OT: McGregor Mayweather Press Conferences | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: McGregor Mayweather Press Conferences

Reaction Score
Connor is best known for his kick boxing, but he has a quick and powerful left hook. Even though he isn't known for having knockout power I actually think McGregor is going to land a lucky left and drop Floyd for a KO...you heard it here first
You're a fool.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
How does a betting novice like me go about placing a bet on the fight? I'd like to pluck down a grand on McGregor just on the chance he lands a big punch. No way he beats him in a 'boxing' might but could win a fight. Having money on it would make the fight even more interesting for me. Anyone else wonder how McGregor refrains from throwing and elbow or knee if Mayweather hurts him. Fighting is instinct and can't be turned off. McGregor for the win by triangle choke......

Reaction Score
How does a betting novice like me go about placing a bet on the fight? I'd like to pluck down a grand on McGregor just on the chance he lands a big punch. No way he beats him in a 'boxing' might but could win a fight. Having money on it would make the fight even more interesting for me. Anyone else wonder how McGregor refrains from throwing and elbow or knee if Mayweather hurts him. Fighting is instinct and can't be turned off. McGregor for the win by triangle choke.

He's not going to elbow him in the ring. If he does it's on purpose. Even high level amateur fighters have extreme poise and control in the ring for the most part. There's a few crazy mofos like Tyson, but they're the minority

Any kind of crap like that is going to be on purpose as a publicity stunt.

Reaction Score
The way they talk both about money and how much they have and will make is cringeworthy. It's a sham of a fight and a flat out money grab, just listen to either one for 30 seconds and they'll tell you.

Reaction Score
Was that Mayweather's young daughter standing next to him? Wow. She should not be there to witness all the cursing, bravado, name calling and attacks without an adult mind to process it as fake entertainment.
Its ok. Its what shes used to. especially when daddy beat up mommy a couple times.

Reaction Score
He's not going to elbow him in the ring. If he does it's on purpose. Even high level amateur fighters have extreme poise and control in the ring for the most part. There's a few crazy mofos like Tyson, but they're the minority

Any kind of crap like that is going to be on purpose as a publicity stunt.
I tell you this, if im McGregor i come out and fight in a stand up mma style instead of boxing. It could be enough to throw Floyd off and Conor could increase his chances of landing something big. Id also try to impress upon floyd that i could lose control and try to kick or knee him. But then again this is all staged. I wouldnt be surprised if behind the scenes both these guys are acutally choreographing the fight itself.

Reaction Score
How does a betting novice like me go about placing a bet on the fight? I'd like to pluck down a grand on McGregor just on the chance he lands a big punch. No way he beats him in a 'boxing' might but could win a fight. Having money on it would make the fight even more interesting for me. Anyone else wonder how McGregor refrains from throwing and elbow or knee if Mayweather hurts him. Fighting is instinct and can't be turned off. McGregor for the win by triangle choke.
There are almost certainly clauses in the contract to prevent McGregor from utilizing any MMA moves that are prohibited in boxing. If McGregor wants his payday, he can't do it.
Only way Floyd loses is if it's fixed. And, as much as Floyd likes money, I don't think he'd take a loss on his resume for the sake of a rematch.

Reaction Score
I tell you this, if im McGregor i come out and fight in a stand up mma style instead of boxing. It could be enough to throw Floyd off and Conor could increase his chances of landing something big. Id also try to impress upon floyd that i could lose control and try to kick or knee him. But then again this is all staged. I wouldnt be surprised if behind the scenes both these guys are acutally choreographing the fight itself.

Stand up MMS style. There are different kinds. Wrestler? Muay Thai? The types of stances in MMS very widely.

McGregors normal stance is very upright, hips forward, and he kind of lurches when he punches (this is all from memory. I haven't looked or care to look carefully). He keeps his hands lower than a boxer to defend take downs, and keeps his legs closer together to help with kicks muay thai style.

In this stance, McGregor will not be able to generate enough speed or power to contend with Floyd even of he was a good boxer.

His only chance is not to fight MMa style in my opinion. It's to use his length early in the fight to try for a lucky hit while Floyd is cocky.

Reaction Score
Some of the best pound for pound guys of the last 20 years couldn't land a good shot on Floyd. Mosley landed one or two and he couldn't knock him down.

Canelo and Marquez could never even sniff Mayweather. I just re-watched both of those last night and Money was Master Class. He put on a clinic.

If those guys didn't stand a chance, what makes you think an MMA fighter will?

Like I said, a lucky punch.

Reaction Score
If it's fixed, I'd say McGregor goes the distance and gets screwed on the decision leading to him continuing his trash talk of Mayweather and getting him to do a rematch and each doubling what they make in this fight.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
McGregor barely looks competent trying to punch MMA guys who can't get their head out of the way if you told them when you were going to punch them. He's not hitting Mayweather.

An aside to the thought that these guys might choreograph the fight...they are certainly choreographing the press conferences as they're sharing a private plane flying around to these things.

Reaction Score
McGregor barely looks competent trying to punch MMA guys who can't get their head out of the way if you told them when you were going to punch them. He's not hitting Mayweather.

An aside to the thought that these guys might choreograph the fight...they are certainly choreographing the press conferences as they're sharing a private plane flying around to these things.
Where dis you read they're sharing a plane?

And I don't think McGregor has a chance, but he punches the mma guys at will, which of course means nothing against mayweather.

Reaction Score
You're a fool.

Look at it this way. If Mayweather wins, here are the 3 options....

1) I can't see this going the distance. No way McGregor can dance around and get jabbed for all that time. He's too flat footed.
2) I don't think Mayweather knocks him out easily. He's had 1 KO since 2007.
3) If Mayweather knocks him out, I can see it coming in like a 4th/5th rd when McGregor loses some steam.

Why would McGregor sign up for this fight? Only for money and to get jabbed at for 4-5 rounds before losing? I think he absolutely feels like there's a chance he can finish this with one punch.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score

1) I can't see this going the distance. No way McGregor can dance around and get jabbed for all that time. He's too flat footed.
3) If Mayweather knocks him out, I can see it coming in like a 4th/5th rd when McGregor loses some steam.

Why would McGregor sign up for this fight? Only for money and to get jabbed at for 4-5 rounds before losing? I think he absolutely feels like there's a chance he can finish this with one punch.

I agree with #2, #3, but I can see this going the distance because Floyd is too difficult to hit with his footwork, shoulder rolls, and he will dance away and counter. But as you said because McGregor is convinced he has a shot, McGregor will open himself and Floyd will hit him - that could result in a knockdown(s).

Reaction Score

McGregor has great footwork. He is great at hitting mma guys from distances they can't hit him back from. Difference is those are mma guys and this is Floyd Mayweather.

Reaction Score
Interesting moment in the London presser today. Mayweather called McGregor a "cigarette". Curious to see if the public hits that as hard as other similar uses of a slur in the media.

Reaction Score
Interesting moment in the London presser today. Mayweather called McGregor a "cigarette". Curious to see if the public hits that as hard as other similar uses of a slur in the media.

I don't think you can compare the word cigarette to the n-word if that's where you're going.

Reaction Score
Well clearly both of these guys are class acts. This should be a nice clean gentlemanly match.

Reaction Score

They're supposedly flying in separate, identical private planes with their entourages. The sharing a private plane was a rumor someone spread on social media.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So no gamblers on this site? How can I place a bet? Do I need to go to a state that allows it or can on-line bets be placed?

Reaction Score
They're supposedly flying in separate, identical private planes with their entourages. The sharing a private plane was a rumor someone spread on social media.
That one seemed hard to believe. They gotta keep up the pretense of hating each other.

Reaction Score

Give me the thousand. I'll make sure your bet is placed on McGregor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom