OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: 2017-2018 NBA Season Thread

Reaction Score
Apparently Rudy is doing work

It is truly amazing how good of a coach Pop is. They are 4 and 0 and have beaten 3 likely playoff teams. All without Kawhi! Rudy is just getting his legs back and is somehow fitting in seamlessly 4 games in when some thought he would never fit in.

Reaction Score
Kemba and J Lamb both killed it tonight, with the Hornets beating the Magic.

Kemba: 34 pts 10 asts 6 rebs
J Lamb: 20 pts 7 asts 6 rebs

Both shot very well too.

Was just about to post this SMH. Yeah Kemba shot 15-25, Lamb 9-15. It's still surreal seeing them start in the same back court on a (decent) NBA team.

Not sure if anybody posted Kemba's on/off numbers, but it's basically been night and day with him on and off the court this season (or maybe day and night). He continued that tonight with a +22 in a 7 point win. It's futile to talk MVP after five games, but he's in that conversation if the season ended today. He's been that good.

Reaction Score
Was just about to post this SMH. Yeah Kemba shot 15-25, Lamb 9-15. It's still surreal seeing them start in the same back court on a (decent) NBA team.

Not sure if anybody posted Kemba's on/off numbers, but it's basically been night and day with him on and off the court this season (or maybe day and night). He continued that tonight with a +22 in a 7 point win. It's futile to talk MVP after five games, but he's in that conversation if the season ended today. He's been that good.
Really like how they've also incorporated Lamb into being more of a creator too. Handling the ball and passing very well this year. He's always been a streaky scorer and very, very good rebounder for his size, now that he is adding more elements its great to see how well he's played.

Reaction Score
Guy had 17 boards, 15 points, and 3 blocks last night.
TONIGHT?
With 4 minutes left, 17 boards, 5 assists, and 5 steals at Golden State and you call out his 8 points (on 4 of 17)?
Tough, tough crowd.
When I posted that he wasn't playing well, and I watched the whole game. His first half was brutal, couldn't make a shot, defense was pretty good though. Played well in the second half, got clutch offensive boards and played good D. That post was based off of his first half.

Reaction Score
I watched the game, he got lit up

Still early but Andre Drummond leads the league in Defensive Win Share and defensive Box +/-, and is 8th in Defensive rating. There's more that goes into defense besides the opponents points.

Reaction Score
Still early but Andre Drummond leads the league in Defensive Win Share and defensive Box +/-, and is 8th in Defensive rating. There's more that goes into defense besides the opponents points.
He was also very high in some of those categories last year as well, yet he was a very mediocre defender. Not really sure how he was, those advanced metrics confuse me . But he has definitely been a better defender at this point in the season compared to years past.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
He was also very high in some of those categories last year as well, yet he was a very mediocre defender. Not really sure how he was, those advanced metrics confuse me . But he has definitely been a better defender at this point in the season compared to years past.
Those stats (which are generally very good, but not perfect) over-value defensive rebounding, which is why Andre rated so well last year despite being – as you correctly put it – a lazy & mediocre defender.

However, I agree with your assessment from early this year: He's been much better. He's more active and engaged, and is using his athleticism better to cut down angles, especially when hedging. He was absolutely crucial in that win over the Dubs last night.

Anyway, it's great to have five Huskies playing great ball to start the year. Shabazz hasn't gotten as much love in this thread yet but he's shooting the lights out and has earned a nice role as Portland's 9th or 10th man. Dude's gonna have a decade-long NBA career and add real value – not a Kemba-type star by any stretch, but the type of guy who can help make a team better through the grind of the regular season.

Reaction Score
Those stats (which are generally very good, but not perfect) over-value defensive rebounding, which is why Andre rated so well last year despite being – as you correctly put it – a lazy & mediocre defender.

However, I agree with your assessment from early this year: He's been much better. He's more active and engaged, and is using his athleticism better to cut down angles, especially when hedging. He was absolutely crucial in that win over the Dubs last night.

Anyway, it's great to have five Huskies playing great ball to start the year. Shabazz hasn't gotten as much love in this thread yet but he's shooting the lights out and has earned a nice role as Portland's 9th or 10th man. Dude's gonna have a decade-long NBA career and add real value – not a Kemba-type star by any stretch, but the type of guy who can help make a team better through the grind of the regular season.
Did you see KD put him on skates last night? hahaha. Glad he didn't fall though, but looked dangerously close to doing so

Reaction Score
Shabazz hasn't gotten as much love in this thread yet . . . .
Let's take care of that right now:
Guy averaged 24 minutes per game as a crucial 2nd ball handler, allowing KW to play off ball and get breathers, and his personal set of Senhor's finest was critical to our 3rd Nattie. As a freshman.
Guy stayed through the ban year, where he was punished for behavior that had nothing to do with him.
Guy was a national voice for giving student athletes benefits beyond the basic food plan, which didn't take care of all food/nutritional needs, and took big s--- for it.
Guy made it a personal mission to show the country what happens when you ban us, then put the team on his shoulders and parlayed incomparable moxie and leadership into Natie 4, taking us from darn darn good to top shelf baby.
I know about foundational Huskies - the George Washingtons and Adams and so on. But Shabazz is the greatest Husky ever.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Let's take care of that right now:
Guy averaged 24 minutes per game as a crucial 2nd ball handler, allowing KW to play off ball and get breathers, and his personal set of Senhor's finest was critical to our 3rd Nattie. As a freshman.
Guy stayed through the ban year, where he was punished for behavior that had nothing to do with him.
Guy was a national voice for giving student athletes benefits beyond the basic food plan, which didn't take care of all food/nutritional needs, and took big s--- for it.
Guy made it a personal mission to show the country what happens when you ban us, then put the team on his shoulders and parlayed incomparable moxie and leadership into Natie 4, taking us from darn darn good to top shelf baby.
I know about foundational Huskies - the George Washingtons and Adams and so on. But Shabazz is the greatest Husky ever.
4th Nattie.

4>1!:cool:

Reaction Score

Also leads the league in steals, is 3rd in steal %, 3rd in rebounds, and top 20 in blocks so it probably makes a little more sense this year.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Hornets have taken out Orlando and Memphis in back to back nights. No big deal. Kemba is being Kemba, but Lamb has been playing solidly too as a starter this season.

Reaction Score
Hornets have taken out Orlando and Memphis in back to back nights. No big deal. Kemba is being Kemba, but Lamb has been playing solidly too as a starter this season.

Tonight was big especially being down double digits in the 4th, Kemba willing his team with Conley guarding him I'm assuming ( I didnt see the game) Lamb also made some clutch shots.

Reaction Score
Like old times...

Damn - Lamb's arms are actually muscular and well-proportioned - well beyond the twigs he sported at UConn! Well done young fella - always had the incredible touch and nose for the ball - great job controlling what you could control to make your game better. I was rail thin in H.S. and college - so I know - took a lot of really hard work on Jeremy's part to put on that muscle. Really impressed.

Reaction Score
Kyrie playing really well keeping the Celtics in 1st despite the Hayward loss and Tatum looks great (14/7 48%fg and 50%3pt). Crowder doing nothing in CLe and IT hurt for who knows how long. Good thing Danny is running the show in Boston not @the Q

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
Kemba is still underrated IMO. He has turned himself into one of the elite point guards and a star. Take him off that Charlotte team and they stink.
Without Kemba, Charlotte wouldn't win more than 20 games. With him, they're a 40-45 win team. Other than LeBron, he may be the most important player to their team in the league.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Kyrie playing really well keeping the Celtics in 1st despite the Hayward loss and Tatum looks great (14/7 48%fg and 50%3pt). Crowder doing nothing in CLe and IT hurt for who knows how long. Good thing Danny is running the show in Boston not @the Q

Still right that Danny overpaid.

Espn even did an article about it. And the Bledsoe trade will confirm it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom