OT: Best chili in CT | The Boneyard

OT: Best chili in CT

Reaction Score
Can we have separate threads for true chili-pros and amateurs? Because I don't TOUCH "chili" that has beans in it, and I know you people are going to try to pull bean stew crap off as chili.

Reaction Score
Can we have separate threads for true chili-pros and amateurs? Because I don't TOUCH "chili" that has beans in it, and I know you people are going to try to pull bean stew crap off as chili.

Can you explain this to me? It's like saying I don't TOUCH any pizza that isn't just dough, sauce, and cheese.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Chili elitist...

Reaction Score
No, it's like saying I don't touch pizza with pineapple or bananas on it. Crap that simply doesn't belong there.

Ok I at least get that analogy, but I don't feel like beans change the overall taste of chili as much as pineapple or banana (does anyone actually put banana on their pizza) does.

Reaction Score
Then you haven't had proper chili.

I've had chili without beans...not sure if that made it proper or not. If it's literally the same thing just with beans, I don't get the hate.

Reaction Score
Can you explain this to me? It's like saying I don't TOUCH any pizza that isn't just dough, sauce, and cheese.

I just don't like being lied to.

Label it as red bean stew if you're going to serve me red bean stew. Can it be good? Sure, but I'm not touching the stuff if you mislabel it.

Reaction Score
I just don't like being lied to.

Label it as red bean stew if you're going to serve me red bean stew. Can it be good? Sure, but I'm not touching the stuff if you mislabel it.

Are you from Texas? Asking for a friend...okay me from earlier in the thread.

Reaction Score
ChiliBomb in Fairfield has a good one. The Texas Peacemaker. It's actually an excellent option for all types of munchie food. Great burgers, fries, fried chicken, etc. and the owner is a really good (but strange) dude.

Reaction Score
My favorite chili is actually what you find on the chili dogs at Merrit Canteen in BPT. You will sweat eating it, but very flavorful. Considering that most of their food is frozen, I doubt they make it from scratch but their purveyor, whoever it may be, has got the goods. I don't think this would be something to eat from a bowl but the chili dog is delicious.

Edit. Apparently it is homemade, and you can also find it at Mr Macs in Monroe.

Reaction Score
ChiliBomb in Fairfield has a good one. The Texas Peacemaker. It's actually an excellent option for all types of munchie food. Great burgers, fries, fried chicken, etc. and the owner is a really good (but strange) dude.
Had that last month. Plan B makes a better chili to me.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Wally's (at UConn) puts chili on some of their wraps and their chili is great. The tank is a UConn staple nowadays.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm violating multiple taboos here, but my favorite chili is my wife's turkey chili, made in a Crock-Pot, with both beans and chickpeas, as well as corn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom