Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Retro?

Here's Sturgill Simpson:

:mike drop:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

On July 12, 1969 two friends and I went to MSG to see Blindfaith. Little did we know it would be their only NYC appearance. I remember Delaney and Bonnie were on the card. We sat I believe in the balcony. I also believe MSG was sliced in half for the concert. As the time approached the audience reached a fever pitch. It just became louder as the concert went on. At the end the crowd was delirious. My friend left us and made his way to the front of the stage. As the band left the stage with the audience screaming, from where we sat we could see my friend (!) reach out and grab Ginger Baker's leg. They never returned for an encore.

I never saw Todd play. But there used to be a little club here in NY called "Max's Kansas City". One night while I was getting drunk there and eating chick peas Todd walked in with two young ladies. I spoke to him and got his autograph.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I don’t think anything from Kind of Blue has been posted yet. This cut is my favorite, with a spectacular solo by Cannonball Adderly. Every cut is great, though.

Reaction Score
all cherished classics! great thread! Seeing Buddy Guy perform in 2 weeks!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I don’t think anything from Kind of Blue has been posted yet. This cut is my favorite, with a spectacular solo by Cannonball Adderly. Every cut is great, though.

Someone once asked Coltrane what was it like to work for Miles and he said, "I don't know man. He just seemed to be pissed off all the time". By the way I just bought "Both Directions At Once", the deluxe version in hi-rez download. Sublime.

Reaction Score
David Blatt was from my old neighborhood of Borough Park in Brooklyn. In 1963 he replaced Jay Traynor as lead singer of Jay and the Americans and became known as Jay Black. He sang lead for most of their hits. Also from the neighborhood was a guy named Sandy Koufax. Can’t remember what he became famous for but pretty sure it wasn’t his singing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom