OT: Boneyard "Other Football" World Cup Thread | Page 82 | The Boneyard

OT: Boneyard "Other Football" World Cup Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Give me some good reasons to become a Spurs fan.
Their a club that won't get relegated so you're safe there in terms of having you club be in the top flight every year. They also usually challenge for a Euro/Camps league spot every year. So if you want a top tier team not named the big 4 (Arsenal, Chelsea, either Manchester clubs) this is your team. Personally, I like Everton better and feel those two clubs are on equal footing.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
ZooCougar said:
You have no self respect. You hate life. You lack the intelligence to choose any other team. You enjoy finishing in Arsenal's shadow.

Reaction Score
You have no self respect. You hate life. You lack the intelligence to choose any other team. You enjoy finishing in Arsenal's shadow.
You should like Tottenham because....
You choose good over evil
You're self confident, good looking, successful, and people like you
Your parents loved you and raised you right
You want to support a team you can be proud of
You are not a bandwagon type person (like simple minded, insecure, and ill-informed supporters of another London club who just don't know any better and follow the herd with their noses firmly planted in the arse of the drone in front of them they are blindly following)
Because Tottenham = UConn ; Arsenal = BCU

They do have a rich history and earned their way in the top flight 100 some odd years ago, and did not buy their way in like someone else did. They are a big 'neighborhood' supported club whose game day environment is on par or better than most every other club. They will excite you, and frustrate you, but always have an impact on you. They are putting money into bringing in world class talent, just got sign off to build a modern art stadium on the same grounds their current stadium sits.

I do believe being a Tottenham fan has a lot of parallels to being a fan of UConn.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You are not a bandwagon type person (like simple minded, insecure, and ill-informed supporters of another London club who just don't know any better and follow the herd with their noses firmly planted in the arse of the drone in front of them they are blindly following)

They do have a rich history and earned their way in the top flight 100 some odd years ago, and did not buy their way in like someone else did. They are a big 'neighborhood' supported club whose game day environment is on par or better than most every other club. They will excite you, and frustrate you, but always have an impact on you. They are putting money into bringing in world class talent, just got sign off to build a modern art stadium on the same grounds their current stadium sits.

I do believe being a Tottenham fan has a lot of parallels to being a fan of UConn.

All of this. Plus it eliminates any Arsenal fans from your circle of friends, which is unequivocally a positive.

Reaction Score

How come Arsenal's Captains keep leaving for other sides?

Reaction Score

If Tottenham is an Underarmour club that could be a deal breaker. I hate that brand for some reason, really I just hate people that wear Underarmour as an overarmour.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
They were outfitted by Puma until a year or two ago, but I know what you mean about Under Armour. *coughrandyedsallcough*

Reaction Score
If Tottenham is an Underarmour club that could be a deal breaker. I hate that brand for some reason, really I just hate people that wear Underarmour as an overarmour.
Looks like they are not the club for you then. What happens if UConn signed with UA when the Nike deal is up?

Reaction Score
Looks like they are not the club for you then. What happens if UConn signed with UA when the Nike deal is up?

Oh man, that would be really disheartening. I am going to keep an open mind on Tottenham though.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
How come Arsenal's Captains keep leaving for other sides?
Turncoats. :mad:

Arsenal actually stays within it's budget. Doesn't have an oil baron or sheik pumping in money. Building the new stadium put quite a crimp on their budget. Couldn't go paying players £200 a week like the Chelsea's, Man City's, Madrid's of the world.

Now that they are much more flush, they are starting to flex their bank account muscles. Instead of losing players to the bigger clubs, we are bringing in players from Real and Barcelona, etc. Transfer season is much more fun this year.

Reaction Score
They were outfitted by Puma until a year or two ago, but I know what you mean about Under Armour. *coughrandyedsallcough*

At least they aren't using the company that makes Liverpool's kits.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All of this. Plus it eliminates any Arsenal fans from your circle of friends, which is unequivocally a positive.
Interesting story, to me anyway. Was on vacation in Key West a couple years ago and got talking to a guy on a dinner cruise. He had a British accent. So I asked him where he was from. He said London. I asked him if he followed football/soccer, he said yes, he was a Tottenham fan, wondered if I had heard of them. I smiled and pointed down at my Arsenal tattoo on my leg. We both groaned a little, but then got along famously, as did our wives. Went out for drinks and had a great time. Talked about football all night.

So all Tottenham fans aren't evil. :D

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I don't like Underarmour either. Nor Reebok. Arsenal just signed a pretty big contract (at least compared to the Nike one they had) for Puma. Not bad looking. Prefer Adidas, but at least Puma is "in the family". ;)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Not sure what's a worse feeling - Argentina playing well enough to beat Germany by 2 or 3 goals but failing to finish any chances, or the USA desperately hanging on against Belgium but blowing a chance to steal it in injury time. Well... of course losing in a final is the decisive factor, but at least Argentina have two WC's to point to. Argentina was really impressive defensively, I thought Germany might break them down more. But you have to wonder what if they had some more depth and were able to sub Messi out sooner during the knockout games to keep him fresher... though that would have probably required them scoring 1-2 goals more a game to be able to rest him more.

Reaction Score
Can't believe Messi is only 27. He could be around for two more of these.

Reaction Score
Losing DiMaria was a killer for Argentina. He was the guy to take the pressure from Messi and make plays instead of blowing chances. While Germany played well enough to win throughout the tournament, his legs were exactly what an older but skilled team needed to keep others honest. Just wonder what could have been.

Reaction Score
Not sure what's a worse feeling - Argentina playing well enough to beat Germany by 2 or 3 goals but failing to finish any chances, or the USA desperately hanging on against Belgium but blowing a chance to steal it in injury time. Well... of course losing in a final is the decisive factor, but at least Argentina have two WC's to point to. Argentina was really impressive defensively, I thought Germany might break them down more. But you have to wonder what if they had some more depth and were able to sub Messi out sooner during the knockout games to keep him fresher... though that would have probably required them scoring 1-2 goals more a game to be able to rest him more.
Sorry... I don't know how you get to Argentina playing well enough to win by 2-3 goals. I really thought Germany carried the play for most of the game. Not saying Argentina didn't have chances, but I really thought Germany played much better.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Sorry... I don't know how you get to Argentina playing well enough to win by 2-3 goals. I really thought Germany carried the play for most of the game. Not saying Argentina didn't have chances, but I really thought Germany played much better.

Germany held more of the ball, but Argentina had more and better scoring chances. Higuain and Palacio are going to have some sleepless nights this week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wygyschk

Top Bottom