OT Brady's new uni | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Brady's new uni

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Head-to-head in a Boeheim formula:
2 > 0
;)
Those are so long ago you might as well be talking about Rosey Grier. But you have memories, like the Yanks, memories. Misty, watercolor memories of...

Reaction Score
His best attribute was mental, and the result of his demanding approach to the position meant that it was difficult to build a team around him.

A thousand times this. I was getting tired of watching young receivers on other teams making contributions while constantly hearing about how Brady didn’t trust young guys, etc and it felt like there were guys riding the sidelines who should have been contributing.

And anyone who says they enjoyed the state of the offense down the stretch last season - THAT guy is lying. Let’s see what they can do this year.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So let me reset it this way.

We're two pages in and, per the responses, there isn't a single Pats fan that is upset seeing the greatest player in their history wearing a gaudy Tampa Bay uniform?

And I'm the jerk for calling BS on that.

Did I want to see that? No. You are right. I wanted him to retire after the 2018 Super Bowl. But if the alternative is bringing him back to hamstring the needed changes in the offense for another two years, while costing $50M, or seeing him in Tampa? Glad he's in Tampa. Sincerely.

That said, there are younger fans who feel differently. Guys who only knew Brady. I was a fan back to Grogan, enjoyed his play, looking forward to another mobile QB finally. My favorite Patriots are John Hannah, Andre Tippett, Russ Francis and Ty Law.

Reaction Score
Those are so long ago you might as well be talking about Rosey Grier. But you have memories, like the Yanks, memories. Misty, watercolor memories of...

Hell last year is long ago. The most moronic thing is in 2004 Sox and Pats fans suddenly decided what was “too long ago” to fit your pathetic agenda. Please stop unless you’re 20 years old it’s ridiculous. Wasn’t that long ago that Eli was your daddy. ;)

Reaction Score
Did I want to see that? No. You are right. I wanted him to retire after the 2018 Super Bowl. But if the alternative is bringing him back to hamstring the needed changes in the offense for another two years, while costing $50M, or seeing him in Tampa? Glad he's in Tampa. Sincerely.

You realize that they won the Super Bowl in 2019 and were in three straight from 2017, 2018 and 2019. And you paint it like it was Johnny Unitas hobbling around on 2 bad knees. "Hamstring the needed changes in the offense". LOL!!!!

Reaction Score

That said, there are younger fans who feel differently. Guys who only knew Brady. I was a fan back to Grogan, enjoyed his play, looking forward to another mobile QB finally. My favorite Patriots are John Hannah, Andre Tippett, Russ Francis and Ty Law.
well said!

Reaction Score
You realize that they won the Super Bowl in 2019 and were in three straight from 2017, 2018 and 2019. And you paint it like it was Johnny Unitas hobbling around on 2 bad knees. "Hamstring the needed changes in the offense". LOL!!!!
Just stop. You are really making yourself look like a fool. We get it. You are right and everyone else is an idiot. What don't you go suck the guy off if you love him so much?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

When I said 2018 Super Bowl I meant the 2019 Super Bowl from the 2018 season.

It doesn't matter if he has two bad knees, he's the slowest guy on the team with healthy knees. The game has changed. Pat Mahomes won the MVP in a season in which he admitted he didn't know how to read defenses for much of the year. That element of the game isn't as critical as it was. Defenses have learned how to stop it, and you saw Vrabel stop it cold last year...I did too, I was there.

The position of QB is now expected to be a playmaker, to make something of busted plays. To scramble, incorporate RPO elements, throw on the move. In short, in the Brady era, he and Peyton Manning set the bar for what could be done by reading the defense pre-snap, adjusting the plays and route based on that read and executing it with precision. Doesn't work as well now. Defenses have changed. Now the adjustments are often coming post snap. Read what the defense actually does and have the QB and receivers improvise in real time. Brady would be awful at that.

Reaction Score
When I said 2018 Super Bowl I meant the 2019 Super Bowl from the 2018 season.

It doesn't matter if he has two bad knees, he's the slowest guy on the team with healthy knees. The game has changed. Pat Mahomes won the MVP in a season in which he admitted he didn't know how to read defenses for much of the year. That element of the game isn't as critical as it was. Defenses have learned how to stop it, and you saw Vrabel stop it cold last year...I did too, I was there.

The position of QB is now expected to be a playmaker, to make something of busted plays. To scramble, incorporate RPO elements, throw on the move. In short, in the Brady era, he and Peyton Manning set the bar for what could be done by reading the defense pre-snap, adjusting the plays and route based on that read and executing it with precision. Doesn't work as well now. Defenses have changed. Now the adjustments are often coming post snap. Read what the defense actually does and have the QB and receivers improvise in real time. Brady would be awful at that.
You can't try using logic on a guy who's only form of argument is to yell the loudest that "I'm right". Doesn't work. Let him get his rocks off trolling. He clearly hasn't figured out how to get out of his basement yet.

Reaction Score
You can't try using logic on a guy who's only form of argument is to yell the loudest that "I'm right". Doesn't work. Let him get his rocks off trolling. He clearly hasn't figured out how to get out of his basement yet.

Funny. I could say the same about you.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
So let me reset it this way.

We're two pages in and, per the responses, there isn't a single Pats fan that is upset seeing the greatest player in their history wearing a gaudy Tampa Bay uniform?

And I'm the jerk for calling BS on that.
I for one "dress in the dark," i.e., I just yank whatever is in the closet drawer and put it on, so fashion aesthetics are very low on the outrage meter for me, not sure if it registers what he wears, you wear, anyone wears. Simply don't care or pay much attention to it.
I watched Plunkett, Grogan, Eason, and on and on. Remember Cunningham, Nelson, Tippet, and all the other guys. Funny thing is I just don't invest emotions in the game after the game is over. During it, excitement, disappointment, elation, sadness, yeah sure. Afterward, nothing, leading up to next one, very little. So no it doesn't bother me that another person made a decision to play for another team.

No you are a jerk because you are a jerk. You demonstrated it on many occasions and seem to forget others remember too. So what? One can be a jerk if they want to, but denying that you are being one, well that's a different noun.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

Always liked Andre Tippett and always liked Ty Law ... I especially liked the days when Tippett played, when New England was an afterthought! ;)

But for real, loved Tippett as a player - had his "starting lineup" figurine, which I collected en masse.

He was no Cornelius Bennett, but he could sure play.

Reaction Score
Now I can finally completely let go of AMERICAN football.

Reaction Score
Speaking of football when the heck is baseball coming back. All Yanks, all day long.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hell last year is long ago. The most moronic thing is in 2004 Sox and Pats fans suddenly decided what was “too long ago” to fit your pathetic agenda. Please stop unless you’re 20 years old it’s ridiculous. Wasn’t that long ago that Eli was your daddy. ;)
Scattered pictures... of the smiles we left behind...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score

Belichick won the 2019 SB, that can't be debated

And the Patriots sucked on offense last year. I saw one reporter claim Brady didn't have enough patience with young receivers. I think there may be an element of truth in that observation

Reaction Score
Another Pats fan here. Obviously I would have loved to see Brady stay and finish his career in New England but I understand why he left. 6 rings and the man still has something to prove. Gotta respect the drive to keep winning!

I am perfectly ok with rooting for the Bucs as a 2nd team. He’s my favorite professional athlete so I will root for him and his team regardless. The fact that he went to The Bucs and not a rival of any kind helps a lot. I plan to go to a game or 2 while visiting my fam in the Tampa.

Also, the new Bucs uniforms are clean . Gronk and Tom both look great in the press photos.

Reaction Score
I was gonna say, I feel like many Patriot fans were at least as much Brady fans in a separate kind of way. I was totally wrong about jersey sales and how well his popularity would travel. I think I overestimated how much he was hated by the rest of the country; I just spent the first 25 years of my life in the Northeast where I saw everyone but my GMen fandom, from Buffalo to Philly to the Jets to Baltimore to Pittsburgh, all hating the man.

Would’ve been interesting if he went to the Ravens or the Giants though. How much would you love your boy playing in Ray Lewis’s colors?
Yeah it’s easy to root for him going to the Buccs because well... who the hell cares about the Buccs.

He’s all i’ve know since I was 7 years old. I’ve spent 20 years adamantly defending him against the mass amount of hate and criticism basically anyone whose not a pats fan has had for him. I’m not going to pretend like i’m not pulling for him now that he’s gone from the Pats. I can’t wait to see what Stidham can do and will continue to watch every single Pats game. But if it’s Buccs Vs. Pats in Super Bowl... i’m not going to pretend like i’m not pulling for Tom.

Reaction Score
Belichick won the 2019 SB, that can't be debated

And the Patriots sucked on offense last year. I saw one reporter claim Brady didn't have enough patience with young receivers. I think there may be an element of truth in that observation
Bill outduel MVP Mahomes and the most explosive offense in years in Conference Championship that year too? Stop it.

UDFA Jakobi Meyers was 4th on team in targets last year and Harry was 6th despite playing in only 7 games. What young receivers are being referred to there?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Bill outduel MVP Mahomes and the most explosive offense in years in Conference Championship that year too? Stop it.

UDFA Jakobi Meyers was 4th on team in targets last year and Harry was 6th despite playing in only 7 games. What young receivers are being referred to there?

Absolutely,

290 total yards by the Chiefs, with most of their offense coming on a couple of broken down plays otherwise their numbers are totally pathetic

Patriots have 524 total yards, rushing the ball 48 times for 176 yards and controlling the ball for 40 minutes

The only things that let the Chiefs compete were Brady's two turnovers. A red zone pick from the 1 and then a second pick which set up the chiefs in the Red Zone. A 14 point swing at a minimum

Belichick won that game, not Brady. I know you're not going to mention the SB.

The Patriots defense was awesome in all three post season games, and that's probably the Patriots teams we'll see moving forward. Ball control and defense.

I love Tom Brady, I'll always be a fan and I'll always appreciate what he gave us. But his talent was obviously diminishing. If Bill Belichick thinks this, then it's true.

I think Brady can have a pretty good season in Tampa playing with a chip on his shoulder. Tampa gets to put bodies in their seats, assuming the NFL allows this, but Brady is absolutely on the downside of his career. Kinda surprised I actually have to say that.

Reaction Score
The Pats will be better than expected. Brady is a system quarterback. Tampa should bring back the creamsicle uniforms.

Reaction Score
But it was his system.

We will disagree often when it comes to Boston NY but not here. No one can actually think Brady was “only” a system QB and as you say if it was a Bils system during all of those successful years it only worked because of #12.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom