• No don't trust the government

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Dont need no stinking flu shot, my body will fight it off

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Afraid of needles

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Never bothered until started dating my now wife who's a pharmacist. It's for the greater good, it's free, and all those nut jobs peddling conspiracies are full of it

Suck it up and get your shot

I'll be following yer path if that's ok. Will get one as soon as my better half makes me. ;)

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I have the superhuman immune system of ten men. Never been sick. Ever.

The nine guys you stole the extra immune system power from are probably all dead by now anyway, so no worries!

Reaction Score
Got mine in October at my doctor's urging.
Anyone 65 or older should.

Granted my grandfather is 84, but he was one of those guys who never had it, grew up in crummy Brooklyn during the war, figures he has a good immune system, and his doctor given that actually told him to not bother. Four months later he ends up in the hospital with flu and superimposed pneumonia and was in there for weeks. It’s just not worth not getting it. If he succumbed I would have made it my goal in life to make sure that doctor never touches a patient again. Not everyone makes it through a wake-up call like that.

Although there is genuine concern on creating more and more deadly diseases with a yearly vaccine; it’s why you’ve been hearing “oh man it’s an extra bad season this year” and will be hearing that in the coming years

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If you harvesting or other breathing difficulties, get it.

Reaction Score
It means you are ignorant and he is way too polite to tell you.

Then don't say there isn't a mercury based preservative if there is one. It was a yes or no question i asked. Like it or not that is in fact the reason why many people choose to opt out, in your opinion those people are ignorant , good for you but there is/was validity to the concerns so much so that apparently (if SCOTTBONZ is correct) the preservative levels have been reduced to more acceptable levels.

My opinion on the flu shot is that you should get it only if you are at increased risk of dying from the flu, but only for that reason. For most people the flu is just a few miserable days in bed hardly anything to get hysterical about.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We found the reason those companies stay in business. Keep wasting that cash at the pharmacy. Vitamin C...
Remind me again what company makes oranges, papayas, berries, peppers and kiwis.....I forgot.

Vitamin C indeed...not at all a waste of money. Food, one of the most powerful things on this Earth, it even has vitamin c, wow, who woulda thunk it!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
actually Low vitamin D make you more susceptible to the flu. Take vitamin D supplements.

Reaction Score
actually Low vitamin D make you more susceptible to the flu. Take vitamin D supplements.
I have a very balanced diet, make tons of fruit smoothies and eat lots of fruits and yes, lots of vitamin c, d, etc. Etc. I also enjoy elderberry juice.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You’d probably want a blood test first to see if it’s low, and to determine how much you should be taking if you need to supplement. Too much Vitamin D can cause renal failure.

Reaction Score
You’d probably want a blood test first to see if it’s low, and to determine how much you should be taking if you need to supplement. Too much Vitamin D can cause renal failure.

Thanks. I actually have been diagnosed with low vitamin D, but was not aware that too much could cause renal failure.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thanks. I actually have been diagnosed with low vitamin D, but was not aware that too much could cause renal failure.
Same here. Didn’t learn about the renal failure risk until recently when we got a recall notice for our dog food of all things. It apparently had too much Vitamin D in it for some dogs and caused renal failure; and too much can do the same for humans.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The way I see it, you have two options to build up immunity against getting sick:

1. eat all your boogers;
2. get a flu shot

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I don’t think there is an argument among doctors and research scientists about whether it’s beneficial to get flu shots for the vast majority of people. But hey this is a free country and there are a lot of people who still smoke, don’t listen to their doctors and go their own way. Some of them will be lucky. Flu can kill people and I know that is true.

What is compelling you to say this? Are you a doctor? Are you at all familiar with research on the flu? Or is this just total conjecture

Reaction Score
Never had it. Don’t really trust western medicine all the time. Could be a scam. Don’t @ me.

Reaction Score
Right. You never had a cold. I believe that.

I don’t care whether you believe it or not. Never been sick before. And in 24 years of work, never called in sick once.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom