OT: Fred Hoiberg to Nebraska | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Fred Hoiberg to Nebraska

Reaction Score
We went to Iowa State, so Nebraska is closeish. But he had his dream job and gave it up for the NBA and now can't get it back.
I don't think Iowa State was ever his dream job.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I don't think Iowa State was ever his dream job.
Guy grew up in Ames, went to High School in Ames, was Mr Basketball Iowa, stayed home to play in Ames at Iowa State (was recruited by many schools) and was voted the most popular athlete at Iowa State. Played pro and came back to coach Iowa State. People wanted him to run for mayor of Ames at one time.
Yeah must have been a job he couldn't wait to leave
I don't think you know who the guy is..............................

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Pretty classy exit from Tim Miles today:

Drew

Reaction Score

Bill Moos is a cold blooded assasin. That’s how you hire a coach.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
man that's a great hire for Nebraska. thought miles did a good enough job for being at a football school that didn't really care about basketball but it just goes to show you what crazy p5 money has done. all these mediocre basketball programs are firing moderately successful coaches.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Example Z of how simply being associated to anything P5 related all of a sudden gives the CBB world’s nobodies instant “pull”.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
hope he likes Corn

Ames is corn country too. That's the are where he had success before as player and coach.

As for people saying there are better jobs. Like what? It's a Big Ten school with a good fan base, lots of money and he knows the area. Where should he go? UCLA, where a house will cost him almost 20X what it would in Lincoln and taxes are much higher? I think he'd be a great fit there.

Reaction Score
Where should he go? UCLA, where a house will cost him almost 20X what it would in Lincoln and taxes are much higher? I think he'd be a great fit there.

Hoiberg played and coached in the NBA. He's not some anonymous dude in middle management. I doubt that real estate prices in Lincoln are playing much of a role in his decision.

It's pretty well known that he hated recruiting. I'm surprised that he's back in college. I presume we'll see rosters stocked with 24 year old transfers and JUCOs.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
Hoiberg played and coached in the NBA. He's not some anonymous dude in middle management. I doubt that real estate prices in Lincoln are playing much of a role in his decision.

It's pretty well known that he hated recruiting. I'm surprised that he's back in college. I presume we'll see rosters stocked with 24 year old transfers and JUCOs.
hes probably gonna try to bring back the dude that got him all those transfers at ISU. pretty sure he's with mullen at St. Johns now.

Reaction Score
hes probably gonna try to bring back the dude that got him all those transfers at ISU. pretty sure he's with mullen at St. Johns now.

Abdelmassih? I totally forgot about that dude.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Literally feel like a family member died today. Tim made it cool to like Nebraska basketball and is the reason I wanted to go into coaching.
He spent too much time changing the culture, not enough time changing the W-L record.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it Dawkins to Vandy is all but a done deal. And Arkansas is targeting Sampson. Not good.

Reaction Score
Rumor has it Dawkins to Vandy is all but a done deal. And Arkansas is targeting Sampson. Not good.
Houston is a different animal. They have Tilman Fertitta, the Houston Rockets owner, and Houston alum, as their main booster. He didn't donate 20 + million for their basketball center to have their coach leave. He will shell out the money to pay Sampson after the season like he did for their new football coach.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Houston is a different animal. They have Tilman Fertitta, the Houston Rockets owner, and Houston alum, as their main booster. He didn't donate 20 + million for their basketball center to have their coach leave. He will shell out the money to pay Sampson after the season like he did for their new football coach.

"New football coach" though. They did have one leave.

We'll see. They'll definitely try to keep him hard.

Drew

Reaction Score
Literally feel like a family member died today. Tim made it cool to like Nebraska basketball and is the reason I wanted to go into coaching.
If you’re gonna steal McKewon’s line at least give him credit ;)

Drew

Reaction Score

And then hired a sitting one from a Big 12 school. They’ll be fine.

UCF loses Dawkins though and I’ll be curious how that works out. Jury is still out on Huepel IMO

Reaction Score

I would think it'll be really easy to keep him hard. That whole Houston area is fertile grounds for tang.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'd hope UCF could keep Dawkins from going to friggin Vandy?

Vandy has had some basketball success in the past. Certainly more than UCF. And they're SEC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom