Ossining [Saniya] versus Cicero [Breanna] | The Boneyard

Ossining [Saniya] versus Cicero [Breanna]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I just checked the tournament brackets for the AA teams and Cicero and Ossining do indeed have just one game to play before making the state semis. Ossining this Friday....Cicero on Saturday.
They would then meet each other at 8:00 on March 16 in the second semifinal game at Hudson Valley CC in Troy with the winner advancing to Saturday's final.

I hope we can get a few Boneyarders courtside if that happens to cheer on the best player from 2012 and for the one with a current speeding bullet next to her name. The match-up would be fascinating....Ossining's pedal to the metal style...unbeaten with some quality wins....against national top 10 Cicero which has gone head-to-head with the elite and done just fine.

What a treat...make it happen, Saniya and Breanna!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting. My son is looking at colleges and is considering RPI. Maybe we can make a two-fer trip up to the Albany area.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
March 16.... I think that's a conflict with NCAA round 1?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Interesting. My son is looking at colleges and is considering RPI. Maybe we can make a two-fer trip up to the Albany area.
What's RPI's RPI? :)

My son looked at RPI and Cornell on a baseball HOF trip we took. He wound up not applying to either and went to Rice. Has your son looked at Rice? Is it too far?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
I vaguely recall applying to RPI. And being rejected. That should have wised me up that engineering was not my best choice for undergrad work, but it took me a couple of painful years more to figure that out.

Reaction Score
My neighbor's son looked at Rice ...
Fotolia_915192_Subscription_L.jpg

but he didn't have the chops to apply.

Reaction Score
Breanna & Cicero North will play at Hudson Valley CC THIS Saturday at 2 pm against Colonie High School.

Colonie has 2 players 5'10"(Rosales & Young) and they are their tallest players. Another is 5'9"(Loggins) and 2 are 5'8". Their leading scorers are Sydnie Rosales, Kawandi Young, Jaclyn Welch & Ashley Loggins. 14-2 in league play, 20-2 overall. Young & Rosales did hit the 3, 34 & 45 repsectively. Rosales is 76% at the FT line, Loggins 64%, . Rosales is listed as their center & Young at guard.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
What's RPI's RPI? :)

My son looked at RPI and Cornell on a baseball HOF trip we took. He wound up not applying to either and went to Rice. Has your son looked at Rice? Is it too far?
Yes, Rice is too far. His preliminary list is MIT, WPI, Brown, UConn, RPI, Northeastern and FIT (Florida Institute for Technology. For the beach, I think).

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Nan: frankly I am kinda mortified that you have a son old enough to be thinking about college. I am going on blind faith that this does not suggest anything at all about the age of his mother.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
However, blake, apparently, she can not get him on "The Last Train to (Clarkson)."

In honor of the passing of Davey Jones who I had the pleasure of playing golf with locally. A neat and humble guy who had a home in Beavertown, PA and played Shade Mountain G. C..

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Nan: frankly I am kinda mortified that you have a son old enough to be thinking about college. I am going on blind faith that this does not suggest anything at all about the age of his mother.

My guess is she was twelve when he was born.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yes, Rice is too far. His preliminary list is MIT, WPI, Brown, UConn, RPI, Northeastern and FIT (Florida Institute for Technology. For the beach, I think).
I have experience with Brown, as well, if you want any info. I used to do alumni interviewing for them.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
However, blake, apparently, she can not get him on "The Last Train to (Clarkson)."
My son can do better than Clarkson, which would be a safety school. His guidance counselor gave us a list of colleges sorted into these categories and suggested he stick to the top two categories with one safety school (FIT). The bolded schools are my son's interests:

Most Competitive - Ivies, Duke, MIT, ND, RPI, Stanford, et al
Highly Competitive - Cal Poly, Clemson, Northeastern, Ohio State, St. John's, UConn, WPI, et al. Oddly, Cornell is on this list
Very Competitive - Clarkson, FIT, Auburn, Brigham Young, Hofstra, et al
Competitive - CCSU, SCSU, et al
Less Competitive - DeVry, Univ Bridgeport, Western KY, et al
Noncompeititive - Cleveland State, Grambling State, Univ Alaska-Anchorage, et al

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have experience with Brown, as well, if you want any info. I used to do alumni interviewing for them.
He's interested in Engineering and Brown has an engineering curriculum but I heard recently Brown in stronger in the physical sciences? An engineer I know was surprised my son was considering Brown.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
My son can do better than Clarkson, which would be a safety school. His guidance counselor gave us a list of colleges sorted into these categories and suggested he stick to the top two categories with one safety school (FIT). The bolded schools are my son's interests:

Most Competitive - Ivies, Duke, MIT, ND, RPI, Stanford, et al
Highly Competitive - Cal Poly, Clemson, Northeastern, Ohio State, St. John's, UConn, WPI, et al. Oddly, Cornell is on this list
Very Competitive - Clarkson, FIT, Auburn, Brigham Young, Hofstra, et al
Competitive - CCSU, SCSU, et al
Less Competitive - DeVry, Univ Bridgeport, Western KY, et al
Noncompeititive - Cleveland State, Grambling State, Univ Alaska-Anchorage, et al
Northeastern is Highly Competitive now? That school has come a long way apparently. I'm curious why Tufts was not suggested. They have an excellent engineering school, or used to back in the day.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
He's interested in Engineering and Brown has an engineering curriculum but I heard recently Brown in stronger in the physical sciences? An engineer I know was surprised my son was considering Brown.
That sounds right. Engineering is not their strength. Has your son looked at Lehigh?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That sounds right. Engineering is not their strength. Has your son looked at Lehigh?
We're just starting the search so, no, he hasn't looked at Lehigh. He's strongly leaning towards MIT (he knows it will be tough to get in) with WPI then RPI right behind. Maybe he'll change his mind after his visits.

Reaction Score
Just curious, but which type of engineering? Many disciplines, and some places offer more than others.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Another thought: Carnegie Mellon. I know someone who turned down MIT for CMU. She is very, very bright and loved it there.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Just curious, but which type of engineering? Many disciplines, and some places offer more than others.
Probably mechanical, maybe aeronautical, with a possibe EE minor. He wants to build things and get his hands dirty while doing so.

Reaction Score
I just checked the tournament brackets for the AA teams and Cicero and Ossining do indeed have just one game to play before making the state semis. Ossining this Friday....Cicero on Saturday.
They would then meet each other at 8:00 on March 16 in the second semifinal game at Hudson Valley CC in Troy with the winner advancing to Saturday's final.

I hope we can get a few Boneyarders courtside if that happens to cheer on the best player from 2012 and for the one with a current speeding bullet next to her name. The match-up would be fascinating....Ossining's pedal to the metal style...unbeaten with some quality wins....against national top 10 Cicero which has gone head-to-head with the elite and done just fine.

What a treat...make it happen, Saniya and Breanna!
Watched Ossining play today in Westchester. Against Lourdes. SC is a decent player, but was forcing some shots as the coach kept whispering how close she was to 2000 points. Looked like she wanted to get that behind her. Lourdes had a 5'7" freshman that looked like she might blossom into a decent prospect. Very high BB IQ. Very fast.

Reaction Score
Probably mechanical, maybe aeronautical, with a possibe EE minor. He wants to build things and get his hands dirty while doing so.
Aeronautical is a niche I would think. Off the top of my head, Purdue has a good rep for it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
We're just starting the search so, no, he hasn't looked at Lehigh. He's strongly leaning towards MIT (he knows it will be tough to get in) with WPI then RPI right behind. Maybe he'll change his mind after his visits.
MIT is a great choice, but having alternatives is desirable. Is he Ok with an urban setting and ultracompetitive, nerdy kids?

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Aeronautical is a niche I would think. Off the top of my head, Purdue has a good rep for it.
I think Embry-Riddle specializes in it but other than the passing interest in FIT taht my son is looking close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom