OT Current State: Las Vegas | The Boneyard

OT Current State: Las Vegas

Reaction Score
Over the last year, I've done a good bit of traveling domestically. I've been to Seattle, Portland, Hilton Head (4x) and Florida for pennies on the dollar. I'm heading to Vegas on May 8th and I'm curious if anyone who has been recently has any thoughts or opinions on the current state in Vegas? If it helps, I'm 34 and going with my girlfriend. Thanks!

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Of all the places to go with a gf during a pandemic I would have a place with no ocean very low on the list...But that's just me. I heard from friends who are there for work, things are happening but on a much much smaller scale. Conferences are happening but encore beach club for example is requiring masks at the pool...

Reaction Score
Of all the places to go with a gf during a pandemic I would have a place with no ocean very low on the list...But that's just me. I heard from friends who are there for work, things are happening but on a much much smaller scale. Conferences are happening but encore beach club for example is requiring masks at the pool...
Thanks Polycom! We've done a few beach vacations over the last year, so we are working our way down the list.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Thanks Polycom! We've done a few beach vacations over the last year, so we are working our way down the list.
Until vegas opens up fully I'd keep moving it down the list. Vegas isn't a place you got with your girl if you have to hold back because the attractions aren't open or they are limited. The shows in vegas are awesome though so if there are a lot of good deals right now it might make sense to go. It really depends what you both want to do, what your budget is and define as a good time.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love going to Vegas and living it up. Yes, we boomers still have fun.

I would suggest planning a future trip there for opening weekend of March Madness. I’ve been in Vegas for every major sporting event championship, including headline boxing events, but nothing compares to the Thur-Sunday first 2 rounds of the tournament. Every sports book lounge is packed with various teams fans along with a lot of somewhat friendly trash talking going back and forth.

Whenever you go, you’ll have a good time.
If not, then Vegas isn’t for you.

Reaction Score
I absolutely love going to Vegas and living it up. Yes, we boomers still have fun.

I would suggest planning a future trip there for opening weekend of March Madness. I’ve been in Vegas for every major sporting event championship, including headline boxing events, but nothing compares to the Thur-Sunday first 2 rounds of the tournament. Every sports book lounge is packed with various teams fans along with a lot of somewhat friendly trash talking going back and forth.

Thanks, Mister P! I've been for a couple Super Bowl's, but March Madness would be awesome! Hopefully, early April next year.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score

I've been there several times for March Madness and it is amazing. So many games in front of you, cold beer at your fingertips and tons of people.

Highly recommended.

Reaction Score
Over the last year, I've done a good bit of traveling domestically. I've been to Seattle, Portland, Hilton Head (4x) and Florida for pennies on the dollar. I'm heading to Vegas on May 8th and I'm curious if anyone who has been recently has any thoughts or opinions on the current state in Vegas? If it helps, I'm 34 and going with my girlfriend. Thanks!
My friend just had her Bachelorette party there. They said they basically never left the Cosmopolitan but everything is open 100% and the hotel and the city seemed to be crowded. They also may have given me Covid.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
was there for March madness this year.
The restrictions aren’t very restrictive
The only complaint.. Uber and Lyft services are sparse. May have to wait, pay for premium service or traditional taxi.
You will have a great time

Reaction Score
was there for March madness this year.
The restrictions aren’t very restrictive
The only complaint.. Uber and Lyft services are sparse. May have to wait, pay for premium service or traditional taxi.
You will have a great time
Taxis seem to be cheaper than Uber and Lyft everywhere now.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Friends are in Vegas now. There are great travel deals. If I had to choose in a similar spot I’d take an outdoor-based vacation like New Orleans first.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Thanks, Mister P! I've been for a couple Super Bowl's, but March Madness would be awesome! Hopefully, early April next year.
Take the Super Bowl crowd that goes nuts for 3ish hours and extend that to 12+ hours a day for 4 straight days. Plus if it's a lopsided Super Bowl, the energy goes out of the crowd long before 3 hours. There is no lack of energy for most all of the 48+ hours of games the first weekend of March Madness.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Right.

Ocean view, cool breeze is the way to go.

IMG_20210422_182739832~2.jpg

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I just got back from 3 days at the Wynn.

Whether Vegas makes sense to go to now, depends on what you like to do in Vegas. I like to eat, drink and gamble...that's pretty much the same now, so I had fun. If you like shows or clubs, it's not a good time to go.

During the week...it's not busy. I have heard the weekends are very busy. So...during the week...no problem getting in restaurants or getting an Uber. I think the weekends are a different story.

Two things are very different right now in Vegas....the smell of weed is everywhere. Including on hotel floors.... elevators. Not a big deal, just an observation. Another difference is that since it is generally cheaper right now in Vegas....Vegas is attracting a different crowd.

So...things are not completely back to normal, but I enjoyed myself this week.

Reaction Score
I actually just got back from Vegas today. Wasn't overly crowded, but wasn't there over the weekend. Most restaurants are open but I suggest making reservations because a lot of places are short of staff. Ubers are nearly impossible to get but taxis are close to the same price. Masks are obviously mandatory in all indoor places. Walking outside it is mixed with people wearing and not wearing masks. There are a few shows that are open. We didn't go to any. We have been to Absinthe in the past, it's open, and recommend it. It's outside of Caesar's Palace in a tent. People getting high in public everywhere. Walking on the strip you smell pot everywhere.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
My friend just had her Bachelorette party there. They said they basically never left the Cosmopolitan but everything is open 100% and the hotel and the city seemed to be crowded. They also may have given me Covid.

ooooof sounds worth it!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom