OT: - OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: OT: How can anyone dislike Lebron James?

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
That’s like, one of the very, very rare times he’s looked dumb. He’s as good of a speaker/role model for kids of any age.

Also, not that you said it but others here have, he complains too much? If you say that you must not watch the NBA. Every single players complains too much. And he also doesn’t get as many calls as other stars because of how incredibly big and strong and fast he is. I think it was 538 (could definitely be wrong) who posted an article a few years ago showing statistically he gets over by refs way more than you would expect.
Cardiac, take the "like" out of your first sentence and we're good, otherwise my ears hear a valley girl and I shut out the noise. Not only is he a good speaker he is one of the smartest business men of his time and he has been that since high school.

Reaction Score
Cardiac, take the "like" out of your first sentence and we're good, otherwise my ears hear a valley girl and I shut out the noise. Not only is he a good speaker he is one of the smartest business men of his time and he has been that since high school.
Fair enough! I didn’t want it to seem as if I was too impartial

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Also, not that you said it but others here have, he complains too much? If you say that you must not watch the NBA. Every single players complains too much. And he also doesn’t get as many calls as other stars because of how incredibly big and strong and fast he is. I think it was 538 (could definitely be wrong) who posted an article a few years ago showing statistically he gets over by refs way more than you would expect.

I don't give a crap about whining complaining in any sport. That's just politicking. And the best players get results with that.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I agree. My best bet is his confidence, some people might see it as arrogance. He also can come across as a drama queen on the court. But I love LeBron. Love his game, seems like a great overall guy, and carries himself very well.
The guy is one of the greatest players of all time - one of.
He is arrogant because he feels that his word, his thoughts, his opinion is the one that everyone in the game should take as gospel. That is not confidence that is arrogance.
He dives in and out of political talk and when doing so makes himself sound like a complete closed minded uneducated talking head.
When the league was just thinking out loud about not opening some of the games to crowds over tho corona flu he said he wouldn't play in front of no crowds - fine - sit out and let some G League guys who want to play do so.
He is not bigger than the game even though he thinks so.
Every call that goes against the team he always has his nose into it, always barking at the refs - I could not imagine being the coach because these guys are nearly forced to take a back seat to LeBron. Imagine JC, Bobby Knight or Gene Keady putting up with that?
Again, he is a fantastic player and I enjoy his play which at times is amazing. I don't hate the guy, and he isn't my favorite athlete, but I find him to be hugely arrogant. Just my opinion

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
why? because. he's got style, lot's of that, though I never really saw it transmit thru to the schools when he was something. he's got skill-one of the best ever. but he's got no class.

Reaction Score

The NBA is turrable. I grew up watching Bird, Jordan, Malone, Olajuwan, Barkley, Ewing, Wilkins, and so many more talented athletes that played the game the right way. Today's game is unwatchable.

College basketball is a lot more entertaining. When I hear people comparing Lebron to Jordan I cringe

Reaction Score
That’s like, one of the very, very rare times he’s looked dumb. He’s as good of a speaker/role model for kids of any age.

Oh I think he looks dumb often when not talking about playing basketball. For a guy who is fairly uneducated, he tends to call others uneducated a lot. I agree he's a good role model for young athletes, he just comes across as a bit of a dullard to me.

Reaction Score
The NBA is turrable. I grew up watching Bird, Jordan, Malone, Olajuwan, Barkley, Ewing, Wilkins, and so many more talented athletes that played the game the right way. Today's game is unwatchable.

College basketball is a lot more entertaining. When I hear people comparing Lebron to Jordan I cringe

Forget about Lebron for a second. When's the last time you actually watched an NBA game?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I disliked him until he went back to Cleveland, put the Cavs on his back and gave his hometown a title.

And then I started disliking him again when he signed with the Lakers.

Reaction Score
The easy one is Lebron bowing to China so Space Jam 2 gets released there and he makes more money. I guess he does not care about his fans there. Would have gone a long way if he Muhammad Ali'd that one but that type of standing for a cause is dead.

Reaction Score
Oh I think he looks dumb often when not talking about playing basketball. For a guy who is fairly uneducated, he tends to call others uneducated a lot. I agree he's a good role model for young athletes, he just comes across as a bit of a dullard to me.
When else? Genuinely asking because I can’t think of many times at all. For the amount he’s in the public eye he is extremely controversy free.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

#okboomer

Dude, the NBA is exciting as it’s ever been. And I watched all those guys you named, too.

Name a great college basketball team.

Reaction Score

The athletes today put those guys way in the rear view mirror.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He is a great player, who complains all the time about non calls.

He is not MJ but overall talent wise he is right there. Though MJ was more clutch and maybe the most clutch player ever.

Reaction Score
#okboomer

Dude, the NBA is exciting as it’s ever been. And I watched all those guys you named, too.

Name a great college basketball team.

To your point, I don't find any of the current state of basketball exciting to watch. I think it's one of many sports that advanced metrics are killing. Baseball with the shifts and removal of bunts, hit and runs and stolen bases. Basketball with it's drive and kick and 3 pointers and no room for big men anymore. Football and boxing can't hide the CTE factor.

Reaction Score
Used to hate the guy then grew to appreciate the guy then like the guy even root for the guy now he’s on the Lakers so that guy!

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
We shouldn't have to reward guys for being good people, but unfortunately we do.
just want to point out that the Lord's Prayer has the line, "lead me not into temptation..." So the ability to spurn temptation is praiseworthy among most societies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom