OT: Best chili in CT | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Best chili in CT

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm in the processs of making 2 different sauces for Nashville hot chicken for a family gathering today. One with cayenne. One with ghost chiles.

It's really really hot

If you're not wearing gloves, be sure you don't rub one out for awhile.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
If you're not wearing gloves, be sure you don't rub one out for awhile.

I'm wearing gloves and goggles. I grind the peppers myself. Won't let wife daughter in kitchen.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
My fiancé made "chili" today. She put two chicken breasts in the crockpot with, golly, it must have been probably a vat of sodium free vegetable stock, one onion a green pepper and a can of pinto beans. Then she added FAT FREE ALMOND MILK AND COCONUT FLOUR. She was shocked when the "chili" didn't thicken up. Probably because what you added wasn't really milk and flour. It was an okay tasting soup but no one in their right mind would have called that chili.

She should be arrested and incarcerated by the chili police for that felonious abomination. Merely referring to that as "chili" is an actionable offense, let alone actually serving it to anyone.

Reaction Score
If it don't burn on the way in, and burn on the way out, it don't count.

Reaction Score
My wife makes this concoction she calls chili which contains ground turkey, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, chick peas, black beans and a jar of salsa.

It looks something like what would happen if you heaved after eating some legitimate chili and I can't say it tastes much better.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
My wife makes this concoction she calls chili which contains ground turkey, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, chick peas, black beans and a jar of salsa.

It looks something like what would happen if you heaved after eating some legitimate chili and I can't say it tastes much better.

One of my oldest friend's wife makes "chili" with ground beef, a can of pork & beans, a bottle of ketchup and a teaspoon of chili powder. She bought the jar of chili powder years ago, and only uses a teaspoon at a time, maybe twice a year, when they are in the mood for this crap. Can't imagine it tastes like anything at all by now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom