OT: Most hated commercial | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Most hated commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
any of the Liberty Mutual commercials, the Ricky Gervais commercial for Verizon and I agree that the little Wayne and little sweet Playhouse commercials are also awful.
that Peter Pan commercial is truly Dreadful. I thank God for my mute button!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Any and all commercials for prescription drugs. "May cause suicidal feelings." I don't know if they are talking about the drug's side effects of the commercial.

The quotes that follow were cut and pasted from the website of Latisse, a drug marketed to “grow eyelashes for people with inadequate or not enough lashes."

Possible side effects of the treatment include:

“Problems swallowing, speaking, or breathing, due to weakening of associated muscles, can be severe and result in loss of life. You are at the highest risk if these problems are pre-existing before injection. Swallowing problems may last for several months.”

He may be dead, but he’s got great eyelashes.

(For those who have seen Blazing Saddles: We don’t need no stinking lashes!)

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Wouldn't you just love to put that stupid Progressive Insurance 'box' into a trash compacter and turn it to pulp?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have TiVo, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. What's a commercial?

My local radio station has a commercial that begins with a police siren. I pull over at least a couple times a month. Pisses me off.

I'm bringing this up if I ever get cited for not pulling over.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1-800 Kars for Kids, makes me mute the TV immediately or turn off the radio immediately, the second I hear the stupid tune. If anyone posts a video of it here I will punch them in the throat.

Glad this thread got in to radio commercials. I spend more time in a car than I do watching TV. Worst thing is my XM/Sirius taste all go to same marketing so I can hear that sh!tty commercial any time.

The other two commercials I instantly turn off are the cigar club commercial and the happy z spelled backwards.

Best commercial out there right now is Cookie Monster and Siri. Instant classic.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
For current ads I nominate:

"Change apartments, change the world!"

huh?

Reaction Score
For current ads I nominate:

"Change apartments, change the world!"

huh?

It's making fun of startups that get super serious about their apps.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One commercial I never expect to see is Boeheim doing a Kleenex commercial.

Reaction Score
How has no one said those dog commercials with the sad music? Usually ruins the next 5 minutes of whatever show I'm watching

Reaction Score
Hate them all. Main reason we no longer have tv.That and all the garbage on tv. Amazing how quickly I got used to not having it. Try it for a couple of weeks. I do however have sling tv and the mlb package for my sports fix.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I don't know how I forgot Flo from Progressive. They should call her Aunt Flo.
The abused animal ones are horrible too, but in a different sort of way. I was kind of going for more the annoying end of things.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
I don't know how I forgot Flo from Progressive. They should call her Aunt Flo.
The abused animal ones are horrible too, but in a different sort of way. I was kind of going for more the annoying end of things.
Dude, the Progressive " sprinkles are for winners" and " lactose intolerant " commercials are
Funny.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
1-800 Kars for Kids, makes me mute the TV immediately or turn off the radio immediately, the second I hear the stupid tune. If anyone posts a video of it here I will punch them in the throat.
This was first thing that came to my mind. Second was another radio commercial for some bank with a chorus "hard work, work" that's played up here in boston.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
The commercials I simply cannot watch are the starving children and abused animal commercials. I really don't need or want to see examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom