OT - Illinois Fans Faked Out By Cliff Alexander | The Boneyard

OT - Illinois Fans Faked Out By Cliff Alexander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Probably NSFW with the language, but this is just fantastic. Alexander picks up the Illinois hat before grabbing his real choice, Kansas.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Those fans must hate Kansas and Self more than UConn fans hate BCU!

Reaction Score
Also note that Quentin Snider decommitted from Illinois today and signed with Louisville. Quite a day for the Illini.

Reaction Score
I'm not a fan of the whole hat thing, but I've got to admit, that made me laugh. Obviously God hates the Illini.

Reaction Score
He did them dirty, but did I hear crying in this? Jesus.

Reaction Score
Those fans must hate Kansas and Self more than UConn fans hate BCU!

They despise us, and according to them it is $elf, not Self. They are still pissed at us because Self left Illinois to go to Kansas, and they ended up with this guy.

Bruce-Weber.jpg

Although to be perfectly honest, I would be pissed as well if Bruce "Squeaky" Weber was the coach of my team.

Reaction Score
Have they seriously never seen the hat switch trick before?

And they were that wound up for recruiting? Puts the Boneyard in perspective.

Reaction Score
I posted that video over on wavingthewheat.com (hope you don't mind) and a poster there had the following response:

And before the decision those kids sound like a virgin the first time they have sex

Reaction Score
His delivery was just plain creepy! I get joking around, and I'm guilty of that, but why do that to a coaching staff that you did not commit to, especially from your home state? It's classless, brings back LeBron's tacky announcement, all about the attention. Judging by the appearance & size of his parents, he'll eat his way out of the league by age 25.... so that's my cheap shot back at him.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Commence the "no class" vs. "he's just 18!" debate.

Personally it just seemspretty douchey and played out

Reaction Score
He could have achieved the same sort of fakeout by saying, "The University of IhhKansas"

Most people are unaware that that is the actual name of the school, and not KU (Kansas University). Have no idea why they call it KU.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Obviously from another lifetime ago, the weirdest press conferences...

1) Julius Hodge. I sat in a room watching Montel Williams with his mom, aunt, brother and a toddler. They had no idea where he was going. None.

Then they brought all the kids from St. Raymond's into the cafeteria for the announcement. He did the fake hat trick by taking an SU hat out of the bag first.

Didn't really have much impact as he was choosing from SU, MD and NCSU....and all three hats were basically reddish and it was impossible to tell which hat he was holding. At least he thought it was funny.

2) Allan Ray - he was at a table at some tournament, (ABCD, I think), right behind press row.

Sonny Vaccaro asked us to turn around, we did, and then Allan said, "I am committing to the University of Villanova".

Then everyone turned back around - not one question. Ray sat there for about three minutes with a VU hat on wondering if he should stay or go.

3) At Ben Gordon's press conference, an older fellow kept nudging me and saying, "Please, ask Ben about his college major, he really wants to talk about it."

Fine.

Press conference is in a small classroom and the guy taps me at least three more times to make eye contact and whisper about the college major. (I still see this older gent...he was part of Ben's extended MV family and still wears UConn stuff from head to toe.)

Finally, after being poked a half-dozen times, I asked Ben what was his intended major....and he says, "Hmmm...I haven't thought about it."

I turn around to glare at the old guy and he gives me the two thumbs up.

4) Andrew Bynum's press conference - that was really just me and a photographer from the local paper. We knew the kid was going to announce for UConn, his brother and mom were wearing UConn shirts, the coach was talking to me about UConn, etc., etc.

The athletic director of the school, though, kept tapping me on the shoulder and telling me that it was a done deal for Georgia Tech. He looked like the guy with the mustache on Parks and Rec - he would hold one finger up and say, "Hey, hey....for real, it's Tech. Call it in now."

5) I am completely drawing a blank on the kid's name....he committed to UConn out of the blue at ABCD years ago, but never played. (Really nice kid, mother was sick, I believe).

He committed to UConn during a break in the games when the press room cleared out. The press left after 90 seconds and the next 25 minutes or so, the two of us talked about video games and winter weather at UConn.

Someone will remember his name - really strong kid, not highly regarded. Opted to head somewhere closer to his mom.

Reaction Score
Obviously from another lifetime ago, the weirdest press conferences...

5) I am completely drawing a blank on the kid's name....he committed to UConn out of the blue at ABCD years ago, but never played. (Really nice kid, mother was sick, I believe).

He committed to UConn during a break in the games when the press room cleared out. The press left after 90 seconds and the next 25 minutes or so, the two of us talked about video games and winter weather at UConn.

Someone will remember his name - really strong kid, not highly regarded. Opted to head somewhere closer to his mom.

maybe Will Harris. He wound up at UVa and then transferred.

Reaction Score
Another video. Seems like Illinois fans like to record themselves for these types of things:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think that's bush league from the recruit, but for the Illinois fans to be taping themselves losing their is pretty funny.

Reaction Score
My favorite part was the DePaul hat like they had a chance. #3 in the country, hahaha

Reaction Score
This is the equivalent of Drummond picking up a UCONN hat to fake us and then picking up a Kentucky hat.

Bush league.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Here's another one. Part of me wonders if these are staged / filmed aftewards, but another part of me doesn't care.

Reaction Score
Here's another one. Part of me wonders if these are staged / filmed aftewards, but another part of me doesn't care.

After looking at it I doubt it was staged........guess they needed that guy huh?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score
How hard is it for people to film things with their phone horizontally so there aren't those damn bars on the side and you can actually see what's happening?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Talk about an emotional roller coaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom