• No don't trust the government

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Dont need no stinking flu shot, my body will fight it off

Votes: 28 14.8%
  • Afraid of needles

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
As a pharmacist, second UconnPhil above me. It’s really about herd immunity in vulnerable populations. Although the science on that is a little iffy. If you have little ones or are possibly going to expose a vulnerable population then I would say yes. If not and you are young and healthy, then maybe not.

Reaction Score
For most folks, getting a flu shot isn’t about keeping you from getting sick. It’s about keeping at risk populations like babies and the elderly from getting sick
Name change request, uconnpharm2016

Reaction Score
No. Never gotten the flu shot, never gotten the flu (and I work with kids).

Also the shot only protects against a certian strand of the flu that is, well, just an educated guess made prior to the actual flu season happening so you could still get the flu. Overall I trust my immune system by pumping it full of vitamin c and other good foods.

Reaction Score
On Doc Wife's advice, I was jabbed today. Beyond it generally being advantageous to follow her direction, I also help some older folks and she volunteers with kids. So, perhaps we fit Phil's and Scott's appropriate flu shot recipients' category.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Never got one, was told I should get one.
It is essentially free, painless and this year has pretty good coverage. So as long as you are not allergic to eggs which are used in vaccine manufacture you should get it. I ask you would you drive without car insurance?

Reaction Score
It is essentially free, painless and this year has pretty good coverage. So as long as you are not allergic to eggs which are used in vaccine manufacture you should get it. I ask you would you drive without car insurance?

Car insurance?

Reaction Score
I never did until this year. Last year I had the flu for the first time and it wasn't a pleasant experience.
I had the full blown flu for the first time a few years ago, it was legit scary. I could see how people could actually succumb to it. How congested my chest and lungs felt was incomparable to anything I’d ever felt before.

Reaction Score
Yep get the extra strength one every year.
It’s a crap shoot. But even a close strain could save your life.
I had a grandparent who died of the flu at a young age.
Plus unlike people with a head cold who claim they have the flu I ‘ve actually had it and will never forget it. In my 40 year career I maybe missed a couple dozen days of work do to sickness.
I missed one day with a broken ankle and foot.
But I did miss 6 of those days with the flu plus a weekend in between.
During which time I lost 15lbs . I hurt everywhere so bad I prayed to die..
I was racked with fever so I was delious most of the time.
I don’t ever want to experience that again and at my age I probably wouldn’t survive a case like that.
Every year hundreds die from the flu and the strains are ever evolving but that shot just might include the right antedote to a potentially killer strain.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't turn down anything that's free. I'm a cheapskate.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
The real flu is evil -there's a $100 flu test to know if you have it.

$100 bill on the floor next to your bed, you feel so ill you can't reach down to get it, you have the flu.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The real flu is evil -there's a $100 flu test to know if you have it.

$100 bill on the floor next to your bed, you feel so ill you can't reach down to get it, you have the flu.

1544860094028.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom