OT: - OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James? | The Boneyard

OT: OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James?

Reaction Score
I've seen a lot of NBA greats, but no basketball player including the Greatest (MJ) played at his high level at his age. I'm not sure we will see another like him for a generation or two, so marvel while you can. I would love to see him in person, but I am not that much of a fan, but whenever I peek at his games its just amazing what he's doing to kids nearly young enough to be his kid. He's 35 years old.

Lastly he has played since 2003 (17 years), no off court negatives including infidelities, drugs or other bad news. He's not arrogant and seems approachable. He could write a book on healthy eating and exercise, because his body, agility and athleticism is practically the same.

If your're going to be called the King, and own it then you better play like its true.

That's it, just wanted that out there because there are a lot of young cats gunning for him and coming at him, but he's beating them all (at 35 years old!). He'll be gone soon.

Reaction Score
I don’t really enjoy watching him play at times. He complains constantly to the refs to the point where it gets annoying to watch. And socially, he’s a little out there. His behavior courtside at his son’s AAU games is just flat-out bizarre. The guy claims that naming his son after him was ‘the biggest mistake he’s ever made’ because he doesn’t want his son to live in his shadow, but then he runs out to the three-point line in celebration in the middle of the game when his son makes a big play. That’s a weird move. But I cut him slack because he essentially grew up as a childhood superstar (cover of SI when he was a kid) and I think it's hard to be entirely normal when that happens.

Bottom line, it’s tough to genuinely dislike the guy because he is a good role model for young players when it comes to managing money or handling business off the court.

Reaction Score
I agree. My best bet is his confidence, some people might see it as arrogance. He also can come across as a drama queen on the court. But I love LeBron. Love his game, seems like a great overall guy, and carries himself very well.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've seen a lot of NBA greats, but no basketball player including the Greatest (MJ) played at his high level at his age. I'm not sure we will see another like him for a generation or two, so marvel while you can. I would love to see him in person, but I am not that much of a fan, but whenever I peek at his games its just amazing what he's doing to kids nearly young enough to be his kid. He's 35 years old.

Lastly he has played since 2003 (17 years), no off court negatives including infidelities, drugs or other bad news. He's not arrogant and seems approachable. He could write a book on healthy eating and exercise, because his body, agility and athleticism is practically the same.

If your're going to be called the King, and own it then you better play like its true.

That's it, just wanted that out there because there are a lot of young cats gunning for him and coming at him, but he's beating them all (at 35 years old!). He'll be gone soon.

Because he's the poster child for modern 'look at me' / 'it's all about me' society. 'The Decision' was the most LeBron thing ever. LeBron out here tryna patent 'Taco Tuesday' like he invented that . I mean that's just hilarious

He's not a bad person. By all accounts a good one, good dad, etc. Just insufferable.

Unreal player on the court. Flops too much tho. A bit of a bitch there.

I don't think he's a great leader. He pouts, gets coaches fired, and sits off by himself away from the huddle when he's all pissy. Can't respect that.

Reaction Score
How long does pat bev have the ball each game? They give you an assist for sneezing on the ball. They take 200 shots so if you are on floor for 35 minutes you should get 20 rebounds by accident. In addition no one plays defense. Every game is all star game now. NBA is dying. No ratings bc no one cares.

Reaction Score
Unreal player on the court. Flops too much tho. A bit of a bitch there.
now this, calling a professional athlete a bitch over trying to work referees and get calls, is hilarious .

I don't think he's a great leader. He pouts, gets coaches fired, and sits off by himself away from the huddle when he's all pissy. Can't respect that.
Lmao yeah he’s the first all-time great who doesn’t have outbursts, gets coaches fired, etc... he sat out of the huddle that one time. You think his team mates appreciate the custom suits he gets them?

You a true hater. You should know one; you see the same directed at Brady all the time. Why people spend mental energy gathering up reasons in their head to dislike an athlete is hilarious .

Reaction Score
He's an insufferable drama queen who can't hit his free throws and flops like a hooked mackerel ... besides that he's quite the talent and a good dad. Does that sum it up?
Thanks Skip

Reaction Score
I've hated on Lebron for a long time. Other players have come and gone and while I still don't like Lebron, he's earned my indifference. He ranks last in terms of "likeability" to me when it comes to the all-time greats. There's a reason his shoes aren't as sought after as they should be for a guy who compares to Michael in terms of monetary and marketing success the past twenty years.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score

Agreed

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
now this, calling a professional athlete a bitch over trying to work referees and get calls, is hilarious .

You've probably called brady a bitch for this 100 times. And come on, you've always been a LeBron jock sniffer. MJ >>>>>>> LeBron. By miles and miles. :)

And I actually don't like the flopping for other reasons (Harden like that too), cause it makes boring for me. And there's already so little contact in basketball as it is.

Lmao yeah he’s the first all-time great who doesn’t have outbursts, gets coaches fired, etc... he sat out of the huddle that one time. You think his team mates appreciate the custom suits he gets them?

He spent some money on them. Great I guess? It's the equivalent of us buying a stick of gum for a coworker, but alright.

Plenty of dudes reportedly didn't want to play with Bron. It's not like it's a secret in NBA circles. Half his contemporaries clown on him.

You a true hater. You should know one; you see the same directed at Brady all the time.

I'm sorry, I dislike insufferable people. Just the way it is. It's more his off the court tone deafness. You don't think The Decision was one of the most ridiculous things ever in sports? I mean it was so preposterous as to be laugh out loud funny. And nothing could be more LeBron than The Decision.

I get it, he's had his balls washed since he was in 7th grade, so he probably legit thinks he's a god. At least he is a benevolent human being, so he doesn't do actually bad things.

Why people spend mental energy gathering up reasons in their head to dislike an athlete is hilarious .

I think you are way overestimating the amount of energy and thought I put into this. I like to clown and laugh at Bron for how ridiculous he can be. That's it.

I like watching the guy play though.

Reaction Score
Amazing player but whenever he opens his mouth he tends to look incredibly stupid like with the Daryl Morey thing.
That’s like, one of the very, very rare times he’s looked dumb. He’s as good of a speaker/role model for kids of any age.

Also, not that you said it but others here have, he complains too much? If you say that you must not watch the NBA. Every single players complains too much. And he also doesn’t get as many calls as other stars because of how incredibly big and strong and fast he is. I think it was 538 (could definitely be wrong) who posted an article a few years ago showing statistically he gets over by refs way more than you would expect.

Reaction Score
1) He has always been out for himself at the expense of franchises, cities, coaches and teammates...yet likes to portray himself as the best teammate ever.

2) He's not clutch. I realize that's an immeasurable item, but you compared him to Jordan and that's an area of differentiation between the two.

3) He's terribly insecure and constantly forcing himself into highlights, spotlight and national issues. It's cringeworthy to watch at times.

That said, credit to his durability, his overall skill set (he can shoot, pass, drive, back to the basket....he pretty much does anything he wants on a court). And credit to him staying out of trouble. We shouldn't have to reward guys for being good people, but unfortunately we do.

Reaction Score
You've probably called brady a bitch for this 100 times. And come on, you've always been a LeBron jock sniffer. MJ >>>>>>> LeBron. By miles and miles. :)
Nope, I don't need to praise him or anything; and I've never called Brady a bitch about anything. It's just hilarious when people bend over backwards to hate the guy. Doesn't bode well for you that this is your first line of response to me but let's see how the rest of this goes

And I actually don't like the flopping for other reasons (Harden like that too), cause it makes # 2 boring for me. And there's already so little contact in basketball as it is.
Like Brady throwing his hands up a the refs any time anyone grazes his helmet? LMAO

He spent some money on them. Great I guess? It's the equivalent of us buying a stick of gum for a coworker, but alright.
Minimizing the gesture (which is the important thing) is pretty sad on your part. These aren't $500 suits we're talking. And he's buying at least 10.

Plenty of dudes reportedly didn't want to play with Bron. It's not like it's a secret in NBA circles. Half his contemporaries clown on him.
Plenty of guys don't want to play with plenty of guys. Some don't want to play with him because, given the player and person he is, he is given all the attention. DWade wanted to play with him... AD clearly loves playing with him... Kevin Love wanted to play with him... And what contemporaries "clown on him?"

I'm sorry, I dislike insufferable people. Just the way it is. It's more his off the court tone deafness. You don't think The Decision was one of the most ridiculous things ever in sports? I mean it was so preposterous as to be laugh out loud funny. And nothing could be more LeBron than The Decision.

I get it, he's had his balls washed since he was in 7th grade, so he probably legit thinks he's a god. At least he is a benevolent human being, so he doesn't do actually bad things.
"Insufferable" lmao you drama queen. Get over it; dude has an ego. All these guys have egos. It's called being the greatest in the world at a sport for 15 years.

I think you are way overestimating the amount of energy and thought I put into this.
I guess I did; you clearly didn't think too hard about what you've posted ITT lol

Reaction Score
Will never compare the eras the same. Super Team era makes it all less impressive to me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom