OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: NCAA softball playoffs start today

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Anyone heard any baseball scores today? :D
Switching gears are we? I see Kentucky got curb stomped by Western Michigan in the first game of their Regional. And Vandy got the same treatment from Coastal Carolina (although they aren't hosting). Just a few things to make my Friday even better.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What? I saw the score as Western Michigan over Kentucky 12-4. Now it says Kentucky won 10-8. Can't believe nothin' no more.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Continuing with the baseball, I just saw where UConn beat a certain team from Durham, NC today.
Now back to the Bama vs that team from Durham elimination softball game.
That's all I got.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Back in the WCWS, Alabama eliminated Duke, 2-1.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Back to softball Stanford sent Oklahoma St. packing, 8-0 in 6 innings.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Interesting that Oklahoma State was shut out in both of their WCWS games.

Reaction Score
I never expected UCLA to make it this far. Pretty impressive run but will it end against Oklahoma? We will see but Oklahoma is still that team!

That Florida/Texas matchup is what I am looking forward to watching. Like UCLA, Florida was not expected to make it this far. They just keep on moving. Well done, Gators and good luck out there.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
It's amazing to me how the NCAA can select 64 teams for the tournament, with teams possibly losing multiple times and end with the elimination games to reach the semifinals consisting of conference foes: UCLA vs Stanford and Alabama vs Florida.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OT I doubt any of yall have been following the story of BIrmingham Southern's Baseball team,, but Birmingham Southern was a small liberal arts college that after 168 years of existence closed its doors for the last time May 31. The Baseball team was carrying the school and the community on its back for the past few weeks and made it to the D3 CWS. This evening, in an elimination game the Panthers blew a 10-5 lead and lost on a walk-off HR 11-10 in the bottom of the 9th this evening. One of the reasons I love college sports is the post-season, and all of the emotions involved. Scenes like this stir up allergies.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great to see Stanford finish off UCLA. Sending the Bears off to the Big 10 with a giant L

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
Great to see Stanford finish off UCLA. Sending the Bears off to the Big 10 with a giant L
Now this is some big ACC energy that I'm loving.

Schitts Creek Reaction GIF by CBC

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Looks like the Sooners came into today's game looking forward to playing again tomorrow. Too many brain farts in the early innings...giving the Gators tons of momentum.
And it is also interesting that ESPN posted the stat that Coach Gasso is 52-0 against her former assistants. Jinx.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Reaction Score
One half of the WCWS Championship bracket is set and the only thing I am happy about Texas winning is knowing that the ESPN announcing team won't be going on and on about the irony of having a PAC10/12 team in the Championship Games in the PAC12's final season. It was hard enough listening to them during the earlier game between UCLA and Stanford. Just my opinion.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
Alabama's star shortstop entered the transfer portal on Monday.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@YoDore

Any idea why Vanderbilt doesn't have a softball team? Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, and Northwestern all have teams.

Reaction Score
Of these teams listed, I'd watch out for Florida. They've been hot in recent weeks. I don't think much of Tennessee, so I'd be surprised to see them make a run despite their seed.

Look out for an angry and underseeded Duke team.
The above was posted on May 18. You called it. OU and Florida tied for n the top of the 7th. Winner plays Texas for the title.

Reaction Score
@YoDore

Any idea why Vanderbilt doesn't have a softball team? Duke, Stanford, Notre Dame, and Northwestern all have teams.
I wish they did. It's my second favorite women's sport after basketball, and I much prefer it to college baseball. I used to hear they were pretty much land locked and didn't have space for a stadium and parking. I haven't heard it discussed for several years. They are adding volleyball for the '25 season, so that should be fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom