OT: Death Storm 2018 Watch | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Death Storm 2018 Watch

Reaction Score
I guess I am lucky to be living in northern Europe. I get to drink really good German beer while watching Uconn spiral down the toilet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Are you that close to Boston?

I’m in Franklin, on the RI border, just above the northeast corner of RI along 495. Now it is 10-16” here. Snow line has moved again. Up to 50 mph winds too. Going to be a blizzard.

Shiri Spear is looking pretty hot this morning at least.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In order for those:

Bud Light, Rockers, PBR's and America's worst beer Miller Lite.

"Drink piss to Win"...if you have to. Take one for the team.

I’ve got a fridge full of Trillium, Sip of Sunshine, and a bunch of stouts and porters. I did buy Yuengling Light for my piss beer drinking neighbors to drink.

Reaction Score
Figured this was a good quote in a death storm post.

“One thing is not getting sucked into the hype about every single storm and revving yourself up with worry. We’ve been through storms for decades. That’s an important key that I write about a lot, the psychology of calming down and going about your life. Just thinking about, ‘OK, if I’m going to be in the house for a day or so, and I’m gonna get bored, what do I want to do?"

How to prepare for a snowstorm without freaking out

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I’ve got a fridge full of Trillium, Sip of Sunshine, and a bunch of stouts and porters. I did buy Yuengling Light for my piss beer drinking neighbors to drink.
I cannot believe the Trillium brewery is a mile and a half from my work, and I just found out about it. I am heading there for the first time next week, can't wait.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I cannot believe the Trillium brewery is a mile and a half from my work, and I just found out about it. I am heading there for the first time next week, can't wait.

fax me some, brah.

Reaction Score
Figured this was a good quote in a death storm post.

“One thing is not getting sucked into the hype about every single storm and revving yourself up with worry. We’ve been through storms for decades. That’s an important key that I write about a lot, the psychology of calming down and going about your life. Just thinking about, ‘OK, if I’m going to be in the house for a day or so, and I’m gonna get bored, what do I want to do?"

How to prepare for a snowstorm without freaking out
'Bomb cyclone' to slam East Coast as winter storm with blizzard conditions

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Which one? Canton or Fort Point? They make great beer.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I've got a fridge full of Tree House, what time should I come over?

Ooh...that's my favorite. Such a pain in the ass to get though.

Horatio

Cohesion is the Key
Reaction Score
IMG_3261.JPG

DOOMED!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Where are you and @UconnAlum04 located?
Metrowest Boston area. So Treehouse is about 30 minutes from my house and I work in Boston so getting to Trillium is pretty easy. I've never waited in line for more than 2 minutes at Trillium. Hate the lines at Treehouse.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Metrowest Boston area. So Treehouse is about 30 minutes from my house and I work in Boston so getting to Trillium is pretty easy. I've never waited in line for more than 2 minutes at Trillium. Hate the lines at Treehouse.

I end up in big lines at Trillium because I go to Canton on Saturday around open. Sometimes my wife goes mid-week and there are no lines. The worst thing about Treehouse is that you just don't know if the trip there will even net you much in the way of beer. They need to get to the point where Julius or Green is available every day, plus 3-4+ other beers.

Reaction Score
I end up in big lines at Trillium because I go to Canton on Saturday around open. Sometimes my wife goes mid-week and there are no lines. The worst thing about Treehouse is that you just don't know if the trip there will even net you much in the way of beer. They need to get to the point where Julius or Green is available every day, plus 3-4+ other beers.
I go to the downtown Boston Trillium store front. Show up 11 AM. Easy peezy, lemon squeezy

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
In my experience, Weather Underground (online -- not on the weather channel, where they suck as bad as any other TV weather panic spreader) actually gives weather forecasts that are realistic rather than out and out alarmist fake weather. They have it as 3 to 5 inches in my neck of the woods.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The only thing I'm really concerned about at the moment is whether the power goes out and even then...not that worried.

We bought a house in the fall and are currently in the process of moving. The new house is on a well. On the other hand, the buyers of the house we are selling, which is about 3 miles away, do not close for another 3 weeks, is on town water and sewer and has an operational fireplace. I have to snowblow that driveway anyway, so really no skin off my nose. Plenty of food between the two places and stores will be restocked by Friday evening, provided electricity.

Reaction Score
Man I remember way back in 2013 when they were literally brand new in Fort Point in Boston, “tasting room” capacity of like 6 people; however they were only able to do any pours the first time I went and after that could only sell 22oz bottles due to licensing issues. I have the crummiest, most bootleg looking 32oz growler from that time.

Amazing how big they have gotten in the 3 or so years since they opened up in Canton

Reaction Score
Man I remember way back in 2013 when they were literally brand new in Fort Point in Boston, “tasting room” capacity of like 6 people; however they were only able to do any pours the first time I went and after that could only sell 22oz bottles due to licensing issues. I have the crummiest, most bootleg looking 32oz growler from that time.

Amazing how big they have gotten in the 3 or so years since they opened up in Canton

I brought 5 people in with me one time to get samples before heading to Row 34 next door. Filled the whole tasting room.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
In my experience, Weather Underground (online -- not on the weather channel, where they suck as bad as any other TV weather panic spreader) actually gives weather forecasts that are realistic rather than out and out alarmist fake weather. They have it as 3 to 5 inches in my neck of the woods.

Weather Underground is one of the more reliable online weather channels. My oldest son's father-in-law was a pilot for American Airlines. He used Wunderground, as they are know, as did many, many pilots.

Reaction Score
I brought 5 people in with me one time to get samples before heading to Row 34 next door. Filled the whole tasting room.
You mean the tasting hallway? Lol that space was like 30 square feet

I think I remember a Belgian wheat and an oatmeal stout. Nothing that blew me away, but at the time all we had for breweries in Boston proper were Harpoon (nothing to sneeze at, but still had no beer hall at the time), Sam Adams, Aeronaut, and Bantam. I was pumped about anything new.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom