OT-Boneyard jokes I don't follow | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT-Boneyard jokes I don't follow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I am a huge fan of "Thank you for your interest in UConn Basketball." Best troll repellent; it really gets under their skin.

That came out of the Rules listed by Letitcia Basketballdridge. Someone posted how you should properly reply to people trolling and it gave a bunch of scenarios and the proper response to each. I loved that post.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It was 25 minutes. And I'm such a purist I actually get mad when people say 20 minutes.

I think I was in the chat room when "Fort the ead!" started.

I am a huge fan of "Thank you for your interest in UConn Basketball." Best troll repellent; it really gets under their skin.

Remember we had a chat room where you could pick a color for your text? That had to be '99.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
That came out of the Rules listed by Letitcia Basketballdridge. Someone posted how you should properly reply to people trolling and it gave a bunch of scenarios and the proper response to each. I loved that post.

The rules post was actually a compilation of another thread.

Somewhere, I have a file with that thread, the pictures of the Quarry Ridge golf cart crash and a few other things.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

suzy-q gets the nod for planting the first seed.

She made some comment about how her office mates had a comment at the ready, for when someone made a clearly over the top comment, something like, "Well, that certainly is an interesting perspective."

Back in those days (I place it somewhere around 1996), anyone could post under any name they wanted, so I built on that comment, added a slew of others, invented "Leticia Basketballdridge" (you youngsters may want to google up Leticia Baldridge for context) and threw it out there. I kept everyone in the dark about who was actually posting under the Leticia handle, until someone else waded in and started making competing posts.

We were locked into what was passing for a death spiral of smack talk with some real doozies back then. Unimaginable as it might seem, Fresno State was felt to be on an unstoppable, ascendant trajectory, by its fan(s) (Hands up! Who remembers Buff?).

Anyway, Leticia posted the original list, it was added to and it morphed a number of times. It was too many crashed computers ago, and the original posts are long gone into the ether.

Still, the more recent itteration of the ettiquitte guide managed to be posted two years back....for the sake of the mojo....

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You forgot our Hilton Units.
(You youngsters can google up "Smoot", or Oliver R. Smoot, for the origination of the idea.)

For some extended period of time, everyone wanted to know precisely how tall Hilton was, with or without sneakers, etc., etc.

Growing tired of it all, as I sometimes do, I determined that the issue would be over if I simply considered Hilton Armstrong to be on a plane with Oliver R. Smoot (or Anders Angstrom), and give him his own unit of measure. "One Hilton Armstrong Unit".

For the rest of that season, everyone on the team, all rectruits and everyone we matched up against, was measured in HAUs.

Reaction Score
The rules post was actually a compilation of another thread.

Somewhere, I have a file with that thread, the pictures of the Quarry Ridge golf cart crash and a few other things.

Any pictures of the pansy section which was devastated by Connvict after his roll over?? The new members would certainly wonder how they tipped that cart especially seeing the 15 various empty bottles and fifths on the ground!! LOL

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Any pictures of the pansy section which was devastated by Connvict after his roll over?? The new members would certainly wonder how they tipped that cart especially seeing the 15 various empty bottles and fifths on the ground!! LOL

The good news is that this was the first time I ever played golf.

Until my teammates flopped that golf cart, I hadn't realized that golf was a full contact sport.....

It was exquisite timing, I have to say....no sooner had Rip and Conncert flipped that cart, but Team Fishy came around the corner to witness all those booze bottles, and naked lady golf tees strewn all over the area.

The look of shock and horror on swami's face was priceless....

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Four pages and no turkey vultures.

I heard Tom is still alive too despite posts that indicate otherwise.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
(You youngsters can google up "Smoot", or Oliver R. Smoot, for the origination of the idea.)

For some extended period of time, everyone wanted to know precisely how tall Hilton was, with or without sneakers, etc., etc.

Growing tired of it all, as I sometimes do, I determined that the issue would be over if I simply considered Hilton Armstrong to be on a plane with Oliver R. Smoot (or Anders Angstrom), and give him his own unit of measure. "One Hilton Armstrong Unit".

For the rest of that season, everyone on the team, all rectruits and everyone we matched up against, was measured in HAUs.

We've used HAUs this season a few times. HAUs should always be used when referring to height on the board, but especially with post players.

Reaction Score

Nobody wanted it to happen but it was beautiful wasn't it prank?? LOL..........brother swami was like :eek:

Reaction Score
He didn't kill the pansies when he crashed the cart. He was passed out in a bed of them in the parking lot. And the only pictures are stuck in the dark recesses of my brain. I suppose it says something about my condition that evening that I didn't bother to go get someone to help him up. I just got into my car and drove home.

Reaction Score
I miss that ole girl.

Reaction Score
He didn't kill the pansies when he crashed the cart. He was passed out in a bed of them in the parking lot. And the only pictures are stuck in the dark recesses of my brain. I suppose it says something about my condition that evening that I didn't bother to go get someone to help him up. I just got into my car and drove home.

I never knew he was passed out in them.....someone came in and told me Connvict was "taking out" the pansies outside and we will never be invited here again (and I was his ride).......so instead of panicking I rushed to the bar, ordered some more cocktails for the BYers I was talking to and waited for him to calm down and pass out by my car!! LOL

I think he slept against the bush near my car for about an hour before I made sure everything was okay!!;)

Reaction Score
I'll add "We are DOOMED". Since I have been using it here for years. (It really means we are totally DOOMED and have no future).

I also like to spit on certain teams- so "PE-Toowey"- if you need an explanation for that you did not go to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom