OT-I bring you the WNBA All-Star MVP trophy! | The Boneyard

OT-I bring you the WNBA All-Star MVP trophy!

Reaction Score
LOL! Reminiscent of a scene from Spinal Tap......

1657592803340.png

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If it had been anyone other than Plum, they probably wouldn't have even been able to hold onto the handles because they are too small.

Reaction Score
I would guess that it's easier to move an eight inch trophy throughout a career than a 3 foot monster.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Heck the National Spelling Bee champion and the runner up got larger trophy's then this.:eek:

Reaction Score
Pathetic! Imagine being Plum and accomplishing something like this, something she will be able to look back on for the rest of her life, an accomplishment that is reserved to such a small number of people, and (very importantly) one that was truly deserved, only to be the butt of ridicule! It is really unforgivable Imo! Hard to explain this as anything but incompetence and unbelievable obliviousness on the part of those in charge!

Reaction Score
WNBA should be embarrassed, especially given the current climate of everything.

Reaction Score
Pathetic! Imagine being Plum and accomplishing something like this, something she will be able to look back on for the rest of her life, an accomplishment that is reserved to such a small number of people, and (very importantly) one that was truly deserved, only to be the butt of ridicule! It is really unforgivable Imo! Hard to explain this as anything but incompetence and unbelievable obliviousness on the part of those in charge!
Personally, I think she showed real class by accepting it and posing for pictures.
She should have told them to “shove it”which, based on it’s size, would have been relatively easy.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something, but why does the trophy have to be ginormous? She won the MVP, was acknowledged everywhere for it, and was presented with a trophy. What is the big deal? Does the size of the trophy detract from her accomplishment?

Congrats to Kelsey for a great performance and for being named the MVP of the WNBA all star game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something, but why does the trophy have to be ginormous? She won the MVP, was acknowledged everywhere for it, and was presented with a trophy. What is the big deal? Does the size of the trophy detract from her accomplishment?

Congrats to Kelsey for a great performance and for being named the MVP of the WNBA all star game.
If a lot of people (not evil minded trolls) take notice and are making fun of the league, it makes a difference. In a league fighting to survive, it does not need another reason for ridicule.

Reaction Score

Because it’s reinforces the documentable fact that the WNBA isn’t taken seriously by the people who run it ( NBA) and that women will always be treated as inferior in everything.

Reaction Score

It’s going to be a little embarrassing when her daughter’s (assuming she has children someday) soccer participation trophy is bigger than her (Plum’s) MVP trophy! Clearly, it doesn’t take away the fact that she was the best of the best in that game but does speak to the incompetence and lack of awareness of those in charge of running this All-Star extravaganza! What would a nice trophy cost? $300-$1000 maybe? It just makes a league that is constantly trying to assert it’s status as an NBA peer, look second rate once again. She deserves more, as does the league!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
NBA Kobe Bryant All Star MVP trophy, new this year

1657652401584.jpeg

Last year’s trophy. It looks like the NBA shops at Trophies R Us.

7tfomt30am2gl6ou_1615183014.jpeg

Reaction Score
Oh for heaven's sake. She got a trophy, and a pretty nice looking one at that.

Some folks just seem desperate for something to complain about.
I'm neither desperate, nor am I looking for something to complain about. In fact, quite the opposite. I saw the picture and story on the WNBA website, as well as the hysterical comments that followed, and got a good laugh out of it. I thought the BY could use one, too. But let's be real, Kelsey Plum deserved better than a Participation Award.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm neither desperate, nor am I looking for something to complain about. In fact, quite the opposite. I saw the picture and story on the WNBA website, as well as the hysterical comments that followed, and got a good laugh out of it. I thought the BY could use one, too. But let's be real, Kelsey Plum deserved better than a Participation Award.
She did get better than a participation award. She won the MVP. She was acknowledged all over the WNBA, and got a trophy for it.

Again, I don't get the hysterics I'm seeing on here. It's like a gaggle of 5 year olds. "Waaaaaahhhh I want a bigger trophy". Good lord. In the grand scheme of things, THIS is getting some of your blood boiling??? :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom