OT: - OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James?

Reaction Score
Used to hate the guy then grew to appreciate the guy then like the guy even root for the guy now he’s on the Lakers so that guy!
Should say that guy! Lolol

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
To your point, I don't find any of the current state of basketball exciting to watch. I think it's one of many sports that advanced metrics are killing. Baseball with the shifts and removal of bunts, hit and runs and stolen bases. Basketball with it's drive and kick and 3 pointers and no room for big men anymore. Football and boxing can't hide the CTE factor.

The NBA has certainly evolved but I can live without watching jump hooks from oafy big guys. There’s plenty of room for athletic bigs who can play team D.

There are just so many athletes on the floor. Watching a Bucks-Mavs game is fun as hell.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
When JR made the mistake where he thought they were up by one and held the ball when it was actually tied, LeBron's reaction made me lose respect for him. He was hanging his head like a child when it should have been his job to rally he troops and get the job done in ot. This I believe was what lost that game for them.

Reaction Score
When JR made the mistake where he thought they were up by one and held the ball when it was actually tied, LeBron's reaction made me lose respect for him. He was hanging his head like a child when it should have been his job to rally he troops and get the job done in ot. This I believe was what lost that game for them.
It’s also your job to know the friggin score. It’s literally EVERYWHERE around the players.

Reaction Score
When else? Genuinely asking because I can’t think of many times at all. For the amount he’s in the public eye he is extremely controversy free.
Screenshot_20200309-210053_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
I've seen a lot of NBA greats, but no basketball player including the Greatest (MJ) played at his high level at his age. I'm not sure we will see another like him for a generation or two, so marvel while you can. I would love to see him in person, but I am not that much of a fan, but whenever I peek at his games its just amazing what he's doing to kids nearly young enough to be his kid. He's 35 years old.

Lastly he has played since 2003 (17 years), no off court negatives including infidelities, drugs or other bad news. He's not arrogant and seems approachable. He could write a book on healthy eating and exercise, because his body, agility and athleticism is practically the same.

If your're going to be called the King, and own it then you better play like its true.

That's it, just wanted that out there because there are a lot of young cats gunning for him and coming at him, but he's beating them all (at 35 years old!). He'll be gone soon.
100% agree

He's also the most hyped kid in my life. We knew he'd be the first pick in the NBA draft when he was a junior in high school. He lived up to the hype and then some.

Lebron had all the reasons to be a major jerk, yet he's never really been one. He also seems to be a solid dad.

Some have posted about his complaing to refs and some other stuff like that. I find those complaints to be fine, but moderately petty.

Reaction Score
I'm a little late to the party, but I'm not sure if the OP is intentionally being antagonistic or if he just doesn't follow the news and social media. He's made several political statements which automatically alienates him from 50 % of the US population. MJ took the opposite stand when he said Republicans and Democrats buy sneakers. In contrast, LeBron wore an "I can't breathe" shirt. He's also said he wouldn't go to The White House. Do you really think Michael would have done that or said that? It's not about whether it's right or wrong; it's about mass appeal. Michael wanted to appeal to the masses. Again, I don't think I'm telling anyone here anything that they haven't already heard which is what makes this thread so strange. If you love LeBron, keep loving him; however, don't act so surprised that anyone could possibly not be a fan.

Reaction Score
actually, it's less exciting, but don't take my word for. ask America.
Read your own links please

“The 2015 NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers was the highest rated NBA Final series on ABC averaging an 11.6 rating / 21 share and 19.94 million viewers. The 2017 NBA Finals featuring the same two teams was the most watched NBA Final series on ABC averaging an 11.3 rating / 22 share and 20.38 million viewers. Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals registered the network's highest rated and most watched NBA game with an average 15.8 rating / 29 share and 31.02 million viewers.[1] It was the first basketballgame to draw more than 30 million average viewers in 18 years, and only the seventh sports telecast (excluding NFL and Olympics) to have done so since 1998.[2]

Reaction Score
Forget about Lebron for a second. When's the last time you actually watched an NBA game?

I tried watching a Pelicans game last year. The only reason I watched was due to some fanball lineups I put in. I watched about half the game. Absolutely no defense, it was a seesaw battle, up and down scoring with terrible shooting percentages on wide open uncontested shots. Boring

Reaction Score
MJ took the opposite stand when he said Republicans and Democrats buy sneakers. In contrast, LeBron wore an "I can't breathe" shirt. He's also said he wouldn't go to The White House. Do you really think Michael would have done that or said that?

I think reasonable people can disagree as to whether or not it’s a good thing that Michael Jordan would never in a million years have expressed an opinion about anything while he was playing.

Reaction Score
I tried watching a Pelicans game last year. The only reason I watched was due to some fanball lineups I put in. I watched about half the game. Absolutely no defense, it was a seesaw battle, up and down scoring with terrible shooting percentages on wide open uncontested shots. Boring

They play far better defense in the NBA than they do in college. The players are just exponentially better. College basketball is, by and large, dreck. But I don’t think you’re coming to your conclusion by consuming a lot of NBA basketball based on what you described. (Again, NBA players shoot the eyes out of the ball relative to college players.)

Reaction Score
They play far better defense in the NBA than they do in college. The players are just exponentially better. College basketball is, by and large, dreck. But I don’t think you’re coming to your conclusion by consuming a lot of NBA basketball based on what you described. (Again, NBA players shoot the eyes out of the ball relative to college players.)

You might be right about not watching enough NBA. That might be because my teams suck, the knicks and hawks.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Read your own links please

“The 2015 NBA Finals between the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers was the highest rated NBA Final series on ABC averaging an 11.6 rating / 21 share and 19.94 million viewers. The 2017 NBA Finals featuring the same two teams was the most watched NBA Final series on ABC averaging an 11.3 rating / 22 share and 20.38 million viewers. Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals registered the network's highest rated and most watched NBA game with an average 15.8 rating / 29 share and 31.02 million viewers.[1] It was the first basketballgame to draw more than 30 million average viewers in 18 years, and only the seventh sports telecast (excluding NFL and Olympics) to have done so since 1998.[2]
ur not well. 'on abc' 'nuff said.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
He has something to say about everything and honestly if its not basketball related, I don't care about what he has to say.

Reaction Score
I think reasonable people can disagree as to whether or not it’s a good thing that Michael Jordan would never in a million years have expressed an opinion about anything while he was playing.

You missed my point entirely. I agree with you. The point has nothing to do with whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. The topic at hand is in regard to likeability. One who expresses his opinions is more likely to have a segment of people not like him than someone who does not express his opinion.

Reaction Score
ur not well. 'on abc' 'nuff said.
Is that seriously supposed to be some retort? Good god 2 of the last 5 Finals averaged 20 million viewers. Game 7 of 2016 had 30 million, the most watched game ever, irrespective of network; 7th televised sporting event except NFL and the Olympics to reach that viewership.

And I'm the one who is "not well" LMAOOOO

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Is that seriously supposed to be some retort? Good god 2 of the last 5 Finals averaged 20 million viewers. Game 7 of 2016 had 30 million, the most watched game ever, irrespective of network; 7th televised sporting event except NFL and the Olympics to reach that viewership.

And I'm the one who is "not well" LMAOOOO
'The highest rated and most watched NBA Final game was Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals which averaged a 22.3 rating / 38 share and 35.89 million viewers on Sunday night.'
here, have a cookie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom