Oriakhi Jumping on Twitter 30 min after the game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Oriakhi Jumping on Twitter 30 min after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Honest question. Do you think Calhoun cares? I think he might in some ways actually be glad Alex is angry he's not playing more.
I actually think part of him probably finds it funny, especially given the hilarious backtracking that Alex is doing.

He'd probably find it less funny if he couldn't win the next ten games without playing him.

Reaction Score
Wow I love how people jump Alex when he does bad but during the UCF game when he was doing good everyone praises him. Honestly who gives a what he tweets? Have anyone you actually talked to Alex in person? I have and he keeps up with the social media to connect with his fans because he loves his fans and loves uconn. Everyone should get off his back he's a 21 yr old kid.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yeah AO seems to be trying to do damage control on his comments. Also, check the Uconn Blogs story on this and read the viewer comments and you have someone saying to be AO's sister getting very combative with the readers. Its kinda getting ugly. Also I backchecked with her twitter account and it rlly seems to be her on the blog comments. Hopefully this doesnt lead to a transfer or anything, we need alex
in the streets it could mean BOSS... there's tons of words that mean somthing else when you're talking slang.

everyone "may think" he's mad with Coach and thats the reason for reading his comments wrong.

Reaction Score
lol everyones gotta relax again...what goes on in the locker room stays there...we wouldnt be where we are today with AO...he will shine and the best players will find their way back onto the floor...just get behind this team because its going to be a very fun season...thats our job as fans...love AO and we will need him...

Reaction Score
Alex could walk away from basketball tomorrow and devote the rest of his life to the pan flute, and I would still love him for helping us bring the title last year. He was a beast in the championship game. However, I really hope it doesn't come to that - he still has two more full seasons to give us, and the pan flute will still be there when he's finished.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that the younger generations seem to think that there's an automatic exception to anything that's posted on social media.
It's like they don't think it counts if it's not said aloud to another person.
It counts, and there is zero doubt that JC has heard about it and that it pisses him off.
Wasn't the last twit before the FSU game?
Maybe the reason he only got 10 minutes of run time was because JC heard about the that he twitted.

Comparable to the Italian no-harm no-foul finish: "but I don't mean that in a bad way."
Your mother's a whore, but I don't mean that in a bad way.

I love hearing about mumus getting fired because they post stuff on their twits and farcebook accounts and the boss finds out about them.
I can imagine the conversation when they get canned - "What do you mean you're firing me? I said you were an ? But it's on farcebook, it doesn't count."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Alex, the vast majority of UConn fans love you, but you better listen to whatever messages JC is sending you

If you want to get to the next level, he's the best at getting people there

We all watched you in the tourny last year, we know what you can do

"just do it"

Reaction Score
Kid is young and emotitional.

My definition of Mumu is what Homer wore in one of the best Simpsons episodes.

He should kill that twitter account during game days though. I love his twitter account in offseason.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Kid is young and emotitional.

My definition of Mumu is what Homer wore in one of the best Simpsons episodes.

He should kill that twitter account during game days though. I love his twitter account in offseason.

In that case Dajuan Blair really could've used Calhoun in college.

Reaction Score
Wow I love how people jump Alex when he does bad but during the UCF game when he was doing good everyone praises him. Honestly who gives a freak what he tweets? Have anyone you actually talked to Alex in person? I have and he keeps up with the social media to connect with his fans because he loves his fans and loves uconn. Everyone should get off his back he's a 21 yr old kid.
He's a 21 yr old man! And a disrespectful one at that.

Reaction Score
Actually, I think Calhoun is completely in the wrong here. Just like I think he's in the wrong with Roscoe and Giffey.

Three guys who played a pretty big role in a championship game, and now struggle to get off the bench. And then they watch Napier and Lamb make stupid play after stupid play, and play the entire game. I'd be upset too.

Reaction Score
Actually, I think Calhoun is completely in the wrong here. Just like I think he's in the wrong with Roscoe and Giffey.

Three guys who played a pretty big role in a championship game, and now struggle to get off the bench. And then they watch Napier and Lamb make stupid play after stupid play, and play the entire game. I'd be upset too.

Yeah, because Lamb and Napier did nothing to win the championship. They have been the worst players we have had this year too.

Are you dumb?

Reaction Score

It's a long season

Reaction Score

Not sure how strong your argument for Roscoe and Giffey would be if you were their lawyer?? And by the way I like both of those guys very much.

Reaction Score
Completely agree with some sort of two hour rule (cooling off period). Sometimes we forget that these are 20 and 21 year old kids.
Hmmm...yeah, 21 yr old kids who can vote or order a shot of tequila. ;)

Then again if he's really acting like a kid then Calhoun should take his phone away from him until he gets his next double/double.

Reaction Score
Bottom line, our basketball team is incredibly deep. Most players should end up having professional careers somewhere.

Reaction Score
Anyone saying AO is a grown up. Ever do anything dumb your junior year of college? I know I did.

The larger issue here is; twitter is letting locker room stuff out before the kids/"grown men" can cool off.

Finally, as a Captain he should be better than this.

Reaction Score
I don't think anyone here believes that AO is incapable of being a star on this team or that he doesn't have the right to be upset with Calhoun's approach. What people have a problem with is that he is publicly disrespecting his hall of fame coach. That can't be tolerated. And, frankly, the depth of his negativity is the only thing that can truly keep him from achieving his goals.

Reaction Score
I think JC said it best. "Alex needs to be a bully in the paint". He does not need to bully coach on twitter- that will get you nothing but more pine.

Hey AO! You have lots of fans in the UCONN nation-some advice, if you are pissed off after a game- take it out in practice and you will see way more PT.

Reaction Score
The only thing sillier and less productive than what Oriakhi is tweeting is following his tweets and reacting all over the map. The story with 3 updates on his tweets, new definitions and now redacted tweets is comical. Isn't there an apocryphal story about the Kardashian the tweeted "wolf"?

In terms of following UConn basketball I guess this is somewhat interesting in terms of a more public growing up and learning process for Alex. Years past this would have taken place largely behind the scenes where it probably belongs. Ultimately its hopefully just growing pains for Alex the person, player and the team.

Reaction Score
Yeah, because Lamb and Napier did nothing to win the championship. They have been the worst players we have had this year too.

Are you dumb?

Nope, Lamb and Napier did help us win the championship, but that wasn't my point.
Lamb and Napier make some terrible mistakes, and are rarely pulled out of the game.

AO, Roscoe, and Giffey (if he gets to play) get yanked instantly if they make a mistake.

Calhoun is a fantastic coach, and it's a long season. But sometimes he is wrong.

Reaction Score
Nope, Lamb and Napier did help us win the championship, but that wasn't my point.
Lamb and Napier make some terrible mistakes, and are rarely pulled out of the game.

AO, Roscoe, and Giffey (if he gets to play) get yanked instantly if they make a mistake.

Calhoun is a fantastic coach, and it's a long season. But sometimes he is wrong.

What?

"Calhoun called a timeout to take Lamb out of the game 5 seconds into the second half after his star guard walked the ball across half court."

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I see Giffey as being the basketball equivalent of a special teams player this season. He might not be getting the minutes now but he'll be called on when needed down the road.

Reaction Score

When AO gets yanked, they replace him with Andre Drummond. When Roscoe gets yanked, they replace him with DeAndre Daniels.

If Calhoun were to yank Shabazz Napier (pre-Boatright), he'd have to replace him with a walk-on.

Calhoun only uses the quick pull when he has depth. This year, that depth is in the 3-5 spots - which directly affects the guys you mentioned.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's really that simple: AO needs to stay off of Twitter. If you don't understand this, you're delusional. Nothing productive comes from questioning your coach in a public forum or reacting to any idiot who wants to tweet you.

On the women's side, the girls are banned from tweeting at all during the season. Crap like this is exactly why, and it's worse when testosterone is involved. The men's coaches should talk to Geno and Chris Dailey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom