OT: Giants | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
A guy off the street was a clear upgrade to Flowers, he was the worst tackle in football.
Flowers attitude was awful...but Wheeler is literally graded as 2nd worst Tackle in the NFL. Flowers is a better player. Omameh was also a train wreck. Jamon Brown has made a huge difference.

To the earlier point...were they giving 100% effort every play? No. Does that mean their goal wasnt to win? No. Shurmur wants to keep his job. Hes not trying to lose believe me.

Reaction Score
he's not eligible. 2020
Another reason I think Herbert ultimately leaves this year. He's at least QB3 behind Tua and Fromm if he goes back

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I think this coaching staff and GM are awful. Run a whole training camp, somehow you evaluate Flowers to be a starter, 5 weeks later you are releasing him outright. Sign a washed up Jonathan Stewart for $6 million, trade a solid center in Brett Jones, decide Eli Apple is a starter then needs to go a few games later, let a solid backup like Andrew Adams go in favor of defensive backs who can't tackle, make Landon Collins less impactful by covering tight ends rather than using his instincts as free safety, letting Snacks Harrison go, throwing to Barkley on little flat footed routs behind the line of scrimmage rather than with momentum towards the line of scrimmage, the linebackers are all slow to react, don't resign Rogers-Cromartie, … (I did think Solder and Hernandez would help the offensive line). The fact that they turned over the whole line and are getting measurably worse pass protection is truly a reflection of bad coaching. How they have collected so many no-name lousy players in just 10 weeks must be some type of record on how to take a team with potential and blow it up.

Yeah but besides all that

As to the last sentence, see Raiders, Oakland

Reaction Score
Any of the unhappy we got Barkley fans thinking otherwise as this year continues? I dont ask so as to eliminate the QB situation but he’s really good and they would’ve lost just the same with Darnold maybe they still find a QB. But tough to think they didn’t do well getting this kid he’s so special.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Any of the unhappy we got Barkley fans thinking otherwise as this year continues? I dont ask so as to eliminate the QB situation but he’s really good and they would’ve lost just the same with Darnold maybe they still find a QB. But tough to think they didn’t do well getting this kid he’s so special.
We better get Herbert

Reaction Score
I'm going to enjoy Barkley every second he's on the team. But no, I still hate the pick.

Side note, time to see what Lauletta has

Reaction Score
The quarterbacks have turned out to be pretty bad thus far. I’m willing to take the chance on Teddy/Justin Herbert/other if it meant taking a once in a generation prospect.
If we get Herbert that's a different story, but they're making sure that doesn't happen with all these wins. But no, these rookie QBs are not all bad, the fact you're willing to make that call before their rookie season is even over is crazy.

Reaction Score
None of the teams drafting before nyg need a qb except maybe Oakland. Gmen will get their franchise qb next draft. In hindsight the Barkley draft was great

Reaction Score
None of the teams drafting before nyg need a qb except maybe Oakland. Gmen will get their franchise qb next draft. In hindsight the Barkley draft was great
Oakland and Jacksonville are both ahead of the Giants and need a QB. And it's really only Herbert, unless you believe in Dwayne Haskins who I'd want no part of in the top 10

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The quarterbacks have turned out to be pretty bad thus far. I’m willing to take the chance on Teddy/Justin Herbert/other if it meant taking a once in a generation prospect.

He'll be tough to resign. At any kind of reasonable money.

Reaction Score
If we get Herbert that's a different story, but they're making sure that doesn't happen with all these wins. But no, these rookie QBs are not all bad, the fact you're willing to make that call before their rookie season is even over is crazy.
Notice I said thus far. The fact that Saquon is running rampid behind this makeshift O-Line speaks to his talent, imagine behind a top-10 line.

Reaction Score
Notice I said thus far. The fact that Saquon is running rampid behind this makeshift O-Line speaks to his talent, imagine behind a top-10 line.
No knock on Saquon, he's great. I just would have preferred any of the QBs and Chubb/Kerryon/Freeman round 2. Especially given the state of QBs in this upcoming class. If last year's QBs are bad, this year's QBs are 5 steps below

Reaction Score
No knock on Saquon, he's great. I just would have preferred any of the QBs and Chubb/Kerryon/Freeman round 2. Especially given the state of QBs in this upcoming class. If last year's QBs are bad, this year's QBs are 5 steps below

Imagine being 5-8 or potentially much worst with a rookie QB who had no time to throw and no RB earlier on to help him? Imagine if Barkley was on a 6-6 team and running for even more and catching for more with another team wondering why we didn't take him? That's what potentially would be happening right now and I'm very happy we took this kid and none of the QBs not worth it. They did good from what I see but I get your thinking it's solid.

Reaction Score
Imagine being 5-8 or potentially much worst with a rookie QB who had no time to throw and no RB earlier on to help him? Imagine if Barkley was on a 6-6 team and running for even more and catching for more with another team wondering why we didn't take him? That's what potentially would be happening right now and I'm very happy we took this kid and none of the QBs not worth it. They did good from what I see but I get your thinking it's solid.
I would feel significantly better about the Giants future right now if this season had played out exactly the same and we were 5-8 with Sam Darnold.

I get the Giants logic in trying to emulate the Rams with taking Gurley before Goff, and it's been very successful for them. I'm just not convinced Gettleman is going to be able to get that next franchise QB. Hope I'm dead wrong on that though

Reaction Score
The point is, the giants weren’t convinced of any of the qbs being that good. They all had their question marks and still do. If Sam darnold never wins a super bowl, or even makes an afc championship game would that make him still a better pick Barkley?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All indications, barring injury, Barkley is a very rare running back - like EE on the Cowboys
As with any unique player, these guys don't grow on trees
QBs can be had via draft or trade - I would much rather go the trade route and get someone with some experience.
The only QB in college that excites me is the Ohio State kid - he was my pick for Heisman. The kid is a brute and to me more valuable than Tua who is looking to be injury prone. Murray might just take the millions that the major league baseball is sure to give him
I would have been pissed if the GMenn took Darnold over Barkley

Reaction Score
All indications, barring injury, Barkley is a very rare running back - like EE on the Cowboys
As with any unique player, these guys don't grow on trees
QBs can be had via draft or trade - I would much rather go the trade route and get someone with some experience.
The only QB in college that excites me is the Ohio State kid - he was my pick for Heisman. The kid is a brute and to me more valuable than Tua who is looking to be injury prone. Murray might just take the millions that the major league baseball is sure to give him
I would have been pissed if the GMenn took Darnold over Barkley
Trees is correct. If we actually completed the Eli Apple trade correctly we would have had our next franchise qb with bridgewater.

Reaction Score
Trees is correct. If we actually completed the Eli Apple trade correctly we would have had our next franchise qb with bridgewater.
Bridgeater is a FA after the season. If u trade for him he could walk anyway since u won’t franchise him. If u want him then sign him this offseason

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom