OT Durant to Warriors | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Durant to Warriors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And everybody immediately said that if he actually knew that to be true, he wouldn't have shared it.
Who is "everybody", random tweeters? I don't understand the logic, you post something on Twitter so that means its not true?

Reaction Score
My point isn't to rag on Durant. He is an All League Player. My question is does a team that won 73 Games already need another primary scorer? JMO but the physical play of Lebron and Thompson along with Irving stepping his game up was the difference in the series. If the Cavs continued to play into GS's Hands with an up tempo shootout type series they likely lose in 5. When Cleveland got physical GS couldn't hang.
Stop focusing on the wins and answer this question: if you have the chance to go from Harrison Barnes to Kevin Durant, do you do it?

The answer to that question is easy. Add in the fact that KD is a pretty selfless scorer, and this one really isn't a debate.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Kobe is probably the biggest b I t c h to ever step foot in the league.
Not to mention one of the greatest talents.
If Kobe is a B1tch then Lebron is a B1tch supreme

Reaction Score
Stop focusing on the wins and answer this question: if you have the chance to go from Harrison Barnes to Kevin Durant, do you do it?

The answer to that question is easy. Add in the fact that KD is a pretty selfless scorer, and this one really isn't a debate.

In the crazy world of NBA Free Agency where their salaries are nearly identical, absolutely, but I'd rather spend my money elsewhere to improve other areas of the team. I can't get beyond how soft GS looked in games 5-7. I'm not sure Durant fixes that, but maybe they score so many points it doesn't matter?

Reaction Score
In the crazy world of NBA Free Agency where their salaries are nearly identical, absolutely, but I'd rather spend my money elsewhere to improve other areas of the team. I can't get beyond how soft GS looked in games 5-7. I'm not sure Durant fixes that, but maybe they score so many points it doesn't matter?
In games 5-7 Harrison Barnes shot 5-32 while getting the kind of open looks that NBA players would die for, the Cavs basically treated him like Anthony Roberson/Tony Allen and he did worse than they probably would in the same situation. He's now replaced by a top 3 player in the league, its money well spent.

Reaction Score
So, KD is now the 3rd option?

Total joke. He had a chance to create a legacy, he's now a follower. Can't believe he's not smart enough to get this. The reaction is hugely negative.

In games 5-7 Harrison Barnes shot 5-32 while getting the kind of open looks that NBA players would die for, the Cavs basically treated him like Anthony Roberson/Tony Allen and he did worse than they probably would in the same situation. He's now replaced by a top 3 player in the league, its money well spent.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My point isn't to rag on Durant. He is an All League Player. My question is does a team that won 73 Games already need another primary scorer? JMO but the physical play of Lebron and Thompson along with Irving stepping his game up was the difference in the series. If the Cavs continued to play into GS's Hands with an up tempo shootout type series they likely lose in 5. When Cleveland got physical GS couldn't hang.
If you ran a team, any team, regardless of W/L record in the season that just ended. Given the choice of Harrison Barnes @ $24 million a year or Durant @ $27 million a year it isn't even a choice.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He only deserves crap if this team still can't beat lebrons cavs. The warriors are gonna be so entertaining, can't wait to watch these dudes play together.

Reaction Score

This will be my last comment about this as it occurred to me that I honestly don't care about GS, OKC or The NBA in general, but my point was never an either or proposition Durant v. Harrison Barnes. I'm not sure Harrison Barnes' Mother would even choose him straight up versus Durant. My question is could that 27 mil dollars have been better spent on interior defenders/rebounders? I don't have that answer, but ultimately its moot as Durant is headed to The Bay Area.

Reaction Score
Leaving OKC for GSW on the 4th of July is not going to look good for a long time.
Without giving a hoot about the NBA nor Durant, some independence remains part of the 4th of July or any other day. It's Durant's NBA career, life, marketing ability, etc., no one else's, and arguably most adults, even in the US, never heard of Durant, give a hoot, care too much, and have far greater priorities than the guy. Durant may be OK. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Now ESPN is going to have to pretend all of next season that there are teams other than the Cavs and Warriors that can win a championship.

Reaction Score
Can't get over this. Look at the best player of all time - MJ. He couldn't beat the Pistons. So what did he do? He got better and beat them. KD clearly doesn't want to compete. He just wants a ring handed to him. I thought for sure he would return to OKC and I would root for him and Russ to win a ring but guess not.

Reaction Score
The people decrying this just strike me as silly. The Thunder had a shot to be a dynasty, and it wasn't Durant that ruined it, it was their management that traded away James Harden to avoid a luxury tax when the whole world knew the cap was going to rise (not this much, but still). Harden-Durant-Westbrook played only one season where all were at or near their peak, and they made the Finals, and then they busted it all up. I don't blame him for leaving...and then it becomes "Which team does he sign with." Look at that list of 6 teams: we'd probably hammer him for the Spurs (who had 67 freaking wins) or the Clippers (with Paul/Jordan/Griffin). The Heat would be a dumb pick. The Celtics are fine, but is that really an upgrade?

Further, if you're the Warriors, you get Durant not just for the reasons @champs99and04 and @aceboon point out, but as a hedge. Let's be clear, Curry was hurt and never came back as Curry. That stuff happens in the postseason all the time. It's pretty common. But if Curry is injured or playing like he did in some NBA Finals games...now you have Durant. And, frankly, vice-versa.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Who is "everybody", random tweeters? I don't understand the logic, you post something on Twitter so that means its not true?

If your job is betting on basketball, and you have inside info that will affect the championship odds for a bunch of teams, you use that intel, not give it away. That's the logic.

Reaction Score
Durant is not going to do "The Decision". And he's not leaving his hometown (downtrodden) team.

LeBron left a team with no help and no hope of drawing free agents. Durant is leaving a team with a player who may actually be better than him and a great supporting cast. I say a player should do what he feels. In the end, people remember titles. But i would love to have seen him and Russ give it one more shot.

Reaction Score
Are you insane? And under contract for a few years Jordan along with an all star PG for a couple months of Westbrook? Posting as working on year two of a rookie contract for a couple months of Westbrook? Isaiah Thomas isn't making the decisions for the Knicks any longer and Donald Sterling no longer runs the Clippers.

You must have thoguht I meant Michael Jordan. I can see your confusion. I meant DeAndre who is good, but not great. Westbrook is younger than CPIII and CPIII has lingering injury issues. But if you say it is a bad idea, i guess it is.
Psst, you wouldn't do the deal without Russ agreeing to a long term-deal first...and he is from LA. Personally, i would love to chance to build a team around Russ and Blake Griffin (who isn't exactly fond of CPIII anyway).

Reaction Score
Not to mention one of the greatest talents.
If Kobe is a B1tch then Lebron is a B1tch supreme

Funny how KobeMe fans forget that after playing one...ONE season on a bad team he demanded a trade and badmouthed the Lakers entire organization. To the point the deal to trade him to Chicago was finalized and Dr. Buss talked Kobe off the ledge at the literal last moment.

Reaction Score
LeBron left a team with no help and no hope of drawing free agents. Durant is leaving a team with a player who may actually be better than him and a great supporting cast. I say a player should do what he feels. In the end, people remember titles. But i would love to have seen him and Russ give it one more shot.
LeBron left Cleveland to win titles in Miami, knowing that Cleveland would stockpile #1 picks and he would come back. It does seem like several of today's superstar players don't have the stones of some of the past superstars. If you can't get it done just join up with an all-star team, it's all a bit disappointing if you ask me,

Reaction Score
LeBron left Cleveland to win titles in Miami, knowing that Cleveland would stockpile #1 picks and he would come back. It does seem like several of today's superstar players don't have the stones of some of the past superstars. If you can't get it done just join up with an all-star team, it's all a bit disappointing if you ask me,

Most of those past stars were:
A) drafted by really good teams (see Bird, Larry, or Johnson, Magic)
B) played d in destination cities (see Jordan, Michael)
C) Had HOF coaches
D) all the above.

Now compare that to LeBron's situatuion in Cleveland the first time around. I think LeBron just carried his THIRD rookie coach to the finals. The other was future HOFer Mike Brown. He never had a Phil Jackson, Red Auerbach, hell..Doug Collins. And let's not begin to compare rosters. Magic showed up to his first practice with Kareem-f'cking'Abdul Jabar. Bird had Parrish and soon Kevin McHale and Dennis Johnson...who had already lead a team to a title.

Last edited:

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Funny how KobeMe fans forget that after playing one...ONE season on a bad team he demanded a trade and badmouthed the Lakers entire organization. To the point the deal to trade him to Chicago was finalized and Dr. Buss talked Kobe off the ledge at the literal last moment.
Kobe has the most inflated legacy of all the NBA legends, even a rape charge didn't make the guys fans lose a step at the time.

Reaction Score
Most of those past stars were:
A) drafted by really good teams (see Bird, Larry, or Johnson, Magic)
B) played d in destination cities (see Jordan, Michael)
C) Had HOF coaches
D) all the above.

Now compare that to LeBron's situatuion in Cleveland the first time around. I think LeBron just carried his THIRD rookie coach to the finals. The other was future HOFer Mike Brown. He never had a Phil Jackson, Red Auerbach, hell..Doug Collins. And let's not begin to compare rosters. Magic showed up to his first practice with Kareem-f'cking'Abdul Jabar. Bird had Parrish and soon Kevin McHale and Dennis Johnson...who had already lead a team to a title.
The 80's and 90's would have been pretty lame if Jordan decided it was too difficult to beat the Celtics and Pistons and instead joined up with Bird or Isiah. All of Isiah's disappointing losses to the Celtics and Lakers would have made it easier for him to join up with them instead of trying to beat them. I'm glad Jordan and Isiah were so competitive and knew they had to put in more work to get better and eventually they could beat those teams.

Reaction Score
The 80's and 90's would have been pretty lame if Jordan decided it was too difficult to beat the Celtics and Pistons and instead joined up with Bird or Isiah. All of Isiah's disappointing losses to the Celtics and Lakers would have made it easier for him to join up with them instead of trying to beat them. I'm glad Jordan and Isiah were so competitive and knew they had to put in more work to get better and eventually they could beat those teams.

Isiah had Dumars, Lambeer, Rodman, etc. Jordan had a guy named Pippen, Grant, then Rodman...amd a coach named Phil. Under those circumstances LeBron probably never leaves Cleveland. The situations are not remotely comparable.

Reaction Score
Isiah had Dumars, Lambeer, Rodman, etc. Jordan had a guy named Pippen, Grant, then Rodman...amd a coach named Phil. Under those circumstances LeBron probably never leaves Cleveland. The situations are not remotely comparable.
Every team that has ever won a title in any sport has good players. What the fark is your point? Durant didn't think playing with another top 5 player in the league was enough for him to win so he joined up with three other stars. It is was it is but it makes me a little less interested in the NBA.

Reaction Score
I Hate the move, think it looks real bad on KD. But the Warriors are must watch tv now. Makes me more interested in the NBA. NBA can say they don't like these teams but the ratings will be off the charts for a Cavs Warriors finals.

Reaction Score
Guy who broke the Love to Cavs trade is saying that Wade to Cavs is pretty much a done deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom