OT: My little UConn fan could use some prayers | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: My little UConn fan could use some prayers

Reaction Score
You guys are amazing, thank you so much. Last Friday when we got the news we felt so alone, at first I just wanted to isolate but since word got out every has been so kind to our family the feeling is indescribable and even though Kendall can't tell us, I think she feels it too hopefully.

She's at CCMC and they've been really good to her there. The doctors all seem very confident in a positive outcome.

For those asking there is a GoFundMe which has been very well supported, I'll leave the link at the bottom. Our entire town has rallied to us like I've never seen before, every business in town wants to donate a raffle basket.

I don't usually like to ask for help, at a restaurant I do everything short of telling the waiter I'll get my own food. The amount of paying it forward I need to do will take a life time.

Kendall Lord
Not sure how everything would work at CCMC, but I am a speech pathologist at Cincinnati Children’s and we have things called “social stories” we would use with a patient in Kendall’s shoes to help her understand what is going on around her. I would imagine you would have a consult visit from a speech pathologist at some point while at the hospital and you could probably request one.

Thoughts to your family. From other members on this board it sounds like she is in great hands to help her through this at the hospital she is at.

Reaction Score
Sending all the best to Kendall, you & your family. I will donate what I can and hope for the best for your angel.

This news has also motivated me to do an Extra Life fundraiser again this year. It's charity that raises money for children's hospitals & I participated a few years ago and raised nearly $1,500. Yadda, yadda, yadda, I haven't done it since, but Kendall has me wishing I kept the momentum. I'll be back on track this year.

Go Kendall!

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I am so sorry to hear about Kendall's illness, Bryan. Our thoughts and prayers are with her and your family. She will get through it and live a long and happy life.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
God bless you and her and all your family and all your friends

Stay strong

How can I make a donation without purchasing product?

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
God bless you and her and all your family and all your friends

Stay strong

How can I make a donation without purchasing product?
Yes there is a donation amount option when you add to cart and then remove shirt but keep donation.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Oh man, what did he go by? Boca Doug? He was a great guy. His nemesis on the politics board was a guy who went by the name Tristan Kennedy. I wonder what happened to that guy...

Boca Doug, indeed.

He actually lived in Boca.

I lost track of Tristan.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Hey guys, not sure if we allow posts like this but figured I'd give it a shot.

My 3 year old, turning 4 March 7th, was diagnosed with kidney cancer last weekend. Shes autistic (mostly) nonverbal and really doesn't understand why all these strangers in lab coats keep poking and prodding her. Shes a super strong girl but could always use a little more support from friends, family, and maybe even the yard. Today she had her biopsy today, port placement, first round of chemo and is hanging tough.

Below is a link to a fundraiser friends have made for her, buy a t shirt or just send some prayers and good energy our way!

Support Kendall Lord | Bonfire
View attachment 39882

Absolutely heartbreaking. I extend my thoughts and prayers to you and your family and will be making some purchases/sharing this with anyone I can.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Hey guys, not sure if we allow posts like this but figured I'd give it a shot.

My 3 year old, turning 4 March 7th, was diagnosed with kidney cancer last weekend. Shes autistic (mostly) nonverbal and really doesn't understand why all these strangers in lab coats keep poking and prodding her. Shes a super strong girl but could always use a little more support from friends, family, and maybe even the yard. Today she had her biopsy today, port placement, first round of chemo and is hanging tough.

Below is a link to a fundraiser friends have made for her, buy a t shirt or just send some prayers and good energy our way!

Support Kendall Lord | Bonfire
View attachment 39882
Congrats on breaking your 250 sweatshirt goal with 3 days still remaining. Please keep us posted with good news!

Reaction Score
Not sure how everything would work at CCMC, but I am a speech pathologist at Cincinnati Children’s and we have things called “social stories” we would use with a patient in Kendall’s shoes to help her understand what is going on around her. I would imagine you would have a consult visit from a speech pathologist at some point while at the hospital and you could probably request one.

Thoughts to your family. From other members on this board it sounds like she is in great hands to help her through this at the hospital she is at.

That's awesome, I'm going to inquire about this tomorrow.

Thank you so much everyone, we have not only met but exceeded 250 shirts sold. I'm floored by the response here. Everyone that has been following the fundraisers asked me about the sudden influx of UConn nation.

Also if anyone is near by southington, the fire house is hosting a pancake breakfast on 3/10. Come meet the family. Almost 100 businesses in town have donated a raffle basket so it should be pretty awesome. I know Stanley sent a huge box of tools too.

Reaction Score

Just told my wife about this and her developmental pediatrician is actually working on them right now.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Just checking the Yard after a long trip and saw this. Heartbreaking news Bryan. Will certainly be praying for Kendall and your family as you do battle with this horrible disease.

Reaction Score
Done and happy to help. We've been through some tough healthcare issues and are sending you love and special thoughts. Be as well as you can be and know we're all cheering for you. If you need anything, post it and I predict some quick positive results from this site.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom