OT: Death Storm 2018 Watch | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Death Storm 2018 Watch

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
You mean the tasting hallway? Lol that space was like 30 square feet

I think I remember a Belgian wheat and an oatmeal stout. Nothing that blew me away, but at the time all we had for breweries in Boston proper were Harpoon (nothing to sneeze at, but still had no beer hall at the time), Sam Adams, Aeronaut, and Bantam. I was pumped about anything new.
Have you been to castle island brewery in Norwood yet? That's on my list as well. I can't believe I was wasting happy hour on Jake & Joes.

Reaction Score
Have you been to castle island brewery in Norwood yet? That's on my list as well. I can't believe I was wasting happy hour on Jake & Joes.
Unfortunately I’ve been 3 hours behind you all since October 2015.

And when I was in Boston I didn’t have a car so Boston and a little of Portland is really all I know as far as New England beer goes

Except that Hetty Topper is New England’s Pliny the Elder

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Guys stop talking about craft beer it triggers whaler

I’m storm ready.

I’ve got one 16 oz can Coors Light. 4 High Life Ponies. 2 bud lights (one in a lions can, one in a jaguars can). A unknown quantity of coors light bottles. And some tailgate leftover Mic Ultras.

I’d like to save the Jags beer until they win the Super Bowl tho.

Key is getting to the package store about a half hour after it’s open. Avoid the hobo rush.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It’s realky bad out there went to work this morning in Essex at 7. Things OK . By 10 it was snowing sideways and decided to leave office. Almost had to shovel my car out of lot as the wind blew drifts in front of my car that I could barely get through in 3 hours. Lotsa stuck cars on way home and visibility terrible

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Don't drive guys. I had to drive 5 miles and it took 35 minutes. Roads are the worst I've ever driven in and many cars are stuck. Keep moving. If you stop, you're screwed. In 30 minutes driving will be impossible without 4 wheel drive and even then it'll be tough going. Stay safe!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The winter storm is called Grayson? It's bad enough I almost got stuck on the road, but is the storm going to trip me and kick me in the nuts too??
Brody.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It’s realky bad out there went to work this morning in Essex at 7. Things OK . By 10 it was snowing sideways and decided to leave office. Almost had to shovel my car out of lot as the wind blew drifts in front of my car that I could barely get through in 3 hours. Lotsa stuck cars on way home and visibility terrible
Thanks Norm!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Brody.
National Weather Service started naming winter storms a few years ago like hurricanes.

Brody is the WFSB name, local to CT. Grayson is national.

Reaction Score
National Weather Service started naming winter storms a few years ago like hurricanes.
Dumbest thing ever. Even naming hurricanes and the general idea of anthropomorphizing forces of nature is stupid imo.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do not drive.

I did. I drove to Westchester this morning. It was a bad idea. You cannot see anything. The usual ice melts are not working on the roads because of the cold and there are people struggling to get up every single incline.

I unlocked my office door, checked Accuweather, got up, locked the office door and drove back home.

Terrible, terrible idea and it is probably better here than it is in Connecticut. Stay home - if you don’t crash, someone else might do it for you.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

Brody is the WFSB name, local to CT. Grayson is national.
Grayson is big time!

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
No clue how much snow I have in Manchester. Some spots have 2 inches. Some have 14. None on my roof which is nice

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Its snowing sideways.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Dumbest thing ever. Even naming hurricanes and the general idea of anthropomorphizing forces of nature is stupid imo.

There is a terrific reason for naming tropical storms and hurricanes.

There are usually more than one when they’re active and it allows for faster, better and more clear communication among forecasters. Way back in the day, they would track them by number and it proved confusing when there were multiple storms. They didn’t start naming them for your benefit.

The winter storm thing is simply just a marketing ploy by The Weather Channel. It’s not like there’s any chance of confusion as to which winter storm is currently over our heads.

Reaction Score
There is a terrific reason for naming tropical storms and hurricanes.

There are usually more than one when they’re active and it allows for faster, better and more clear communication among forecasters. Way back in the day, they would track them by number and it proved confusing when there were multiple storms. They didn’t start naming them for your benefit.
I do see that rationale.

The winter storm thing is simply just a marketing ploy by The Weather Channel.
Exactly

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I am in the storm sweet spot, might bet up to 15 inches. Part of 93 NB out of Boston was closed and Quincy is dealing with cars stuck in flood waters. Definitely a Grayson.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Took a vacation day because my employer refused to close today. Stay safe guys!
Wow that’s a brutal employer. I understand waiting to see if it’s as bad as forecast; this one is worse. I made the call for my office yesterday afternoon. Wife’s and daughter’s employers waited until this morning but decided immediately to close once the forecast was worsening.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Looking outside, id like to recant my earlier statement of "give the new snowblower some burn" and "bring it on". That wind is whippin.
I borrowed my neighbors in exchange of during hers for her as well. The stuff was blowing right back into my face. Brutal

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom