OT: Favorite Sandwiches (Sammiches) you make at home | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Favorite Sandwiches (Sammiches) you make at home

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I had no idea that August is national sandwich month.... Minus well bump this thread for 2018 :cool:

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Take left-over roast beef(thinly sliced). Put a little olive oil in a frying pan and throw in the meat. While it is heating up, take a small sharp knife and vigorously chop the meat up into tiny pieces. This takes about 5 minutes.
Turn the meat over one time, then form a circle with it(about 5 inches in diameter).
Put your favorite cheese on top and let it melt.
Scoop up your meat circle, and hard roll. ......Top with mustard, ketchup, or any of your favorite toppings.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
being on the Keto diet... bread is a no-go

Reaction Score
I take a regular hamburger bun, and butter it. Toast it until it starts to brown.
Then take ham or turkey breast ,season with some red and black pepper, add some pepper jack cheese,
and throw it under the broiler. Just when the cheese starts to melt, take it out and put it on the bun.
Add a handful of Chili Cheese fritos, and ranch dressing,.....and enjoy.

Replicant

Nexus 6 Leader
Reaction Score
Lobster grilled cheese on toasted brioche with a brie/yellow cheddar mix for the cheese!

Close second is good old pastrami on rye, with baby swiss and deli-style mustard.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
its going great... just reached my -50lb milestone in 5 month. Its a fun diet
That's terrific! Congratulations.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I love a sizzled bologna (or hard salami) sandwich, too.

But my current favorite is a BALT: bacon, avocado, lettuce, and tomato on toasted hearty bread. The bacon needs to be crisp, the avocado soft enough to be spread on the toast. Mayo on the opposite slice, and plenty of salt and pepper.

That's a BLAT. :)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I make a tuna salad sandwich with olive oil, lemon juice, mayo, dill weed, cinnamon, chopped almonds, blueberries, craisins, red onion, lettuce. Sounds nasty, taste great.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2 slices of focaccia
1 portobello mushroom cap, grilled
Several slices of eggplant, grilled with basil and EVOO
Several slices of tomatoes, grilled with basil and EVOO
Several slices of cheese-choose your weapon
Olive tampenade

Spread the tampenade on the inside surface of the bread slices
Stack the ingredients
Coat the outside surface of the bread with EVOO
Grill that sucker until the cheese is thoroughly sloppy

Enjoy

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
That's a BLAT. :)

I've heard both, heard BALT first and that stuck.

The other night I had pulled pork barbecue with homemade KC sauce, topped with homemade cole slaw. No mayo in the slaw sauce; made with "boiled dressing." The rest of the cabbage will turn into sauerkraut within a week or so. I have to wait till my hands are recovered from the shots I got yesterday to mash up the cabbage. Then it'll be time for hot dogs, grilled sausages, and all that.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Spread garlic butter on two slices of sourdough bread and place butter side down on a hot grill. Go light on the garlic - I've skipped the premade garlic butter at times, and rubbed a garlic clove on the bread before spreading the butter. Just a hint of garlic, and not too much butter is best.

Add a handful of shredded cheese to each slice, then a couple basil leaves on top of the cheese. It'll melt in a minute or two. Personally, I like gooey cheese - Swiss, Havarti, Muenster, and a couple I can't spell.

Drizzle honey (thank you, Oprah) on each slice.

Add a slice of cold beefsteak or brandywine tomoto and put the grilled cheese together.

Enjoy.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Since I was in grade school, my favorite sandwich has always been Boiled Ham and Swiss Cheese on a hard roll, with lettuce, tomato and mayo. It's the best!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Since I was in grade school, my favorite sandwich has always been Boiled Ham and Swiss Cheese on a hard roll, with lettuce, tomato and mayo. It's the best!

That's what I had for lunch for 20 years. Add onions, and spicy mustard, no mayo. Just as I was thinking about changing things up, I got a George Forman grill and brought it to school. Even better grilled.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
On a baguette, either

my eggplant parm with shaved ham, or

homemade double roasted red peppers oven finished with EVOO and thirty cloves of thin-sliced garlic, hot cappicola, good genoa salami, mortadella and provolone, all thin sliced.

It's like eating candy.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
On a baguette, either

my eggplant parm with shaved ham, or

homemade double roasted red peppers oven finished with EVOO and thirty cloves of thin-sliced garlic, hot cappicola, good genoa salami, mortadella and provolone, all thin sliced.

It's like eating candy.

30 cloves of garlic?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

There's a certain beauty in simplicity. I remember the first Thanksgiving I couldn't spend at home, I went to a big ol' farmhouse in Madison County, VA. One thing they had was Smithfield ham biscuits. Just country ham and butter (because there's not enough saturated fat in the ham or biscuits) on a biscuit. I'm sure I had other food, but I don't remember it. I may have put mustard on a few of them, but there was no need.

My garschk, now I think I need to get a Smithfield ham. Or a half ham if I can find one, since neither the wife nor the kid likes them.

LasVegasYank

Never pay retail for anything.
Reaction Score
30 cloves of garlic?

Roasted in the oven for 20 minutes with the peppers and EVOO then mixed and turned and left in for another 20 minutes, the garlic becomes soft and mild. You can leave it off the sandwich if you're a girly girl. :p

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Roasted in the oven for 20 minutes with the peppers and EVOO then mixed and turned and left in for another 20 minutes, the garlic becomes soft and mild. You can leave it off the sandwich if you're a girly girl. :p

Is that one serving?

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Turkey Club sandwich on wheat, no tomato and easy on the mayo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom