OT Jon Rahm to LIV | The Boneyard

OT Jon Rahm to LIV

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Think the Saudis would want to invest in Uconn athletics?
Nothing wrong with some dirty oil money. That would actually be awesome. Give LIV some cross sports advertisements. Someone get Marc on it

Reaction Score
Are there people who actually watch golf on TV? Or anywhere? The thread on heat pumps is more exciting.
I like to watch it on certain courses I’ve played, and for The Open and the US Open. The Masters and PGA, not so much.

Reaction Score
Play many fewer tournaments. Get paid 10x. Not hard to understand his rationale. .
Not sure that’s correct anymore. LIV makes them play. They don’t get much choice. At least that’s what I remember one of them complaining about.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Now he loves team golf?? Everyone has their number!

How does the PGA compete with an entity that doesn't care how much money they lose?

Million Dollar Man Laugh GIF

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Are there people who actually watch golf on TV? Or anywhere? The thread on heat pumps is more exciting.
I'd guess most viewers are actually golfers themselves. I can't really see the appeal if you don't play. For me, it's pretty much only the final round or two of majors and Ryder Cup.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
There have been a lot of articles about a possible deal between the PGA and LIV...maybe finalizing by the end of December. I'm a bit surprised that Rahm isn't waiting till he knows what that deal is. Perhaps now banking
on light punishments for LIV players regarding major/big deal events? Due to his success in majors he will be eligible for a couple more years.,,,after that...who knows? He has often stated that he wants his career to be remembered for
major wins. LIV wins won't mean a thing as it stands.

Nobody watches....small fields.. with only a few elite/star type players: notably Rahm/Dustin Johnson/Brooks Koepka
Bryson DeChambeau and a smidge of others. The PGA is hurting itself by outright banning these players
from majors and other elite tourneys. IMO...something has to be worked out so the best play against the best
as often as possible. Details up to both parties...sooner than later.

I just hope any deal leaves the PGA/USGA and the British organization in charge of all major
decisions...not LIV.

Dump the silly season team events now in LIV....dump the music too.
Pro men's golf: Ryder Cup is THE one and only 'team event' that matters.

I love golf and will be watching the majors and other bigtime events...but they need to have
the best entered....whether they are now LIV players or not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom