OT: Giants | The Boneyard

OT: Giants

Reaction Score
End this embarrassment. Fire McAdoo. Fire Reese. How could you do anything else at this point?
They should let them stay for the season. At this point, they're better off with a full implosion to get the highest draft pick possible. The Jets may regret these wins when they don't go to the playoffs, and don't get a high pick. Of course, the high draft pick won't mean much if the Giants don't get rid of Reese.

Go Yankees... Go UConn... Football is over.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I have been watching Giants football for ions. The drama of this team is absolutely amazing. I cannot a recall Giants team this bad....ever. Honestly , right at this moment, feels like a season goose egg in the win column is on the horizon. Does anyone recall as many injuries as this team over the past 5 years? Sickening.

Reaction Score
I have been watching Giants football for ions. The drama of this team is absolutely amazing. I cannot a recall Giants team this bad....ever. Honestly , right at this moment, feels like a season goose egg in the win column is on the horizon. Does anyone recall as many injuries as this team over the past 5 years? Sickening.
We've led the league in injuries somewhat often recently

Reaction Score
Giants' head coaching job seems too big for embattled Ben McAdoo
Wins and losses likely won't get McAdoo fired (as long as there is a win). Schematics won't be his ultimate undoing either. Shaky play calling and situational gaffes can be addressed. It's the rest of the job's responsibilities that threaten him. The DRC mess is a microcosm of McAdoo's failings there.

McAdoo made a controversial decision. He looked foolish in refusing to justify the decision during his press conference. The decision seems to be based on a double standard. It also feeds into the growing narrative he has completely lost his team, and that only grew once the locker room opened and players appeared blindsided by what happened and, in the case of safety Landon Collins, supportive of their teammate.

McAdoo could have spun this as taking control of his woebegone team if he had any idea, or interest, in how to message these things. Instead, he said, "That's all I have to offer at this point," seven different times and ways when asked about the specifics of the situation by reporters.

"Not concerned about perception. Concerned about reality," he said about the optics suggesting he has lost the team. Guess what: Perception becomes reality.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Was ambivalent to the McAdoo move - felt like a change was needed at the time - but hate it now. The guy is a wet noodle and his inflexibility is completely different from what Coughlin's was.

All that said - the more urgent move for the Giants should be removing Reese. His leash is long gone.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Fire McAdoo, obviously he has lost the team.

A couple friends had dinner with OBJ a few weeks ago. He said nobody on the team respected McAdoo.

Everyone tried to get him to throw Eli under the bus and he wouldn't. I guess when you're a 2-time SB MVP you can be as goofy as you want and still have your teammates' respect.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
A couple friends had dinner with OBJ a few weeks ago. He said nobody on the team respected McAdoo.

Everyone tried to get him to throw Eli under the bus and he wouldn't. I guess when you're a 2-time SB MVP you can be as goofy as you want and still have your teammates' respect.
Eli's not the problem right now, the O Line is. And McAdoo, and Reese.

Reaction Score

What kind of circles do you run in? Whether this story is true or not, I do get a chuckle out of it. The idea of one of the most popular athletes in America airing out his grievances to some dudes who clearly didn't hesitate to pass that information along is just so...

If it were anybody besides OBJ, I wouldn't believe it. This guy is a special type of clueless (and a guy I'd love to have on my team, mind you).

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
What kind of circles do you run in? Whether this story is true or not, I do get a chuckle out of it. The idea of one of the most popular athletes in America airing out his grievances to some dudes who clearly didn't hesitate to pass that information along is just so...

If it were anybody besides OBJ, I wouldn't believe it. This guy is a special type of clueless (and a guy I'd love to have on my team, mind you).

100% true.

They're finance bros. OBJ does some business with someone who does business with their companies, and they were both randomly invited to the same dinner. Neither is a Giants fan but they know I am.

I'm a lawyer, operating in a lower stratosphere, and I've gotten numerous invitations to have lunch with OJ Anderson (who I've met) and Stephen Banker (The Touchdown Maker). Companies love parading around athletes on their payroll or with whom they have a financial relationship of some sort.

He wasn't really airing his grievances about the team. Someone asked him about McAdoo and he said something negative. And then they tried to get him to say something negative about Eli and he wouldn't do it.

He did air some other grievances, which my friends relayed to me, but they were of more of a personal nature so I won't be passing those on!

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Eli's not the problem right now, the O Line is. And McAdoo, and Reese.

Anyone who's read my season-long running commentary on the Giants knows I don't disagree with that. I just thought it was interesting that with the Henny flowing and given his comment about McAdoo, he refused to ding Eli.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Anyone who's read my season-long running commentary on the Giants knows I don't disagree with that. I just thought it was interesting that with the Henny flowing and given his comment about McAdoo, he refused to ding Eli.
I agree with you, I think there's a lot of respect for Eli. Playing behind a porous line and getting hit and not missing a game (knock on wood) breeds a lot of respect (the 2 superbowl mvps don't hurt)!

Reaction Score
O line got shuffled too. They look like a different team so far

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
Great. They are going to go 7-9 miss the playoffs and have like the 13th pick.

I literally just sent this text to my friends on a Giants group text. Except I gave them the 14th pick, and included the other terrible fallout result: no changes in staff or front office are made.

It would be the most Giants story of all time.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Nobody had a problem with BM last year, why not give him another season? Or at least the rest of this season to figure some things out?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom