OT: Most hated commercial | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Most hated commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kars for Kids spends all their car money on commercials I think.

Then they give the rest of the money to another charity Oorah. Basically no money benifits kids.

Reaction Score
any of the Liberty Mutual commercials, the Ricky Gervais commercial for Verizon and I agree that the little Wayne and little sweet Playhouse commercials are also awful.
Any time Liberty Mutual commercial showed up I will switch the channel ASAP. This is a very mean and always says how bad other companies are company.
I hate this sentence from a very mean lady in the TV:
"When you just buy a brand new car, you have an accident, the insurance company only pay you 3/4 of the new car price. How can they expect you to drive a 3/4 car in the street?"

The stupid woman seems does not know the difference between 3/4 new car price and 3/4 car.

Reaction Score
Any and all commercials for prescription drugs. "May cause suicidal feelings." I don't know if they are talking about the drug's side effects of the commercial.

I'm right there with you. And Doctors hate them as well. They have to deal with patients who diagnose themselves and come in thinking that they need a particular drug. Doctors know of these drugs, and will prescribe them if they think you need them without any damn commercial. The commercials for Lyrica are my least favorite. My wife takes it and even with insurance the drug is fricking expensive. It would be a whole lot more affordable if the drug company wasn't spending millions of dollars on television ads.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Any and all commercials for prescription drugs. "May cause suicidal feelings." I don't know if they are talking about the drug's side effects of the commercial.

And any and all commercials for lawyers offering to represent you if you took those prescription drugs.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I'm right there with you. And Doctors hate them as well. They have to deal with patients who diagnose themselves and come in thinking that they need a particular drug. Doctors know of these drugs, and will prescribe them if they think you need them without any damn commercial. The commercials for Lyrica are my least favorite. My wife takes it and even with insurance the drug is fricking expensive. It would be a whole lot more affordable if the drug company wasn't spending millions of dollars on television ads.

Yeah, I have both mild type 2 diabetes and peripheral artery disease, so the drug companies would love me to ask the doctor to prescribe lyrica for the attendant neuropathy. The listed potential side effects are more than enough to get a giant NOPE out of me. Vascular doctor says, "...we could give it to you if the foot pain gets bad enough, but you're way better off without it if you can bear the discomfort."

Reaction Score
All of the Charles Barkley/Samuel L. Jackson/Spike Lee commercials during March Madness this year. They managed to take 3 personalities that are tolerable-to-enjoyable separately, and made them utterly excruciating in tandem.

Re: Liberty Mutual, I can't stand how their target audience is, basically, people who are careless and flaky with their cars. As a millennial, I'm particularly embarrassed by the ones featuring twenty-somethings; they basically perpetuate every negative stereotype that older people have about our generation.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I have both mild type 2 diabetes and peripheral artery disease, so the drug companies would love me to ask the doctor to prescribe lyrica for the attendant neuropathy. The listed potential side effects are more than enough to get a giant NOPE out of me. Vascular doctor says, "...we could give it to you if the foot pain gets bad enough, but you're way better off without it if you can bear the discomfort."
My guess is that you are a member of the Metformin club; it is a big club.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Can we all agree we hate the creepy Burger King commercials?

I agree. In fact I was going to post the exact same feeling. Although I sometimes like to stop by Burger King, their commercials really suck. The king man talks but doesn't move his lips, Thinking of the commercial where he is at the podium.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Absolutely Rich. Actually I think they are funny in a way "why would people break out in hives, the s**ts, sleepiness, etc, to get rid of a headache."

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I have TiVo, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. What's a commercial?

My local radio station has a commercial that begins with a police siren. I pull over at least a couple times a month. Pisses me off.

I'm bringing this up if I ever get cited for not pulling over.
LOL time the same here. Car audio has improved so much over the years, it brings reality in your life. Or car.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
This isn't a hated commercial but I think my favorite. I still quote "All we need is 1 pin Rodney" whenever I go bowling.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Just about every Geico commercial on TV and radio.
Thanks Rico I was trying to think one myself, however GIECO are not bad, some are funny. HOWEVER the one I change channel is the two dudes with Uke's? Stiffs, both of them.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
"You don't have to be lonely at farmers only dot com". Want to face smash the loud annoying woman that's a staple in every one of their commercials. Why the loud screaming shriek that somehow avoids my televisions loudness control? I swear the shriek comes in at 20 decibels louder than the rest of the commercial.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Shingles anyone?

Reaction Score
There's that one for like some Totoyta truck or something. They bring the three guys to some place and they're like "pick the best saw to saw this piece of wood," and then they saw the wood, and then the guy is like "see, you should buy this truck!" I don't understand how a commercial like that gets made. I feel like, at some point, someone had to actually watch the commercial, and you'd think they'd say "hey, there is no logical connection here."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom