OT Brady's new uni | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT Brady's new uni

Reaction Score
I think you are missing the point that after 20 years, Pats fans are Brady fans. I tried to explain this once before and some people just didn’t believe it. For me, Brady is “family”. I love seeing what he can do at this age. I’m excited to see what he has left in the tank with the Bucs.

I am certainly not excited that he isn’t the Pats QB anymore, but that’s reality. I am able to let it go and look forward to the season on two fronts: watching Brady with the Bucs and seeing what the Pats have to work with. It just doesn’t hurt that bad. Even if he stayed, there wasn’t much time left.

Reaction Score
Bill has no loyalty to anything except his ego, and Kraft lacked the fortitude to stand up for guy who sacrificed year over year on salary to help win. It was no sweat off their back to give Brady a fair deal for 2 years.

Reaction Score
I think Brady wants to prove that he can win without Bill. It's not personal

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah it’s easy i’m just a buccaneers fan now
I was gonna say, I feel like many Patriot fans were at least as much Brady fans in a separate kind of way. I was totally wrong about jersey sales and how well his popularity would travel. I think I overestimated how much he was hated by the rest of the country; I just spent the first 25 years of my life in the Northeast where I saw everyone but my GMen fandom, from Buffalo to Philly to the Jets to Baltimore to Pittsburgh, all hating the man.

Would’ve been interesting if he went to the Ravens or the Giants though. How much would you love your boy playing in Ray Lewis’s colors?

Reaction Score
It was a treat to watch Brady do his thing in a Pats uniform for 2 decades. The Super Bowl comeback against the Falcons has got to be the greatest comeback on the biggest stage that I've ever seen. When Brady had a good offensive line giving him ample protection he was fantastic. But we all knew that the post Brady era was coming and the fact that he went to Tampa Bay just sped that up by a year or two.

Go gettum Tom. I'll be rooting for Brady and the Patriots. No reason you can't do both.

Reaction Score
Yes. That’s my point. It’s not possible to be happy about him playing and not in a NE uniform. And you can tell me otherwise all you want. It doesn’t make it true. I don’t buy the Good Luck, Tommy bit at all. Sorry.

And if what you say really is true? Why do you care what I say? You clearly do.
You are so special. Don't ever change. I assume your real name is Richard??

I’ll give you this though, I did learn something from you in this thread: don’t ever try to have an intelligent conversation with an intransigent idiot.

Last edited:

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Looks like a Burger King manager at Comic Con to me.

Won't be the same having my Giants send him home in the NFC's as opposed to the SB.

Reaction Score
You are so special. Don't ever change. I assume your real name is Richard??

I’ll give you this though, I did learn something from you in this thread: don’t ever try to have an intelligent conversation with an intransigent idiot.

Thats your opinion and you’re welcome to it. I also think you’re an idiot. And a liar.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Any Pats fan who says that picture doesn't bother them is flat out lying.

Doesn't bother me, Belichick moved on and in Belichick I trust. I wanted TB12 to retire a Patriot, but he evidently wanted more than Bill was willing to give. I'll always love TB and appreciate everything he's done, I wish him well. I actually think he plays best with a chip on his shoulder, so I think the Bucs will get one very good year out of him.

What bothered me more is Gronk joining him. Brady to Gronk is our thing, it was special. The combination bothers me a tad, but I can never have ill will towards two of my all time favorites.

I too believe in Stidham, probably fair to say he's more physically talented right now, but leadership and moxie are TBD. I know this, Belichick will be just as motivated as Brady, and that's what really matters to the Patriots

Reaction Score
Yes. That’s my point. It’s not possible to be happy about him playing and not in a NE uniform. And you can tell me otherwise all you want. It doesn’t make it true. I don’t buy the Good Luck, Tommy bit at all. Sorry.

And if what you say really is true? Why do you care what I say? You clearly do.
Go away please

willie99

Reaction Score
I think every Patriots fan has been asked this question, maybe even here on this board.

Who is most responsible for this amazing run? I think it's Belichick, especially since he played GM in the free agency era.

Brady was huge, obviously, with his performance on the field. And I believe him buying into the Patriot Way helped immensely. Who's going to be the player that fills that void? IDK, but Belichick will keep them on top as long as he's around.

willie99

Reaction Score
Looks like a Burger King manager at Comic Con to me.

Won't be the same having my Giants send him home in the NFC's as opposed to the SB.

Who? are you talking about a team that's always golfing on New Years weekend?

Four Superbowls and three titles since 2011, while the Giants have had five head coaches for some strange reason. Maybe a Belichick protege can bring some stability in for you

Reaction Score
Thats your opinion and you’re welcome to it. I also think you’re an idiot. And a liar.
Take your bat and ball and go home little boy.....someone disagrees with what you have to say. That doesn't make them wrong.....or a liar. It makes you a little B.......tch.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Any Pats fan who says that picture doesn't bother them is flat out lying.
I legitimately laughed out loud at this. How sad.

Sorry Deepster. I didn't want Brady back. I hoped he'd retire after the last Super Bowl. His skills have regressed. His best attribute was mental, and the result of his demanding approach to the position meant that it was difficult to build a team around him. I suspect Belichick has wanted to modernize the offense for some time and couldn't because Brady can't execute a modern offense, and you'd be wasting the thing he's best at.

This team, as constructed, is better with Stidham at QB than Brady. He can run, throw on the run and get the ball downfield accurately. The Patriots can finally incorporate some RPO into the offense.

Reaction Score
Sorry Deepster. I didn't want Brady back. I hoped he'd retire after the last Super Bowl. His skills have regressed. His best attribute was mental, and the result of his demanding approach to the position meant that it was difficult to build a team around him. I suspect Belichick has wanted to modernize the offense for some time and couldn't because Brady can't execute a modern offense, and you'd be wasting the thing he's best at.

This team, as constructed, is better with Stidham at QB than Brady. He can run, throw on the run and get the ball downfield accurately. The Patriots can finally incorporate some RPO into the offense.
That doesn’t line up w his narrative so you are wrong.....and a liar too!! SMH

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was happy for the drama to be over. I still believe Brady never forgot the way Kraft stuck the knife in his back and had him fend for himself in deflategate.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I think every Patriots fan has been asked this question, maybe even here on this board.

Who is most responsible for this amazing run? I think it's Belichick, especially since he played GM in the free agency era.

Brady was huge, obviously, with his performance on the field. And I believe him buying into the Patriot Way helped immensely. Who's going to be the player that fills that void? IDK, but Belichick will keep them on top as long as he's around.

I don't know how many people follow Dan Orlovsky on Twitter. He's had some interesting insights. How many top 5 QBs in the draft came in and improved those bad teams that drafted them in some material way? Lots of names came out and consensus was maybe Matt Ryan? Matthew Stafford? Carson Palmer? Drafting a QB at the top of the first round hasn't been a quick path to success for anybody really.

What you see are good teams get QBs later and stay good. Put a talented QB on a badly coached team and you have a bad team with a bad QB. Bill will be able to win with whoever he chooses to play QB.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I was gonna say, I feel like many Patriot fans were at least as much Brady fans in a separate kind of way. I was totally wrong about jersey sales and how well his popularity would travel. I think I overestimated how much he was hated by the rest of the country; I just spent the first 25 years of my life in the Northeast where I saw everyone but my GMen fandom, from Buffalo to Philly to the Jets to Baltimore to Pittsburgh, all hating the man.

Would’ve been interesting if he went to the Ravens or the Giants though. How much would you love your boy playing in Ray Lewis’s colors?

Was going to say ... it's about 5 years too late, at least, but I'm glad to see him gone. I don't care if he's 55 years old, I'm sick of playing against him. Always hated him as a rival, but loved him as a player and a competitor. He's a guy I've had a tough time "hating" because I respect him so much.

Edit: I'm a Bills fan, and we were plugging way ok until he showed up.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Take your bat and ball and go home little boy.....someone disagrees with what you have to say. That doesn't make them wrong.....or a liar. It makes you a little B.......tch.

And the Mr Internet Muscles has shown up!

For the record, I didn't say they were wrong. I said I didn't believe them.

Reaction Score
Wrong deep. Speak for yourself.

So let me reset it this way.

We're two pages in and, per the responses, there isn't a single Pats fan that is upset seeing the greatest player in their history wearing a gaudy Tampa Bay uniform?

And I'm the jerk for calling BS on that.

Reaction Score
Who? are you talking about a team that's always golfing on New Years weekend?

Four Superbowls and three titles since 2011, while the Giants have had five head coaches for some strange reason. Maybe a Belichick protege can bring some stability in for you

Head-to-head in a Boeheim formula:

2 > 0

;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

We're two pages in and, per the responses, there isn't a single Pats fan that is upset seeing the greatest player in their history wearing a gaudy Tampa Bay uniform?

You'll just never understand winning.

Reaction Score

Yes. for assuming you know everything that every other person is thinking. Either that, or you are God. Which one is it?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom