OT: My little UConn fan could use some prayers | The Boneyard

OT: My little UConn fan could use some prayers

Reaction Score
Hey guys, not sure if we allow posts like this but figured I'd give it a shot.

My 3 year old, turning 4 March 7th, was diagnosed with kidney cancer last weekend. Shes autistic (mostly) nonverbal and really doesn't understand why all these strangers in lab coats keep poking and prodding her. Shes a super strong girl but could always use a little more support from friends, family, and maybe even the yard. Today she had her biopsy today, port placement, first round of chemo and is hanging tough.

Below is a link to a fundraiser friends have made for her, buy a t shirt or just send some prayers and good energy our way!

Support Kendall Lord | Bonfire
FB_IMG_1550628259599.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Bryan
first- my heart and prayers go out to your beautiful little girl and to you, your wife and your family
It must be tough on all of you but particularly on that precious little angel.
I have a severely autistic nephew and knowing he cannot communicate with us kills me but these little folks have skills in other areas that blow our minds.
It must be frightening enough for her but she will have the strength that she will get from you, your wife and family to pull through - having some family members go through cancer treatment, it's attitude and hope that pulls them through.
I will definitely support and would love a t-shirt
Keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers flowing
My Best
gtcam

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Byron
first- my heart and prayers go out to your beautiful little girl and to you, your wife and your family
It must be tough on all of you but particularly on that precious little angel.
I have a severely autistic nephew and knowing he cannot communicate with us kills me but these little folks have skills in other areas that blow our minds.
It must be frightening enough for her but she will have the strength that she will get from you, your wife and family to pull through - having some family members go through cancer treatment, it's attitude and hope that pulls them through.
I will definitely support and would love a t-shirt
Keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers flowing
My Best
gtcam
pssst. It's Bryan! ;)

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

My 3 year old, turning 4 March 7th, was diagnosed with kidney cancer last weekend. Shes autistic (mostly) nonverbal and really doesn't understand why all these strangers in lab coats keep poking and prodding her. Shes a super strong girl but could always use a little more support from friends, family, and maybe even the yard. Today she had her biopsy today, port placement, first round of chemo and is hanging tough.

Below is a link to a fundraiser friends have made for her, buy a t shirt or just send some prayers and good energy our way!

Support Kendall Lord | Bonfire
View attachment 39882
I have a brother in law with special needs (cerebral palsy) so I understand how much it means to have people help. The boneyard has stepped up several times for him so I am happy to pay it forward.

I hope things turn out great and I look forward to wearing my #KENDALLSTRONG sweatshirt!

Step up Boneyard!

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nothing any of us can say we'll likely make you feel any better but, I've seen first hand with my sister what modern medicine can accomplish in the face of incredible odds. Your daughter looks like a fighter, so hang in there as best you can and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Support Kendall Lord | Bonfi

prayers and I will add her to our church prayer list so we have many more praying for your little girl.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m so sorry to hear that.

But I don’t want to use the word sorry, that kid looks way too tough for a word like that. And she has the jersey of a fighter and scrapper and winner.

I’ll be praying for you guys, keep strong.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
You can opt to donate cash but not sure if Bonfire gets any of that.
Dove, not seeing a link to donate cash on the referenced link to Bonfire

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom