OT is Brady trying to be a hero | The Boneyard

OT is Brady trying to be a hero

Reaction Score
He says he will see if he plays come on you think he would really miss this game. Are some injuries in sports just played up so the guy can be a hero for instance the MJ flu game, did MJ really have the flu I still believe to this day that he was hung over. It does seem to be a Boston thing such as the Schilling bloody sock or the Paul Pierce wheel chair then he runs out of the tunnel. I believe some of this has to do with some gamesmanship on BB part and Brady is playing along.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hope so. Jumped on the line when it fell to -7.5 and then -7.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He got four stitches or something.

These are win or go home games and he’s the gazillion dollar a year QB. He doesn’t risk any permanent damage and even if he is, he’s 55 years old.

He’ll be fine. The Pats are just playing mind games.

Reaction Score
Just setting up the excuse in case they lose. Easiest path to Superbowl in playoff history. If they lose it will be talked about daily on sports center. If he plays and they win he will go down as a folk lore sports hero for his performance

Reaction Score
Just setting up the excuse in case they lose. Easiest path to Superbowl in playoff history. If they lose it will be talked about daily on sports center. If he plays and they win he will go down as a folk lore sports hero for his performance

They'd win with Garopalo (sp) anyway no biggie:eek:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
He says he will see if he plays come on you think he would really miss this game. Are some injuries in sports just played up so the guy can be a hero for instance the MJ flu game, did MJ really have the flu I still believe to this day that he was hung over. It does seem to be a Boston thing such as the Schilling bloody sock or the Paul Pierce wheel chair then he runs out of the tunnel. I believe some of this has to do with some gamesmanship on BB part and Brady is playing along.

No. If he misses a practice, on the week of a championship game, there's some sort of problem. Brady's psychotic about practicing. And you think Bill wants Brian Hoyer working with the starters just for gamesmanship? That's just sounds dumb. And why would they want to deal with more distractions?

I'm sure it'll get hyped up; that's what the media does. But at the end of the game, win or lose, he'll likely say the injury had no effect on his performance.

The only thing you could call 'gamesmanship', is the Patriots players and coaches saying as little as humanly possible regarding injuries. But that's just protocol in Foxboro.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If Tom wins it all this year I believe it will cement him as the greatest player to ever play football. Period. He will be the Jordan of the gridiron. Just all the adversity he has faced this season, coupled with his age. He is truly a remarkable player.

Reaction Score
No. If he misses a practice, on the week of a championship game, there's some sort of problem. Brady's psychotic about practicing. And you think Bill wants Brian Hoyer working with the starters just for gamesmanship? That's just sounds dumb.

I'm sure it'll get hyped up; that's what the media does. But at the end of the game, win or lose, he'll likely say the injury had no effect on his performance.

Exactly hes psychotic about playing, practicing winning, which is why I was surprised that Brady said well see when asked about if hes playing, why not just I'm playing I'm fine, I'm good to go. Not saying missing the practice was gamesmanship just the way he was answering questions was kind of fishy you expect it out of BB not Brady, and sure a lot of it is played up by the media no question about that. Which is why if he loses its about the thumb if he wins its "omg the 40 year old qb comes through in a heroic performance with a bad thumb".

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Exactly hes psychotic about playing, practicing winning, which is why I was surprised that Brady said well see when asked about if hes playing, why not just I'm playing I'm fine, I'm good to go. Not saying missing the practice was gamesmanship just the way he was answering questions was kind of fishy you expect it out of BB not Brady, and sure a lot of it is played up by the media no question about that. Which is why if he loses its about the thumb if he wins its "omg the 40 year old qb comes through in a heroic performance with a bad thumb".

Well we agree there, the media is ridiculous. Everybody is dealing with something this time of the season, some worse than others.

Also, I agree it wasn't a great answer. I'm betting it's more in the spirit of "I'm not talking about this at all in any way", than "I'm going to make the jaguars think". I mean, there isn't 1 person in the Jags organization that doesn't think Brady is playing the entire game. So it's not accomplishing anything.

Honestly, he looked uncomfortable the whole presser, which gave me pause. He'll play though.

Reaction Score
If Tom wins it all this year I believe it will cement him as the greatest player to ever play football. Period. He will be the Jordan of the gridiron. Just all the adversity he has faced this season, coupled with his age. He is truly a remarkable player.
He's already got GOAT wrapped up. Everything else is just gravy.

Reaction Score
Greatest football player ever wrapped up? LOL.....but he is firmly in the discussion I would agree.

He is great I will give you that. So is Belechick.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Oh man please don’t compare anything to the Paul Pierce wheel chair incident. That was truly an embarrassment. Pierce is softer than Charmin. His recent crying about Isaiah Thomas just solidified it.

And yes, Brady is doing a “hey look at me! I’m going to play with an injury!” Routine.

Just shut up and play Tom.

Reaction Score
Brady is great but he's not the greatest/ most talented player to ever play. Most decorated yes

I am eagerly awaiting your choice that is better. I am not sure you can come up with one.

Reaction Score
Brady is great but he's not the greatest/ most talented player to ever play. Most decorated yes
Somewhere along the line the greatest football player ever debate became a debate about which qb has the most rings. It's ridiculous.

LT is the best football player I've ever seen. I'm not old enough to have watched him but it sure seems Jim Brown was playing a different game than everyone else.

Reaction Score
Actually, he's not the most decorated. Manning won way more MVPs. He is however, the greatest winner, and surrounded by far less talent then any other great winner. But this is an argument that no one can ever win, especially when dealing with such Patriot haters.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Somewhere along the line the greatest football player ever debate became a debate about which qb has the most rings. It's ridiculous.

There's a reason QBs get MVPs. They are so far and above every other player in terms of importance, it's not even close. They by far have the hardest job. The best player should be the guy who's the best at the hardest job no? JJ Watt was called the best player in football for a while, but it wasn't material to his teams wins or losses.

Anyway, I think the best overall player debate is a weak one. You have to look at best by position in football, given the uneven value of each position. I mean, if you are doing all time drafts to start a team, 10-20 QBs are coming off the board before anybody else.

LT is the best football player I've ever seen. I'm not old enough to have watched him but it sure seems Jim Brown was playing a different game than everyone else.

If that's your style of measuring, then you must be a Wilt Chamberlain guy. Playing a different game.

For running backs, the best I've ever seen was Barry Sanders. He played with like 1 pro bowl lineman in his time. He was other wordly. If you put him on Dallas instead of Emmitt Smith, he might have 30,000 yards lol.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
And yes, Brady is doing a “hey look at me! I’m going to play with an injury!” Routine.
Just shut up and play Tom.

Really? Because he's never done that once in his professional career before. In fact exactly the opposite. Strange he'd start now.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Brady is the best QB ever.

Billicheck is the best Coach/GM ever.

Saying otherwise is kind of insane at this point.

Giants fan btw.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you can’t beat Blake Bortles at home in a Conference Championship game you weren’t that good.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom