• No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Their sport is non-competative and they are sensitive about it.

The larger point is that one of Geno's points of emphasis is that if you don't reliably take and make a certain shot in practice, then why would you ever attempt it during an actual game.

On that point, the MBB team could gain a lot by taking it to heart.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Their sport is non-competative and they are sensitive about it.

The larger point is that one of Geno's points of emphasis is that if you don't reliably take and make a certain shot in practice, then why would you ever attempt it during an actual game.

On that point, the MBB team could gain a lot by taking it to heart.

In fairness, the sport is fairly competitive among the rank and file. It's Geno and UCONN that make it non-competitive.

Reaction Score
Plus of those passes how many offensive put backs are there? Wouldn't those be passes off the basket and count towards assists

Exactly. The way I calculate my pick up stats, I can get d*mn near a point and assists double double in a game to 18.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
...and those shooting numbers are with a smaller ball. Well done!

The worst is when they say that NBA players don't have any fundamentals, can't shoot, can't pass, all one-on-one, don't play D...etc, etc. It's like, have you watched a single game in the last 10 years. The shooting alone is ridiculous.

Reaction Score
There are a few people who are out-of-touch over there, but they're no less intelligent than the people on this board who like to claim that nobody plays defense in the NBA.

Women's basketball is a fine sport that I'm happy to watch when the circumstances align. Then again, I'm the type who can be entertained by watching pick-up games at the Y.

The UConn women are good for the sport in a vacuum, but they're bad for the sport when there are no other interesting teams...at least in my opinion. When Griner and Baylor were going strong a couple years back, it was fascinating to watch those two teams play.

I do think that one way to grow the sport is to align with some of the more masculine features of the men's game rather than withdraw from them. By that, I mean some of the posturing, chest-thumping, trash talking, etc. found in men's sports could draw some eyeballs. There needs to be a version of the fab five, something that pushes the envelop and becomes a vocal adversary of Geno and UConn. For a while, you could argue that Geno and UConn were that...but I think things have grown static.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Sorry for poor quality. I decided I'd try to watch a women's basketball game before unc and ul. And this happend...

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Mother of God the angst I feel right now. Whats worse is people actually liked and agreed with the post.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
There are a few people who are out-of-touch over there, but they're no less intelligent than the people on this board who like to claim that nobody plays defense in the NBA.

Women's basketball is a fine sport that I'm happy to watch when the circumstances align. Then again, I'm the type who can be entertained by watching pick-up games at the Y.

The UConn women are good for the sport in a vacuum, but they're bad for the sport when there are no other interesting teams...at least in my opinion. When Griner and Baylor were going strong a couple years back, it was fascinating to watch those two teams play.

I do think that one way to grow the sport is to align with some of the more masculine features of the men's game rather than withdraw from them. By that, I mean some of the posturing, chest-thumping, trash talking, etc. found in men's sports could draw some eyeballs. There needs to be a version of the fab five, something that pushes the envelop and becomes a vocal adversary of Geno and UConn. For a while, you could argue that Geno and UConn were that...but I think things have grown static.

WCBB needs another UCONN/TN rivalry. That was so fun. I went to a few of those games and it was like going to a big men's game. People going nuts. Real bad blood between the two.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I can always tell when someone posts a link to a women's board thread here when youse guys show up to let us know what you think of us. (obligatory smiley face here). C'mon, guys, I spend a lot of time explaining what a wing is; do you really expect them to see spacing and pace in a men's game?

The last avatar was Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
If God wanted women playing basketball he wouldnt of made kitchens. Womens bball pffft! Dont watch it or any female "sports" to be honest. I respect them as athletes but i have zero interest in women sports.
God has it's reasons but basketball isn't one of them; I never let women in the kitchen, they curdle the sauces and distract the staff. (Paraphrase of a food writer 14th C). I agree, and disallow them from the kitchen when I am working in it. Italian wife with a repetoire of three dishes, all pasta; so this continentally trained chef (North America, learned from the head chef of a restaurant called Denny's) does all the cooking.
Crikey, I dont have time to watch what few games are available to me, I'm supposed to look for other ones too? I doubt I will catch UConn but even in Cardinal country (farmers at Stanford, not UL) they are not on TV often; out of sight out of mind.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
This was an actual post that was made in response:

"Men's Game= Dunking, NBA(leave early), tattoos"

I'm pretty sure that was made in jest. Those are some of the actual ludicrous reasons parroted again and again, so that poster decided to throw them in with some of the OP's ridiculous observations.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I dare them to watch a Syracuse-Miami or some other terrible matchup women's game, and then tell us the men don't know how to play. The only reason they think it's better is because they watch a team that never loses.

Reaction Score
I dare them to watch a Syracuse-Miami or some other terrible matchup women's game, and then tell us the men don't know how to play. The only reason they think it's better is because they watch a team that never loses.

This.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
When geno retires half those fans will magically disappear

Oh, shut --- up.

You say that like it's a good thing.

I don't care why they prefer women's basketball and I don't give a flying f--- what they think they know about the men's game - what I know is that women's basketball has been nothing but great for UConn.

Reaction Score
I can always tell when someone posts a link to a women's board thread here when youse guys show up to let us know what you think of us. (obligatory smiley face here). C'mon, guys, I spend a lot of time explaining what a wing is; do you really expect them to see spacing and pace in a men's game?

The last avatar was Katniss Everdeen from the Hunger Games.

Your current avatar is a Goddess, never change it.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score

Who are these people? They just need to watch 1 NBA regular season game v watching the NBA All-Star game to know saying nobody plays defense is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom