OT: Best Clam Chowder in CT | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Clam Chowder in CT

Reaction Score
Whole Bellies Specifically are a serious Jones. When you want them the craving is as powerful as any food craving Ive ever had. Whats weird about it as that once Ive had them Im satiated for a good period. Even when eating them by the end of the platter Im like "OK thats fricking awesome, ive had enough now though" and then I dont care if I have them for weeks or longer, so I dont know if frequency comes into play in rating this stuff, I could eat great Pizza or a Roast Pork at a higher frequency than whole bellies, but when a whole belly craving sets in it is a far greater craving than I get for the other stuff.

TMI im sure, but its a round about way of saying I get JSM's last meal deal.

And now that I just typed that all out, you triggered me. Im heading to johnny ads.
I never got the appeal of frying perfectly good shellfish. Don't get me wrong it's good but I always felt it's more for people who don't really like shellfish. If given a choice I'll always take my oysters, clams, shrimp etc. without batter and the deep fryer.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I never got the appeal of frying perfectly good shellfish. Don't get me wrong it's good but I always felt it's more for people who don't really like shellfish. If given a choice I'll always take my oysters, clams, shrimp etc. without batter and the deep fryer.

For the most part yes. Its all good. But I like Shrimp 20 different ways before fried. Oysters 10 different ways before fried. Scallops too but maybe only 5 ways there.

But whole bellies?

There is a perfect alchemy when frying those, the warm, gooey belly contrasting with the crispness of the fry is sublime. They are a gift to mankind. No better way.

Reaction Score
For the most part yes. Its all good. But I like Shrimp 20 different ways before fried. Oysters 10 different ways before fried. Scallops too but maybe only 5 ways there.

But whole bellies?

There is a perfect alchemy when frying those, the warm, gooey belly contrasting with the crispness of the fry is sublime. They are a gift to mankind. No better way.

Before the allergy, my most voracious cravings were for raw littlenecks on the half shell with lemon and just a touch of a strong cocktail sauce. Would much rather have that than fried.

August_West

Reaction Score
Before the allergy, my most voracious cravings were for raw littlenecks on the half shell with lemon and just a touch of a strong cocktail sauce. Would much rather have that than fried.

Apples to oranges comparison.

I love raw littlenecks too. Fried littlenecks suck. hard. Way too tough fried.

Great whole bellies are from soft shelled clams.

August_West

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="August_West, post: 2221900, member: 1047"
And now that I just typed that all out, you triggered me. Im heading to johnny ads.
And?[/QUOTE]

Couldnt get away for lunch.

Reaction Score
Apples to oranges comparison.

I love raw littlenecks too. Fried littlenecks suck. hard. Way too tough fried.

Great whole bellies are from soft shelled clams.

Agreed. I just never had cravings for fried clams like I did for littlenecks (or even small cherrystones) on the half shell . . .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Agreed. I just never had cravings for fried clams like I did for littlenecks (or even small cherrystones) on the half shell . . .
Roast clam special at the Place is the most addictive clam of all imo.

Reaction Score
The best NE and RI chowders around are served at a restaurant in Los Angeles. Flame away, but I've heard enough confirmation from life-long New Englanders to have a feeling I'm right.

Which restaurant?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Yes, I'll fly back for it. We can all throw down with the cooking and drinking while Auggie slays on the guitar.
And poker. We need to have a poker game. We already had a cesspool game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom