OT: Favorite Sandwiches (Sammiches) you make at home | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Sandwiches (Sammiches) you make at home

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Grilled cheese w/bacon on wheat or rye. Fry up my bacon on the foreman. Once the bacon is done, then I take a skillet put some margarine let it get a little warm while I put the cheese and bacon on the bread. Put the sandwich in the skillet, let it get a little brown then flip it. Once both sides are a little brown, I remove it from the skillet, and cut it in 4's. Like magic, you have a delicious grilled cheese w/bacon. Very good with a cup of coffee, but since I can no longer drink coffee, hot tea is the next best thing :).

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
While not technically a sandwich or a samich (?) this sloppy dip eaten on a slice of French or Italian bread is really tasty. It takes a bit of patience because you really do need to stir quite a bit for about 40 minutes. Breaking the meat down into small pieces is important. So, not fast food. I had taken this Sloppy Dip to four functions this summer and it was a hit. True test of a hit was the one time I did not bring it, people were disappointed and said so. I came across Chef John's Food Wishes YouTube channel and have tried several of his recipes and liked them all. Big plus, for me, he is entertaining.
Sloppy Dip
Makes 12 portions of Sloppy Dip:
2 pound extra lean ground beef
1 onion, diced
2 diced green bell pepper (1 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons kosher salt, or to taste
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
Cayenne to taste
1 cup ketchup
2 cups chicken broth or water (I use broth)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided

See video

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Favorite morning sandwich is the Open Faced Spicy McTaylor Bagel -- half a toasted bagel with a slathering of home made onion butter, topped with a 2 oz serving of Taylor pork roll, a slice of pepper jack and a fried egg (yolk pierced when the egg is flipped). And only 50% of the carbs of the original Spicy McTaylor Bagel Sammich! Gotta watch those carbs!

Reaction Score
Wow, some very interesting creations mentioned. I'm gonna have to try some of them. But I find it hard to believe that no one has yet mentioned my favorite ...a cupcake sandwich. They are for sure the easiest to make ...and eat.

1540054742346.png

Last edited:

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
Is that one serving?
For Cajuns, it's two servings. For everyone else, it's ten servings.

Ten peppers will cover five 18' baguettes. Cut in half to yield ten servings.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom