OT- Angel Hernandez | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT- Angel Hernandez

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I like that Cashman is about winning the trade more than winning the WS.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A bunch going on here:

Angel had nothing to do with the outcome, CC should shut up. Porcello should serioulsy shut up and mind his own business. Let's see if that puss arm is still throwing when he nears 40, CC's career kills his it's not close, stay out of it a-wipe.

Sox can hit that's the difference period. They have 7-8 guys who can hit .270 and plus rather than 1or 2 .270 guys and a bunch of crappy hitters who can homer on occasion. They can move people around without hitting the long ball and were built to win in the playoffs, nice job by the GM. And he got some career years which always helps any winners. They've had a tremendous year but they need to win it all to truly be winners.

A 109 win season can't end with a loss or it means very little, sorry it's reality. I know many of you think you just won the World Series but that's a crappy Yanks team. Win 8 more and you will go down in history.

Congrats but too many celebrations and dances for me to like too many guys on that team. Hate the Astro's but they can't beat you down hard enough. They will have a tough time though as the Indians certainly aren't the Red Sox.

The only reason Porcello piped up is because CC implicitly blamed the ump for the loss. Nobody likes to have a win diminished for reasons that aren't entirely accurate. See Hoop's post.

I don't think anybody feels like we won the World Series. Yanks/Sox is always a big deal in the playoffs though, and it hasn't happened in yonks.

Celebrations and dances are here to stay in baseball, mau. Might as well embrace it. Make baseball fun again.

The Astros should pummel the Sox. And everybody else really.

Reaction Score
And he probably ends up with the Cards or Braves.
He certainly isn't basing where he goes on whether he will be in hitting.
A bunch going on here:

Angel had nothing to do with the outcome, CC should shut up. Porcello should serioulsy shut up and mind his own business. Let's see if that puss arm is still throwing when he nears 40, CC's career kills his it's not close, stay out of it a-wipe.

Sox can hit that's the difference period. They have 7-8 guys who can hit .270 and plus rather than 1or 2 .270 guys and a bunch of crappy hitters who can homer on occasion. They can move people around without hitting the long ball and were built to win in the playoffs, nice job by the GM. And he got some career years which always helps any winners. They've had a tremendous year but they need to win it all to truly be winners.

A 109 win season can't end with a loss or it means very little, sorry it's reality. I know many of you think you just won the World Series but that's a crappy Yanks team. Win 8 more and you will go down in history.

Congrats but too many celebrations and dances for me to like too many guys on that team. Hate the Astro's but they can't beat you down hard enough. They will have a tough time though as the Indians certainly aren't the Red Sox.
Why do you hate the Stros? I find them to be one of the most likable teams in recent memory and it doesn't hurt they have a UConn alum doing historic postseason things.

As for the Yankees they were clearly a flawed team but I'm really bummed out in what I saw from Boone.

Reaction Score
The Yankees, seeking good karma, had Bucky Dent throw out the first pitch. It was Dent who homered to beat the Sox in the fabled 1978 playoff game between the teams. The Yankees trotted out Dent for first-pitch duty in Game 7 of the 2004 American League Championship Series. The Red Sox won that game, 10-3.

If I were a Yankees fan I'd ask them to ditch the Dent schtick. I think he already squeezed every ounce of karma he ever had into that one swing in 1978. Nothing left.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Porcello is infuriating. He can be so, so good. But then he stinks it up right after. Still amazing he managed to hold it together consistently for that Cy Young a few seasons ago.

Reaction Score
The Yankees, seeking good karma, had Bucky Dent throw out the first pitch. It was Dent who homered to beat the Sox in the fabled 1978 playoff game between the teams. The Yankees trotted out Dent for first-pitch duty in Game 7 of the 2004 American League Championship Series. The Red Sox won that game, 10-3.

If I were a Yankees fan I'd ask them to ditch the Dent schtick. I think he already squeezed every ounce of karma he ever had into that one swing in 1978. Nothing left.
Maybe not as much as Aaron Boone. Aaron milked 2003 into being named the manager of a team that was a few innings away from the World Series the year before.

Reaction Score

Yeah maybe, it is all entertainment though and the telecasts can't or don't play up the Sox 'curse' or history anywhere near the way they used to. If this series was televised the way 2003-4 were we'd have gotten a shot of Aaron Boone's homer every time he was on camera. I don't know that the Sox haven't had Dave Roberts or Kevin Millar come back 2-5 too many times. And the 'tourist' factor of Fenway still makes it impossible for them to drop Sweet Caroline even though Neil Diamond once killed a drifter to get an superjohn.

We are all old. It is sad that I'm the first to point this out, but the Sox shimmies, pointing and dancing are all Fortnite moves.

Reaction Score
He certainly isn't basing where he goes on whether he will be in hitting.

Why do you hate the Stros? I find them to be one of the most likable teams in recent memory and it doesn't hurt they have a UConn alum doing historic postseason things.

As for the Yankees they were clearly a flawed team but I'm really bummed out in what I saw from Boone.

Yeah I guess I don't "hate" them I will take that back, bad mood this morning after that loss. They have some guys to like in Springer, Correa, Altuve kinda and really their pitching is solid how ever they get it done. Just not likable overall Bregman I can't stand maybe he's the reason for the strong words. I'm a fan for a couple weeks nonetheless.

Yanks are flawed, need to insert some people who can actually hit for average. Lots of disappointments like Didi who opened up with power and never seemed to grasp that wasn't who he was. Never went back to hitting to LF like the guy who built himself into a .290/300 hitter. Torres after the injury over swinging, Sanchez was God awful in every way and Gardy is done I do believe. Yellich would've been a great get but easy to say now huh, but that's what they pay the GMs for. I'm all in on Machado if we can use pieces to pick up starting pitching. Would love to have his .320/28/100 in that lineup. Maybe Murphy from the Nats who I believe is a FA and can hit when healthy. I don't know they need to make some changes to be like the Sox Astro's and win in the postseason it will be interesting.

Boone, we sound like whiners to win 100, not have Judge for a 1/3 of the year too and make Boone out to be a crappy manager. But he wasn't good I feel they won despite. For Andujar not to bat in that game at all is a crime for manager and to not be a pinch hitter ahead of all others when they finally had some people on base (instead of Mccutcheon, hell yeah) ids ridiculous. They won't get rid of him but he has a heck of a lot to prove next year.

Reaction Score
RE: Boone - Did you guys see that Tweet with stats on Yanks Winning Prob changing in the 3rd?
Start of 3rd - 50%
Beni HBP - 46%
Pearce single - 36%
Martinez SF - 39%
Xander out - 41%
Kinsler double - 30%
Nunez single - 22%
Boone never budged.

Reaction Score
The Yankees won 100 games this season. They got to the 7th game of the ALCS last year, against the team that won the World Series, and I'd argue that they're better this year than last year. Don't diminish what the Sox just did by saying the Yankees aren't that good. That's B.S.

The rest of what you wrote I can't argue with.

Say what you want Hooper but they aren't as good as last year the league was much worst overall and that's how they got to 100. They were a very flawed baseball team they had 2 full time guys in the lineup finish over .270 hitting, no one over .300 (Voit small sample) and that's disgusting. They were easily the worst Yankee team ever in the clutch all year and I'd love to see the numbers with bases loaded no one out, same with one out and first and 3rd no one out etc etc....they came up empty time and time again all year. Came into the year thinking Gray would get you 10-14 wins, heck Happ saved them. Relegated to CC, Tanaka as question marks in all reality and Severino arguably the best in the first half but them having a 6.00 ERA the rest of the way this was not a strong team like it or not. Am I happy they won 100 hell yeah and quite amazed but again, not a real good baseball team. Not set up to score against good pitching lots of swings and misses in the lineup. I think I've already told you guys you had a great year and were the better team overall no doubt about it so take what I say as you will not trying to take anything away. But it's the truth. They don't have to blow the team up but it's closer to that than you think. Need to mirror the Sox more on O that's what I'm saying. And the skipper has a ton to prove he got outreached dramatically by a guy who pulled all the right strings while his all broke.

Reaction Score

Oh yeah I agree ruins some lefties like Didi this year. But your guys built a team for the "wall" and they take full advantage of it and helps them throw great numbers up and it should be the same for the Yanks. When Torres hit his first 20 HRs he was hitting a 3rd of them to RF because he wasn't trying to hit HRs he was trying to hit it where they pitched him. And he hit a few rappers to RC because he was just on a torrid pace but not trying got pull everything. All changed and he tried to HRs and hence his crappy finish. Like the kid he should be a good one but it seemed to be the Yankee way this year and I for one hate it. You don't have to hit HRs in right field we will take a baserunner if you're pitched outside and you're a lefty.

The shift should raise averages shouldn't it of you're a real good hitter. It amazes me to see guys continue to make outs when there's a field wide fn open???? Baseball has changes to the .240/30/85 guys making millions well it won't win games and our guys need to figure that out.

I really need the Huskies and Hurley to have a solid year because I now have no baseball or football.:eek:

Reaction Score

A lot of this going around. As a Cubs fan I have been consistently frustrated by their complete inability or unwillingness to adjust their approach at the plate to the situation. I would be surprised if they weren't last or close to it over the last few years at moving the lead-off double to third and driving in a runner from third with less than two outs. Their inability to manufacture a run against good pitching doomed them. Maybe a lot like the Yankees, they're either pounding home runs or they're struggling to score.

Reaction Score
RE: Boone - Did you guys see that Tweet with stats on Yanks Winning Prob changing in the 3rd?
Start of 3rd - 50%
Beni HBP - 46%
Pearce single - 36%
Martinez SF - 39%
Xander out - 41%
Kinsler double - 30%
Nunez single - 22%
Boone never budged.

I mean you can name quite a few crazy things he did but none worst than Severino back out for the 4th and not having anyone warm up when JD almost took CC deep for a sac fly still no one moving in the pen? I mean all hands on deck right, do or die where's his analytical brain during these moments?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
A lot of this going around. As a Cubs fan I have been consistently frustrated by their complete inability or unwillingness to adjust their approach at the plate to the situation. I would be surprised if they weren't last or close to it over the last few years at moving the lead-off double to third and driving in a runner from third with less than two outs. Their inability to manufacture a run against good pitching doomed them. Maybe a lot like the Yankees, they're either pounding home runs or they're struggling to score.

They are eerily similar good point. And both good teams but frustrating as hell and not well prepped for the playoffs.

Reaction Score
Porcello And Sale pitches really well and Eovaldi pitched great.

Reaction Score
I mean you can name quite a few crazy things he did but none worst than Severino back out for the 4th and not having anyone warm up when JD almost took him deep for a sac fly still no one moving in the pen? I mean all hands on deck right, do or die where's his analytical brain during these moments?
Severino back for the fourth, then compounds it by watching him load the bases with no outs and then with the best bullpen in baseball he put in Lance Lynn. For him to repeat the same thing the next night makes it even more troubling. Boone was exposed big time.

Reaction Score
Cubs and Yankees are the two teams I watch and as you point out they both stink at manufacturing runs. I'm not a fan of either manager's in game skills. Love Maddon as a person but he always leaves me scratching my head and his managing to lose the division and playoff game at home in back to back games left a lot to be desired. I always maintain they won it all in spite of his World Series decisions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom