• No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't get it. It's not like 5 guys are hanging in the paint in the half court. They are bigger, faster, and stronger, so I suppose there is less (effective) space?... The parity in the Women's game is far, far less than in the Men's game. So that disparity at the tails would likely show up in the stats.

I was just going to do this! Glad I didn't have too... The one thing that surprised me was how close the stats were between both MBB and WBB. I actually thought the statistical margin would favor the men's even more... All this and the women have a smaller basketball, which should actually aid them... but even with the smaller ball they're worse statistically speaking.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I am resisting all my instinctual trolling urges to post in that thread over there. (I must be ::slightly:: maturing). We lit that board on fire during the 2011 championship run, I think one of them tried to call the cops on me. Getting someone with the handle "IceBear" to actually come over to the mens board and then promptly melt all over the place (handle/result ..... obviously for the win!) Is one of my prouder moments.

I think I will sit this one out.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Oh, shut --- up.

You say that like it's a good thing.

I don't care why they prefer women's basketball and I don't give a flying f--- what they think they know about the men's game - what I know is that women's basketball has been nothing but great for UConn.
How is it a good thing? I'm just telling it how it is. Losing fans is never a good thing.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'm baffled by the current poll results. The fact is the men were taught long ago how to how to play the "style" the women do. As the Men matured, they're skills and athleticism develop and are more conducive to playing a different way. Not better. Different.

If women's fans want to see men playing a version of "their" game, they should watch Georgetown, or any other program who employs principles of the "Princeton Offense."

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I'm baffled by the current poll results. The fact is the men were taught long ago how to how to play the "style" the women do. As the Men matured, they're skills and athleticism develop and are more conducive to playing a different way. Not better. Different.

If women's fans want to see men playing a version of "their" game, they should watch Georgetown, or any other program who employs principles of the "Princeton Offense."

I think you are seeing mostly sarcastic results mixed in there. For instance, I voted 'No', simply because I do not believe the men could be taught to play below the rim. haha

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I am resisting all my instinctual trolling urges to post in that thread over there. (I must be ::slightly:: maturing). We lit that board on fire during the 2011 championship run, I think one of them tried to call the cops on me. Getting someone with the handle "IceBear" to actually come over to the mens board and then promptly melt all over the place (handle/result ..... obviously for the win!) Is one of my prouder moments.

That 2011 WINNING run was like nothing we've ever seen in terms of volume and hilarity. On both boards. The 'ignored' and 'banned' list was astronomical (read comical).

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I think you are seeing mostly sarcastic results mixed in there. For instance, I voted 'No', simply because I do not believe the men could be taught to play below the rim. haha

I voted no because it's a stupid premise. The women weren't taught this mythical Hickory High style game either.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I voted yes because men were taught that way in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, through 9th grade. I was taught that way, but the game evolve as skills and talent develop.

In terms of playing below the rim vs. above, I am willing to bet that, to a person, each and every young woman on the Huskies would absolutely play above the rim if they could. I know those who are close, try to dunk when they are just messing around and why not? It's fun.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That 2011 WINNING run was like nothing we've ever seen in terms of volume and hilarity. On both boards. The 'ignored' and 'banned' list was astronomical (read comical).

Especially since, after our disappointing 2010 season and the Womens' continued success, the old argument of "Could the Women beat the Men?" started popping up, and there were actually a decent amount of people that thought the Women could win.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Start the turkey thread over there. That will teach them!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Without the women's team the new BB doesn't get built. The naming rights were paid for by a WBB fan. Many former players contributed.

Reaction Score
Without the women's team the new BB doesn't get built. The naming rights were paid for by a WBB fan. Many former players contributed.
Did I miss the thread about disbanding the womens program?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I could clone Jonathan Mandledove five times, each in terms of height for every position, and they would still beat any women's team by 60 points. We don't even need any Mandledove subs. And ***k it, let Tim Walsh coach em'. 50 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom