OT: Most hated commercial | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Most hated commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every time the Got Junk commercial comes on I immediately switch the channel. Do the Flintstone Kids know these bastages stole their song?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There's that one for like some Totoyta truck or something. They bring the three guys to some place and they're like "pick the best saw to saw this piece of wood," and then they saw the wood, and then the guy is like "see, you should buy this truck!" I don't understand how a commercial like that gets made. I feel like, at some point, someone had to actually watch the commercial, and you'd think they'd say "hey, there is no logical connection here."

My favorite part about those commercials is the opening line: "These are real people, not actors." Because, as we know, actors aren't real people.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
"I've fallen and I can't get up"!! Why would anyone buy a product from a company that leaves a woman helplessly lying on the ground.

Ambulance chasing lawyer ads. You won't pay unless we settle and in small print - when we settle we also take your soul.

Flucken political ads: This country went downhill in a big way when the Supreme Court allowed super PAC's the ability to raise unlimited monies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
All of the Charles Barkley/Samuel L. Jackson/Spike Lee commercials during March Madness this year. They managed to take 3 personalities that are tolerable-to-enjoyable separately, and made them utterly excruciating in tandem.

Re: Liberty Mutual, I can't stand how their target audience is, basically, people who are careless and flaky with their cars. As a millennial, I'm particularly embarrassed by the ones featuring twenty-somethings; they basically perpetuate every negative stereotype that older people have about our generation.
It's only stereotyping if inaccurate. Don't try to kid us. We weren't born yesterday! ;)

Reaction Score
What's your all time most hated commercial? Pretty much all smartphone/wireless commercials top the list, but as far as ones that aren't in that category, this commercial for Hellmann's Dijonnaise is quite possibly mine."Five Dollar Foot Long" and "Napa Know How" are close followers.

ATT girl is cute as hell. I wouldn't mind if she were in every commercial.

Reaction Score
The problem with a thread like this is remembering all the crappy commercials and not being able to get 'em out of my head! On that note, Kars for Kids. Oof

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

This *ing commercial.

Because it makes no sense whatsoever unless they are purposely trying to imply that the guy is going to abandon his family at the end of it.

That makes this my favorite commercial on TV.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Shingles anyone?
Gawd, that is a gross commercial. Guy goes to work with half his face lit up. No way. Another guy at the driving range drives one and his shirt lifts up exposing shingles. Wow.

Reaction Score
more local but anyone mention Silas Deane Pawn? what a bunch of idiots. to try and get attention is one thing but to go completely over the top stupid is another.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
ATT girl is cute as hell. I wouldn't mind if she were in every commercial.
vEqrrQS.jpg

After seeing this image, I agree.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
So I gotta suffer through this and explain it while kids are present. SMH . They play these anytime during the day and in between most major sporting events.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I absolutely HATE the new Mazda commercials with Aaron Paul narrating. His voice just comes across as condescending and snooty. I don't know why, but I hate the pacing and tone of his voice. I have to frantically grab the remote and mute these commercials whenever they come on. It's so irritating to my ears.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Totally offensive .

Yeah, well if you just stuck to the mojo ketchup instead of that jalapeño bastardized version the team would have been infinitely better off, as would your colon.

Last edited:

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah, well if you just stuck the mojo ketchup instead of that jalapeño bastardized version the team would have been infinitely better off, as would your colon.
True story. The other night wife accidentally grabbed the jalapeño ketchup for her fries. She didn't realize that I bought different varieties. She dipped a fry and yelled "what is this " and looked at the label ( she doesn't like spicy) . I told her and the first thing she said was " do the guys on that stupid message board know you bought jalapeño ketchup? It's your fault UConn lost. I should tell them"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True story. The other night wife accidentally grabbed the jalapeño ketchup for her fries. She didn't realize that I bought different varieties. She dipped a fry and yelled "what is this " and looked at the label ( she doesn't like spicy) . I told her and the first thing she said was " do the guys on that stupid message board know you bought jalapeño ketchup? It's your fault UConn lost, I should tell them"
God, she gets us. She totally gets us.
upload_2016-4-12_0-21-11.png

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The anti-smoking commercials that show the former smoker in some up condition like having to shower with a vent hole.

The erectile dysfunction commercial that shows a middle-aged couple hanging drapes, gazing into each other's eyes and then the voice over announces that 'everything has changed' indicating that the drapes can wait and the old people are gonna bang because he took his pills. No one is stupid enough to think hanging drapes will lead to banging because home improvement projects are generally the closest most couples will come to divorce.

The Buick commercials where they admit they used to make ugly cars and now make better looking cars that people cannot believe are Buicks. That commercial says to me that a new Buick is a great way to experience a horrific depreciation curve.

The Coach K commercials for Sportscenter that are actually Sportscenter commercials for Duke basketball.

Reaction Score
I DVR just about everything so I can skip the commercials. I am a much happier person - even my friends have noticed..lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom