OT: Keyontae Johnson UF | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Keyontae Johnson UF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Remote learning, hybrid models, smaller class sizes - a lot transmitted in schools. Early season numbers for vaccinations against the flu were double what they were last year at the same time.

'New data from the health IT firm IQVIA finds that 23.5 million people got the flu shot from Aug. 7 through Oct. 2, compared with 12.6 million during the same timeframe in 2019.'

You then must be assuming the most vulnerable to the seasonal flu were heavily represented in the additional 10.9 million who sought out the flu vaccine this year.

Reaction Score
This thread needs to be locked. This kid is in a (medically-induced) coma, and you knuckleheads are arguing about Covid. What a joke. Hope the kid is ok, that's all this thread should be about.
That's what all these arm chair Doctors do. They're all so smart, yet too stupid to stay between the lines and follow the thread. Maybe all Covid conversation should be done in the Cesspool. And it's the same people, time after time.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thank you for bringing a voice of reason and veracity to this wilderness. I lean towards bringing snarkiness to the battle, but we all do what we can do.
Unfortunately @BParkDog's claim about the German study did not recognize the corrections made by the authors to that study after they were challenged. After those corrections there still was statistical evidence of heart problems in the group they studied, a group that included healthy individuals who had mild Covid-19 symptoms. What he could have said was the German study did not include anyone younger than 31.

I hated like heck discussing clinical issues when the most significant thing is a kids life but the last thing that’s needed is misinformation when the health of many people is at stake.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This timeline isn’t making sense to me. When was he extubated if he sounds like “you can tell he’s been sedated”? “Having good conversations” is some big update? Did he have a stroke or something? I remember some of our young COVIDs (20s-30s) early on having random strokes.

Reaction Score
This timeline isn’t making sense to me. When was he extubated if he sounds like “you can tell he’s been sedated”? “Having good conversations” is some big update? Did he have a stroke or something? I remember some of our young COVIDs (20s-30s) early on having random strokes.
Yeah - something is definately missing in the timeline. Hope he continues to progress.

Reaction Score
The way that his head slammed...I wouldn't doubt that there may have been severe concussion.

Going from being groggy and sedated one day to having good conversations the next sounds good to me...like he is coming out. Never been put into a coma, so I do not know the recovery interval.

Reaction Score
This was interesting. Doesn't fit the rhetoric that has been used the last 9 months.

“What we believed before about the relative harmlessness of COVID-19 among younger adults has simply not been borne out by emerging data,” the doctors wrote. “In the past, it took us too long to respond to the epidemics of opioids and H.I.V./AIDS when the young started dying in large numbers. Now that we have similar information about COVID-19, we must immediately address it. We need to amend our messaging and our policies now. Outreach in the coming weeks and months is imperative. We know it can help.”

Reaction Score
This was interesting. Doesn't fit the rhetoric that has been used the last 9 months.

“What we believed before about the relative harmlessness of COVID-19 among younger adults has simply not been borne out by emerging data,” the doctors wrote. “In the past, it took us too long to respond to the epidemics of opioids and H.I.V./AIDS when the young started dying in large numbers. Now that we have similar information about COVID-19, we must immediately address it. We need to amend our messaging and our policies now. Outreach in the coming weeks and months is imperative. We know it can help.”

Interesting that the headline says the deaths are "from COVID" but the article says "the physicians said they found that from March through the end of July, there were almost 12,000 more deaths than expected based on historical norms among adults between the ages of 25 and 44.....While detailed data are not yet available for all areas, we know COVID-19 is the driving force behind these excess deaths,”

What the heck does "the driving force behind the deaths" mean. That could mean that the deaths were not "from Covid." Is it an uptick in suicide? In drugs deaths? It's tough to follow the science the science when the science is ambiguous at best.

Reaction Score
Interesting that the headline says the deaths are "from COVID" but the article says "the physicians said they found that from March through the end of July, there were almost 12,000 more deaths than expected based on historical norms among adults between the ages of 25 and 44.....While detailed data are not yet available for all areas, we know COVID-19 is the driving force behind these excess deaths,”

What the heck does "the driving force behind the deaths" mean. That could mean that the deaths were not "from Covid." Is it an uptick in suicide? In drugs deaths? It's tough to follow the science the science when the science is ambiguous at best.
I wish I could enjoy the bliss that must come from this level of ignorance

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score

DeSantis isn't hiring, so not sure why you need to publicly post your application.

Reaction Score
The SEC coaches are asking for the absolute unknowable. We've gone decades w/ guesswork trying to associate post-infection illness with the original infection, but John Calipari needs to know--NOW!

Reaction Score
Just nice to hear he is progressing well. Pray for a complete recovery for this talented young man.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Even if it is COVID related there’s no need to shut the season down.

Just hope he’s okay.

Reaction Score
Even if it is COVID related there’s no need to shut the season down.

Just hope he’s okay.

we don’t know long term effects of covid. it could be permanent heart or lung damage though. i wouldn’t risk it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom