OT: Juwan Durham to Notre Dame | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Durham to Notre Dame

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Durham is the most curious transfer imo. Especially after uconn stayed loyal to him when other programs would have cut and run.

He didn't seem effective all that often, he was probably the biggest disappointment for me in 2016 (non-injury division.

I'm sure we'll never actually know what went down. But it's hard to say that any 4 that shoots 3s isn't a better fit at nD than uconn. The question is how he got there after coming here first.

Reaction Score
I think Kevin Ollie has made the arguments better than any of us ever could. Disappointed fans didn't create this dumpster fire. We simply dislike seeing this once proud program fall so far so quickly.

Wow never ends. You must be a treat:rolleyes:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I think Kevin Ollie has made the arguments better than any of us ever could. Disappointed fans didn't create this dumpster fire. We simply dislike seeing this once proud program fall so far so quickly.
JSMH

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Durham is the most curious transfer imo. Especially after UConn stayed loyal to him when other programs would have cut and run.

Don't kid yourself. If UConn bailed he would have found another home.

Reaction Score
Durham is the most curious transfer imo. Especially after UConn stayed loyal to him when other programs would have cut and run.

He didn't seem effective all that often, he was probably the biggest disappointment for me in 2016 (non-injury division.

I'm sure we'll never actually know what went down. But it's hard to say that any 4 that shoots 3s isn't a better fit at nD than UConn. The question is how he got there after coming here first.
Its quite obvious. He, along with Vance and Enoch, did not get along with KO. For whatever reason there was (maybe still is/) brewing and I think it was a clash between the players and KO. We have seen multiple reports of this from people on here and it fits the bill. Someone called this Juwan transfer before anyone had it on their radar. Something is up with this and the players who transferred plus all the recruits who we think we are good with only to find they choose a lesser school.

Something is brewing. And it ain't good.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Don't kid yourself. If UConn bailed he would have found another home.

Not what I meant.

If he had originally committed to another school, many of them would probably cut bait after his second injury.

pj

Reaction Score
Not what I meant.

If he had originally committed to another school, many of them would probably cut bait after his second injury.

Schools never do that. Not with top recruits like Juwan. It would be used in negative recruiting against them forever.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Schools never do that. Not with top recruits like Juwan. It would be used in negative recruiting against them forever.
I agree. I hate the way some are painting it as a Mother Teresa act. It was mutual self-interest. I wonder if the staff hinted that he owed them. If so, I don't blame him for leaving.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I wouldn't say never PJ
Also Waquoit, I really wouldn't characterize it as a Mother Theresa act, it's KO committing to his promise.
I have no idea why the kid decided to leave but after seeing myself some of JDs mannerisms on the bench and having attended and watched a few practices where JD both did and didn't participate, I question the kid's attitude and desire. That's all I'm going to say.
I wish him the best at ND but also am done with him.
On to 2017-2018

Reaction Score
I don't wish him luck but I also don't wish him bad luck. These guys that transfer out pretty much become dead to me. I have never kept tabs on any transfer and don't really plan to. If they aint UConn then they gotta go.

Reaction Score
If JD was so unhappy here why didn't he transfer for the spring semester or the previous fall?

Reaction Score
I don't wish him luck but I also don't wish him bad luck. These guys that transfer out pretty much become dead to me. I have never kept tabs on any transfer and don't really plan to. If they aint UConn then they gotta go.
This is how I feel and I'm not proud about continuing the thread, but I am interested in what prompted all of this and to this point there has been nothing stated by a player or coach that is all encompassing. Maybe it doesn't exist, these kids plus MAL just had a change of heart, all individually. Didn't quite fit in here. I have zero connections to the program personnel wise but it surprises me that we don't have that smoking gun. The stench tells me that something is rotten in Denmark and there is smoke so there has to be fire, right?

Reaction Score
This is how I feel and I'm not proud about continuing the thread, but I am interested in what prompted all of this and to this point there has been nothing stated by a player or coach that is all encompassing. Maybe it doesn't exist, these kids plus MAL just had a change of heart, all individually. Didn't quite fit in here. I have zero connections to the program personnel wise but it surprises me that we don't have that smoking gun. The stench tells me that something is rotten in Denmark and there is smoke so there has to be fire, right?

Or, it could be a variety of things.

One, we heard they dropped the ball with MAL and stopped calling him.
Two, Durham got very few minutes. On a losing team.
Three, Vance's father thought he needed to be featured in this offense.

The one I can't understand at all is Enoch. It makes no sense to me. He had it all on a platter. Enoch hurts, even if he didn't play defense.

If Ollie had these guys winning, there'd be more reason to stick around. But Durham and Enoch needed more development time, and the prospect of doing it on a team not experiencing success made it easy for them to take a year off.

Reaction Score
Or, it could be a variety of things.

One, we heard they dropped the ball with MAL and stopped calling him.
Two, Durham got very few minutes. On a losing team.
Three, Vance's father thought he needed to be featured in this offense.

The one I can't understand at all is Enoch. It makes no sense to me. He had it all on a platter. Enoch hurts, even if he didn't play defense.

If Ollie had these guys winning, there'd be more reason to stick around. But Durham and Enoch needed more development time, and the prospect of doing it on a team not experiencing success made it easy for them to take a year off.

Perfectly logical explanations. And you are right, winning cures lots of ills.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom