OT: Jahvon Quinerly transferring from Villanova | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Jahvon Quinerly transferring from Villanova

Reaction Score
This kid is good enough to be a pro one day, it’s like we forget everything he accomplished in HS after one year.

The evidence suggests he's not though. At least not NBA pro.

He wasn't thought of as a one-and-done guy and he's already turned 20 during his freshman year with no production to show for it at all. Since he's old for his class, he should be dominating, not getting DnPs. He'll be 22 before the next possible draft he could put his name in. He has bad jump shot form.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
What is happening to the Boneyard?

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
talent wise I'd take him, idt Jay Wright was a good fit.

With that said one of my close friends goes to Nova and told me Jahvon doesn't make the best choices around campus. (I won't go into detail)
Arby's?

Reaction Score
What is happening to the Boneyard?

Posters give opinions and if you disagree trolls like BizLiar call you out so that he can feel better about himself.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Posters give opinions and if you disagree trolls like BizLiar call you out so that he can feel better about himself.

BizLaw is a top poster on this board who are you? Also, I'm of the mindset that there are bad opinions so if your opinion was trash and you got called out that isn't exactly trolling.

Reaction Score
This train of thought is mind numbing. The debate over how much weight to put on recruiting rankings in the first place is understandable and will never end. But those who go gaga over recruiting rankings AFTER SOMEONE HAS ACTUALLY PLAYED A YEAR IN COLLEGE AND YOU CAN TELL HOW GOOD HE IS I just don't understand.

Right. The moment a kid steps onto a college court you can forget about his HS ranking. Go back and look at HS rankings from any year; you'll find kids you either never heard of or forgot they existed because they did nothing at the collegiate level. There are busts every single year. Hell, to keep it recent just look at MAL: 38th ranked player in the country yet he belongs in the NEC or the MAAC. Scouts get this stuff wrong all the time.

This is the same ridiculous thing going on with Cam Reddish and his NBA draft projections. If the kid wasn't a highly-touted recruit he'd be taken somewhere around 25th. Instead, people keep talking about how great he was supposed to be coming out of HS and that he'll be the 5-7th pick in the draft.

Reaction Score
If anyone judges his potential by his freshman season, that is unfortunate. I would welcome him to UConn in a second. Hurley is familiar with JQ with him being from Jersey. Will be interesting to see if we make a run at him.

Glad we are on the same page!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
1.Didn't just struggle, got 6 DnPs on a team depleted by graduation/early entry.
2.Clashed with possibly the best coach in basketball.
3.Had a lower FT rate than even Jalen did at any point in his career.

1. The team was ranked most of the season and had solid guard play
2. Even JC, K, Wooden and Smith clashed with some players
3. Don't even understand this one at all - saying JA was a poor FT shooter?

Can't argue with the other stats but these three are kinda of like lets throw it against the wall and see if it sticks

Reaction Score
BizLaw is a top poster on this board who are you? Also, I'm of the mindset that there are bad opinions so if your opinion was trash and you got called out that isn't exactly trolling.

I take it you didn’t enjoy the @SimoFilms productions I introduced to the boneyard? Guess you and Dan Hurley have little in common. Nice to know @businesslawyer has a squire though!

Reaction Score
Nova will probably be wishing they had kept him in a few years.
No they won't. He had his shot and blew it. He plays weak and can't figure out how to play defense. We can do better.

Reaction Score
1.Didn't just struggle, got 6 DnPs on a team depleted by graduation/early entry.
2.Clashed with possibly the best coach in basketball.
3.Had a lower FT rate than even Jalen did at any point in his career.

1. The team was ranked most of the season and had solid guard play
2. Even JC, K, Wooden and Smith clashed with some players
3. Don't even understand this one at all - saying JA was a poor FT shooter?

Can't argue with the other stats but these three are kinda of like lets throw it against the wall and see if it sticks

Who was their "solid" 3rd guard off the bench that forced 5* Jahvon Quinerly into DnP's? Joe Cremo? Come on. Cremo didn't even play well at that level (below average shooting from both 3 and 2, bad turnover numbers). How about 4th guard? Quinerly basically got squeezed out for minutes by fellow freshman Saddiq Bey (#138 recruited freshman, because Samuels could play the 2) and fellow freshman Cole Swider. Brendan Adams only got 2 DnPs for UConn this year, despite our 2 best players on our whole roster playing exactly his position and probably our next best player also being his position and him being for most of the season the 5th guard. Villanova had 3 other players on the whole roster shorter than 6'7" on a team that was somewhat underachieving and he got 6 non-injury DnPs.

Free throw rate is how often you get to the line relative to how many other shots you take, not how often you make those FTs. Both Jalen and Jahvon were very subpar in this area. Getting to the line is on average more productive than just about any other type of shot if you're better than a 65% FT shooter.

#2 is a character thing, which is certainly relevant considering Wright doesn't have the reputation of a rash, judgmental, or vindictive coach. Who transferred away from UConn instead of playing for Calhoun that ended up being any good at all?

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
No they won't. He had his shot and blew it. He plays weak and can't figure out how to play defense. We can do better.

Wasnt saying he was coming here

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom