OT: Golf Season | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf Season

Reaction Score
try teeoff.com
they have deals at certain times for a lot of courses plus when you sign up they will send you via e-mail a promo code for an extra 10-30 percent off of their deals.
plus no booking fees. I booked 23 rounds last yr. saved a ton of $.

Reaction Score
Using the Golfing Magazine certificate and the GOLF NOW app, I usually pay no more than $20 - $25 for 18 holes and a cart.

However, I am retired and refuse to play on weekends. :)

I'm a member at a course in WesMass but play a lot of golf half way in CT with my buddies too. Prices are ridiculous. Up here our courses are still high 30's to 50 for the most part, but the 60's are prevalent in CT now and there's not too many worthy of that asking price.

Reaction Score
try teeoff.com
they have deals at certain times for a lot of courses plus when you sign up they will send you via e-mail a promo code for an extra 10-30 percent off of their deals.

ezlinks.com
Golf18 or something also.

These used to have more impact though there's less option than before and the course are few and far between, at least in CT/MA

Reaction Score
try teeoff.com
I use Teeoff.com as well. AARP gets you a 15% discount which pays for the tax and convenience fee.

Reaction Score
last oct/nov I got 18 holes/cart 4 players at oxford greens for $12. couldn't believe. called teeoff & it was confirmed. I couldn't play that day but my brother & friends did

Reaction Score
And I thought I was screwed up, this is beautiful we have 2 cent heads. I carry 19,22 and 25 hybrids with my driver because I can't for the life of me hit a fairway wood. 5-LW irons and my trusty mallet.

But I think I'm less whacked than some of you what jobs LOL, love it. That's what golf is all about.
I love my fairway woods. Carry 3,5,7 now, and have the 9&11 to go with them, just not made yet. So much easier to hit than long irons (for me). Don't carry LW, but thinking about switching SW with LW, or something in between.

Reaction Score
Played three times this year so far. TPC Sugarloaf, Atlanta Athletic Club and another small course by the house. I still suck but feel like I'm getting slightly better.
Hope you're sneaking on those courses.

Reaction Score
Played three times this year so far. TPC Sugarloaf, Atlanta Athletic Club and another small course by the house. I still suck but feel like I'm getting slightly better.
Playing TPC in a few weeks, what did you think? Played AAC a couple years ago, to be honest I didn't love it.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Love the Golfing Magazine cert. That thing pays for itself within a round or 2. Been doing that for a few yrs now.

I cant justify spending $400 on a driver for 10 yards. I hit my old callaway bertha (roughly 2005 or 2006) well and about 250-275. $400 for 10 more yards seems crazy.

Reaction Score
Playing TPC in a few weeks, what did you think? Played AAC a couple years ago, to be honest I didn't love it.
TPC was very nice. I just started playing 2 years ago so my barometer for the course difficulty is not that great. AAC was in very good shape aside from the water which was more like a dry lake bed than a pond.

Reaction Score
Love the Golfing Magazine cert. That thing pays for itself within a round or 2. Been doing that for a few yrs now.

I cant justify spending $400 on a driver for 10 yards. I hit my old callaway bertha (roughly 2005 or 2006) well and about 250-275. $400 for 10 more yards seems crazy.

Especially when you're still missing the par putt!

Reaction Score

You still in that league Deep, still hitting that thing around? Eventually we need to go hit and have a few.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Par put? I can't even count how many perfect 275+ yrd drives I hit and end up with a double bogey. But it's less putting than irons for me. I can't hit a green to save my life. Perfect drive-> topped iron shot that rolls 20 yards to the fringe -> Iron shot goes left or right into a trap -> lousy sand shot -> putt -> putt

Maybe I should take lessons again. It has been 35 years since my last one.

Reaction Score
Par put? I can't even count how many perfect 275+ yrd drives I hit and end up with a double bogey. But it's less putting than irons for me. I can't hit a green to save my life. Perfect drive-> topped iron shot that rolls 20 yards to the fringe -> Iron shot goes left or right into a trap -> lousy sand shot -> putt -> putt

Let's combine our games Hawk. If I'm hitting 275 yd drives in the fairway I'm all set, no doubt around par to 76 all the time. I do have those rounds but it's only when I am hitting fairways and not showing my vast array of low cuts and draws from around trees and bushes off the beaten path after an erratic tee shot.:eek:

Lessons? Took 1 about 8 years ago came away all screwed up trying to take the club back in a way I wasn't comfortable with. Took a couple of things from the guy, really good teacher mind you, but for the most part I'm happy being the ex-baseball player turned golfer who can shoot from 70-85 on any given day. That's what makes it fun and frustrating - which swing is showing up? LOL

Reaction Score

If I had a 275+ perfect drive every time, I'd be on the tour, with the kids.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If I had a 275+ perfect drive every time, I'd be on the tour, with the kids.

I didn't say every time. I certainly miss-hit often enough. I'm simply saying that more often than not, I waste them. Reaching 5's in 2 (or being just off the fringe) is my most common form of birdie.

When I play a best ball scramble, they use several of my drives and putts, and little else.

Reaction Score
I didn't say every time. I certainly miss-hit often enough. I'm simply saying that more often than not, I waste them. Reaching 5's in 2 (or being just off the fringe) is my most common form of birdie.

When I play a best ball scramble, they use several of my drives and putts, and little else.
How do you practice? My last teacher wouldn't let me hit anything but 7-iron. It worked.

Reaction Score
I'm playing Oak Hill in Rochester, site of the PGA in 2013, with a customer. I saw it on TV and need to have my A game that day - problem is I'm already thinking about it and it's over a month away.:eek:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom