OT: Fred Hoiberg to Nebraska | The Boneyard

OT: Fred Hoiberg to Nebraska

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score

Pretty good hire. Curious to see where UCLA goes (Bennett?)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wow
Loved this guy at ISU
His guys ran through walls for him - always recruited what I wish UConn would get - junkyard dogs
The pros was a bad decision but I understand because of the $
Nebraska is starting to turn the corner baskeballwise and in 2 years will be a good program

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Wow
Loved this guy at ISU
His guys ran through walls for him - always recruited what I wish UConn would get - junkyard dogs
The pros was a bad decision but I understand because of the $
Nebraska is starting to turn the corner baskeballwise and in 2 years will be a good program

Hoiberg seemed allergic to recruiting but did a great job with jucos and transfers.

Reaction Score
He's has been an overrated coach for a while. He's good but too many people hold him in a light that's underserved. I never thought he stood a chance in the NBA. He supposedly hates recruiting and that's why he left for the pros; that probably explains his penchant for jucos and transfers. Even more so, I think he's an average in-game coach and X's and O's guy. I watched a fair bit of ISU, especially in '14 when we beat them in the tourney, and his coaching never stood out to me.

It speaks volumes that he landed at Nebraska of all places but maybe he wanted to stay closer to his home state. A school could do worse but I don't think he's a hire to get all rah-rah over.

Reaction Score
He's has been an overrated coach for a while. He's good but too many people hold him in a light that's underserved. I never thought he stood a chance in the NBA. He supposedly hates recruiting and that's why he left for the pros; that probably explains his penchant for jucos and transfers. Even more so, I think he's an average in-game coach and X's and O's guy. I watched a fair bit of ISU, especially in '14 when we beat them in the tourney, and his coaching never stood out to me.

It speaks volumes that he landed at Nebraska of all places but maybe he wanted to stay closer to his home state. A school could do worse but I don't think he's a hire to get all rah-rah over.

He would instantly be a huge upgrade from any coach in their Nebraska basketball history. Iowa State was not in great shape when he took over. Hoiberg can coach and there is absolutely no one that Nebraska can get that would be anywhere near as good.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He can get a better job than Nebraska, we will see what happens...

Yeah, I don’t get why he’d settle for Nebraska.

He can almost point at the job he wants right now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don’t get why he’d settle for Nebraska.

He can almost point at the job he wants right now.

Isn’t he an Iowa/ Nebraska area guy?

Reaction Score
I’m guessing the Nebraska job would be a lot less stressful than some of the other openings on the horizon. And if he is local Nebraskan, and hates to recruit, it may not be a bad place to be for him.

Reaction Score
We went to Iowa State, so Nebraska is closeish. But he had his dream job and gave it up for the NBA and now can't get it back.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom