OT Baseball HOF hypocrisy | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT Baseball HOF hypocrisy

Reaction Score
Of course and really it's the court of public opinion and trying to connect dots. I truly believe that the far majority of baseball fans believe that Ortiz was using. Those that don't are Red Sox fans. We could say the same for Piazza, Bagwell, and many others who are already in the HOF.

I cannot distance myself from the fact that the vast majority of the names on the original failed test list were in-fact users. Why Ortiz is the one guy who's test is deemed invalid is beyond my understanding. Most of the other admitted guys on that list didn't fail tests either.

Honestly, I don't blame any guy who did PEDs and if you were made better as a result and got away with it, all power to you. I certainly didn't mind when Pettitte was pitching well or Giambi was hitting homeruns against Pedro to keep us in the game in 2003. Scumbag though he is, watching Bonds turn into a video game player was awesome. It was incredible to watch someone who was just infinitely better than anyone else. And, to be honest, I'd take the steroid era in a heartbeat when games were exciting and interesting over the complete drudgery that is solo homeruns, shifts, and the endless strikeout baseball of 2022.
I think even Red Sox believe he was using. There's just a big difference between believing something and having conclusive proof. I believe Bagwell and Piazza were using too. Probably Pudge Rodriguez also.

Reaction Score
I think even Red Sox believe he was using. There's just a big difference between believing something and having conclusive proof. I believe Bagwell and Piazza were using too. Probably Pudge Rodriguez also.

Think it's likely that Bagwell used; guy became the incredible hulk there for a spell. Piazza is probable, but there's something about his denials that seem authentic. Pudge I think is a no-brainer. He's mentioned in Canseco's book and literally everyone Canseco cited was nabbed at one point.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Its been proven that A-Rod juiced for years without getting caught until he screwed up his losange schedule and took one too close to a drug test which caused him to fail. So it is possible to get right up to that line without getting caught as long as you’re very careful. Check out “Screwball” on Netflix all about the Balco scandal. It explains a lot…including how A-Rod threw his teammate under the bus…

I dislike Papi as much as A-Rod (and Laettner) mostly because he skated after testing positive for “something”…which he said he was going to look into…thennnn it just kinda went away. For me, conclusive proof is that he hit 30, 35, 37 and 38 homeruns after turning 35 when most non-chemically enhanced players are wrapping up their careers. Someone better at sports research can give a list of players who raked during the same age period and it would probably include all of the known juicers. Is he just a freak of nature? Perhaps, but it’s rare. Plus that late in his career the risk/reward is favorable. Don’t get caught, keep signing lucrative 1-2 year deals. Get caught, retire.

Probably the thing I dislike most is his getting into the HOF opens the door for A-Rod…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom