OT: Death Storm 2018 Watch | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Death Storm 2018 Watch

Reaction Score
Power just went out. A tree fell and took down power lines. Eversource says it may be a few days because it's too windy to work on it. It's gonna be a cold night with lots of blankets.
Blankets don't get the job done when It's 20 below, no matter how many you use. Hope you go to a friend's house or any place with heat.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Anybody have one of those plastic windscreens that can attach to a snowblower, it looks like a phone booth? I am tired of eating all the blowback snow crystals on nights like this.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Anybody have one of those plastic windscreens that can attach to a snowblower, it looks like a phone booth? I am tired of eating all the blowback snow crystals on nights like this.
That was one of the best things I ever bought! A life saver. No more snow blowing up into my face or down the back of my neck.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Seems like the pipe to my washer which runs along the wall to the mud room which is usually about as cold as it is outside has frozen. Shut off the water to it to try prevent a burst. I don’t think the old hairdryer truck works for in wall pipes. Mercifully after another few brutally cold days it’ll be over freezing most of next week.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Cold as shitt....wow. outside30 minutes snowblowing.... avon ct... wind cold

30 minutes? It took me almost two hours and even then my wife scraped up the little trails left over with a shovel. Was overly warm the whole time.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That was one of the best things I ever bought! A life saver. No more snow blowing up into my face or down the back of my neck.

Was this yous guys in the Courant???

950x534

Reaction Score
Well I was out delivering mail in cheshire yesterday, that was fun in my rear wheel drive vehicle.

Reaction Score
The snow plows finished half my route for me before I even go in this morning. It was pure Carnage out there, they'll be finding cheshire mailboxes in wolcott.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She looks just like you

All you see is a kid in a parka from the back and yet her friends were texting her all night saying she was "famous". Teens are goofy.

Reaction Score
It's awful where I live and we got our mail delivered.
A couple of my neighbors used to tip the mailman/woman. I didn't get it since its their job. Nowadays though the USPS demands much more for less pay. 'Going postal' was real not to long ago.

Anyway now that mine was delivered in this damn awful snow cyclone, I get it. I'm sure some houses received just one piece (e.g. spam insurance post card) as their only mail.

I plan to put something nice in the box next Christmas. A paycheck for them ain't enough for extreme delivery service in this last storm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom