OT: Juwan Durham to Notre Dame | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Juwan Durham to Notre Dame

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
He is in his mid twenties, never was a student but hung out with the team and recruits. Yeah strange to some, but it worked. Now we have the perfect APR type team and we can't win a recruiting battle for dog catcher. Quite frankly, it's frustrating.
Aren't you overlooking the part where he was tight with Cassel? What's his connection to the program otherwise?

Reaction Score
Uh, yes. Roscoe Smith, Alex Oriakhi, Curtis Kelly, Jamal Coombs-McDaniels, Darius Smith, Marcus Cox, Doug Wiggins, Socttie Haralson, Nate Miles, Ater Majok, and that was in the last 10 years. Don't even need to go back into history to talk about the LeBlancs, Marcus Whites, Antonio Kelloggs, Marcus Johnsons, etc.

Now there's an NBA star studded lineup.....the exit door is marked....no one is indispensable

C

Chief00

Aren't you overlooking the part where he was tight with Cassel? What's his connection to the program otherwise?
True, he is tight with Sam Jr. He is a Baltimore dude and loves UConn. What test does he have to pass? If you are looking for degrees and a perfect APR score to win games, you will be sadly disappointed. I am from the Calhoun school - go with what works for winning and F the other stuff. This isn't a high society social registry. It's doing what you need to do to get players and win games. Ok, quite frankly, I will calm down now!

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
True, he is tight with Sam Jr. He is a Baltimore dude and loves UConn. What test does he have to pass? If you are looking for degrees and a perfect APR score to win games, you will be sadly disappointed. I am from the Calhoun school - go with what works for winning and F the other stuff. This isn't a high society social registry. It's doing what you need to do to get players and win games. Ok, quite frankly, I will calm down now!
This is the textbook definition of beating a dead horse. Is Bunkey working with Notre Dame now? Louisville? How about Providence?

C

Chief00

This is the textbook definition of beating a dead horse. Is Bunkey working with Notre Dame now? Louisville? How about Providence?
I was asked a question so I responded, so this beating a dead horse narrative is silly.

Bunkey is not working at any of those three schools nor is Glen Miller. I do know that Bunkey was viewed as such a threat to PC that they spread rumors about him. I doubt they had to do that about any of our assistants at that time.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
I was asked a question so I responded, so this beating a dead horse narrative is silly.

Bunkey is not working at any of those three schools nor is Glen Miller. I do know that Bunkey was viewed as such a threat to PC that they spread rumors about him. I doubt they had to do that about any of our assistants at that time.
You miss the point. Durham to ND, Ashton-Langford to Providence, Enoch to Louisville. The didn't choose those landing spots because of the presence of a funtime hanger-on.

Reaction Score
If Bunkey brings players, make him our World Wide Wes. I have no idea what Bunkey does but sometimes, among all of Chief's controversial comments, lay little nuggets of gold that prove valuable or accurate.

Whatever has happened, one bad season has sent KO from champ to chump on the recruiting trail and frankly, that seems a bit quick. Maybe something is missing that was there before. If it's Bunkey, do something about it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Bunkey is not working at any of those three schools nor is Glen Miller. I do know that Bunkey was view as such a threat to PC that they spread bad rumors about him. I doubt they had to do that about any of the other assistants at that time.

Cooley, to recruit - "Oh, man....you hear that stuff about Bunkey?!"

Recruit - "Who's Bunkey?"

Cooley - "He was caught diddling clams at the Big Y fish counter!"

Reaction Score
You miss the point. Durham to ND, Ashton-Langford to Providence, Enoch to Louisville. The didn't choose those landing spots because of the presence of a funtime hanger-on.

Bunkey had a nice run for a few years, living rent free with the team, eating team meals, and enjoying the night life, lol.

C

Chief00

Unnamed Recruit - "Who's Bunkey?"

Unname Recruit - "Who's Bunkey?"

Unnamed Recruit: I went to a Fetty Wap concert at UConn. Guys on the team and this dude Bunk danced on the stage

Cooley: Big Deal, Lenny Wilkins went here in 1960.

Unnamed Recruit: I hung out with Bunk and Cassell Jr after the concert - it was a lot of fun. Sam Jr Dad played with KG. He has a nice jeep.

Cooley: I will take you to a restaurant on Federal Hill.

Unnamed Recruit: Bunk took me to a club and he F it up. We closed it.

Diallo: Yeah, I use to love visiting UConn when Bunk was there. It was a lot more fun than going over the class catalog with that guy who wore red socks. It was like visiting UK then.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
Unnamed Recruit: I went to a Fetty Wap concert at UConn. Guys on the team and this dude Bunk danced on the stage

Cooley: Big Deal, Lenny Wilkins went here in 1960.

Unnamed Recruit: I hung out with Bunk and Cassell Jr after the concert - it was a lot of fun. Sam Jr Dad played with KG. He has a nice jeep.

Cooley: I will take you to a restaurant on Federal Hill.

Unnamed Recruit: Bunk took me to a club and he F it up. We closed it.

Diallo: Yeah, I use to love visiting UConn when Bunk was there. It was a lot more fun than going over the class catalog with that guy who wore red socks. It was like visiting UK then.
giphy.gif

C

Chief00

Bunkey had a nice run for a few years, living rent free with the team, eating team meals, and enjoying the night life, lol.
LOL - It was a win/win

Reaction Score
I gave you the numbers for the last 3 years. How is that using one year?

2014 our tempo was 239 and adjusted offense was 39. Notre dame was 275 and 40.

2013 our tempo was 315 and adj offense was 55. Notre dame was 315 and 17.

That is the entirety of ollies time as coach. We've never played at a fast pace. Not even above average. And we've never had a great/ efficient offense. Notre dame has never played fast but they have a great/efficient offense every year except 2014 (40th).

I agree he is much better suited at notre dame but it isn't because they play much slower than us as you suggested. It's because they run a much better offense.

No matter how accurate your post is, if you aren't wearing KO kneepads, he will disagree with you.

I expect Durham to have a nice career at ND once he gets fully healthy.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Chief start the petition.

#BringBackBunk

Bv1j6DwCIAAZlPo.jpg

C

Chief00

#BringBackBunk

Bv1j6DwCIAAZlPo.jpg

Do these look like guys who want to transfer?

I am not on Twitter or Instagram but if someone sets the petition up - I would sign , motivate and support!

C

Chief00

#BringBackBunk

Bv1j6DwCIAAZlPo.jpg
One of them does.

Good catch. Ok Sam - but that was mutual because he wanted to play and had to go to a lower level to do that - he did not give up starters minutes and then go to the ACC. It did not create a donut hole.

Reaction Score
Good catch. Ok Sam - but that was mutual because he wanted to play and had to go to a lower level to do that - he did not give up starters minutes and then go to the ACC. It did not create a donut hole.
Forgot about Sam. I was talking about Terrence.

C

Chief00

Forgot about Sam. I was talking about Terrence.
LOL - so much for my theory - but both were playing a level too high and were not going to get major minutes.

Notice how my bro Bunkey is always front and center - you can't teach that

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Recruit - "Ooooh, that Bunkey!"
FIFY

Reaction Score
No matter how accurate your post is, if you aren't wearing KO kneepads, he will disagree with you.

I expect Durham to have a nice career at ND once he gets fully healthy.

You guys are worse than opposing fans, with this, Let's check the last 3 years, never developed his own players, won with Calhoun's recruits stuff. Let's make more arguments for why you should never come to UConn under Ollie.

Reaction Score
You guys are worse than opposing fans, with this, Let's check the last 3 years, never developed his own players, won with Calhoun's recruits stuff. Let's make more arguments for why you should never come to UConn under Ollie.

I think Kevin Ollie has made the arguments better than any of us ever could. Disappointed fans didn't create this dumpster fire. We simply dislike seeing this once proud program fall so far so quickly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom