OT: - OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James?

Reaction Score
Actually this wasn't part of his original quote but here you are:

Let me clear up the confusion. I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk About that.

— LeBron James (@KingJames) October 15, 2019
Watch "LeBron addresses Daryl Morey’s tweet and Lakers’ trip to China | NBA on ESPN" on YouTube

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I just don't agree. I don't see Ewing or Olajuwon shooting 3's regularly. I don't think Zion would be a dominant back to the basket player and is dominating now in part because of much smaller, perimeter oriented frontcourts.

Does Giannis play the same game against a frontline of Mahorn, Rodman and Laimbeer?

Anybody can shoot 3s now. Even if not at a high percentage, enough to make the D come out on you. Every kid practices them now.

Giannis probably gets clotheslined by those guys. But I think he's going to be effective.

I think Zion would be dominant doing whatever he feels like doing, just like if LeBron had wanted to be the best back-to-the-basket guy in history, he would have been. Barkley dominated at 6'4". Zion has better proportions and better athleticism.

To me, the Bad Boys/Riley Knicks brand of basketball was not in the slightest bit fun to watch. Those Knicks/Heats series were competitive but just horrendous. If I want to watch an 83-74 game I'll watch the ACC.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
To me, the Bad Boys/Riley Knicks brand of basketball was not in the slightest bit fun to watch. Those Knicks/Heats series were competitive but just horrendous. If I want to watch an 83-74 game I'll watch the ACC.

If you want to pick the worst brand of those eras of teams, you'll find some ugly ball. But I'd submit that some of the best basketball every played was Celtics vs Lakers in the 80s.

Jordan Bulls were never not exciting to watch either

Reaction Score
Time to close this ridiculous thread!

1583872163556.png

Reaction Score
Actually this wasn't part of his original quote but here you are:

Let me clear up the confusion. I do not believe there was any consideration for the consequences and ramifications of the tweet. I’m not discussing the substance. Others can talk About that.

— LeBron James (@KingJames) October 15, 2019
Oh, ok then. You’re excused.

Reaction Score
Didn't he say he has a platform to fight social injustices but when it comes to something that would affect his bank account he backs down lol.

Reaction Score
Yea, that's kind of it, except he didn't "back down" he just avoided it, which was the right move. If you want to blame somebody or something blame the NBA. I just hope you've been boycotting it for 20+years or so now.

Reaction Score
Just imagine if there was a person universally loved by everyone in the entire world...

...besides Kemba of course

Reaction Score
Yea, that's kind of it, except he didn't "back down" he just avoided it, which was the right move. If you want to blame somebody or something blame the NBA. I just hope you've been boycotting it for 20+years or so now.
Why do you keep pretending he avoided it? He called Morey out for being uneducated on China and then claimed Morey was only thinking of himself which is the exact opposite of what Morey was doing. Lebron stuck up for millionaire athletes having the right to take a knee but went in on Morey when he sent a tweet sticking up for the civil rights of people who have been systematically abused by the Chinese gov't.

Reaction Score
The timing on this thread is perfect, right before Lebron says another dumb thing he has to walk back later.

Reaction Score
The timing on this thread is perfect, right before Lebron says another dumb thing he has to walk back later.
The not playing without fans wasn’t dumb. It was an exaggeration for sure, but I guarantee most of the players don’t wanna play in an empty arena. The China fiasco was very dumb on his part, but saying this was dumb is kinda reaching.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom