OT - ESPN Layoffs | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - ESPN Layoffs

Reaction Score
Congrats to Steve A Smith and Max Kellerman of First Take on their new time slot from 8AM to 7PM!

I am bummed about Russillo and Kanell.
First Take has to be one of my least favorite shows I've ever seen. To each their own, though. It definitely gets views.

Reaction Score
Russillo is literally the only person I like on ESPN. Kanell sucked but I do feel bad for him.

Reaction Score
You have to be kidding, he and Rusillo were awesome and hugely popular with Millenials which is supposedly a coveted demographic

Because of Russilo. Nobody likes a troll.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
You have to be kidding, he and Rusillo were awesome and hugely popular with Millenials which is supposedly a coveted demographic
As a millenial, I can say I was never a fan of Rusillo and Kanell. However, it sucks for them and everybody else that got laid off. It appears ESPN may be in over its head with the NFL, NBA, and CFB Playoff contracts...

Reaction Score
As content providers, there is not a single person at ESPN that I will miss. As people and providers of families, I feel no better or worse than I do for the countless of Americans that go through this on a daily basis. Losing a job sucks for anyone, people at ESPN included. But to make this out to be some sort of sad day for sports journalism is self - indulgent. Its real life and has been happening to Americans for years. It finally caught up to a business model that got away with overcharging people for decades. I don't feel sorry for ESPN one bit. They made this bed, now sleep in it.

Reaction Score
Trent Dilfer was awful and annoying

That is a good one to go

Reaction Score
Sucks to be laid off, but i could do without all of these people. Im more interested in the opinions of this board.

Reaction Score
Was never a fan of Brennan or O'Neal. If it's true Russilo is having his role reduced that's nuts. Was never a huge Danny Kanell fan but I kind of liked him for some reason.

They also got rid of all of their hockey guys.

Reaction Score
Jay Crawford - first reported news of SC Anchor getting hit or is there more out there?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom