OT: How Retro Can You Go! | The Boneyard

OT: How Retro Can You Go!

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Bob Seger...no, really!

And yes...this was filmed in Meyers7's garage! :p

Okay now I feel a dummy. Please, just explain to this old man what you mean by retro.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Your first instinct is usually correct.
As an aside, "Lies" by the Knickerbockers was written and I believe, produced by Sly Stone. You want retro, yes, we do need some "stinking" retro. And for a minute, let me catch my breath. Give up one song I don't love at least.

JordyG

Reaction Score
So many. But this Dr., who was part of a group that was associated with 3 different groups sings my personal fave by them. Although they became famous for another song.

JordyG

Reaction Score
And finally the original John "Jay" Traynor who was the first Jay in "Jay and the Americans", and part of the Tokens with Seigel, with my fave from him.

JordyG

Reaction Score
Yeah, there just too many. And I love doo-wop. Where's donalddoowop when you need him?

JordyG

Reaction Score
Wait. Before I leave for the night here's one of the great voices of the era, someone who Jackie Wilson just loved to death and copied just a bit. Here he is in a rare video with this guy at the piano that seems familiar.

Last edited:

JordyG

Reaction Score
I've never shared this story with anyone, so the BY sounds like the place.

On August 29, 1969 I attended a concert here in NYC at the Singer Bowl on the old World's Fair grounds across from Shea Stadium. The band I went to see came on after Larry Coryell played (I think. It could've been Buddy Guy). This band said they'd just flown in from London finishing up their 2nd album, which hadn't been released yet. They said it would be their pleasure to perform the songs from that album. This is the song they opened with.

During their version of "Moby Dick" Bonham was so drunk he fell unconscious off of his stool. Plant came to the mic and said, "Is there a doctor in the house"?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom